What's new

Parallels between Turkish attempt at COUP and Egypt

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Parallels between Turkish attempt at COUP and Egypt

Is it not strange that both Turkey & Egypt would face the COUP attempts back t back
In one case of course the Military took partial control which is starting a civil war in Egypt

What is take of Turkish on the proximity of the Egypt crisis

Two governments "Democratically" elected yet people do not want to wait for results and rather take to streets

Its very easy,democraticly elected both;
Why try to change it into something else after winning the elections?
Erdogan wants Turkey to be an islamic state instead of the current secular state.
Morsi tried the same but the armed forces prevented that.
A coup in Turkey is impossible because the government controlls the armed forces,thats why people took to the streets.

MB just couldn't consolidate its power over the institutions of state like judiciary and military etc while AKP had done that long before the 'mass protests'.

Erdogan wants Turkey to be an islamic state instead of the current secular state.

Enough is enough mate. Last decade long all we heard was "Turkey is becoming Iran/Afghanistan or equal Islamic state..." A lit' bit more creativity will be appreciated ;)

Enough is enough mate. Last decade long all we heard was "Turkey is becoming Iran/Afghanistan or equal Islamic state..." A lit' bit more creativity will be appreciated ;)
So you what you trying to say is that im over reacting?

MB just couldn't consolidate its power over the institutions of state like judiciary and military etc while AKP had done that long before the 'mass protests'.

Agree on judiciary part but when it comes to military, in democracies, armies work under governments, nothing can be more ordinary. They are soldiers not politicians.

So you what you trying to say is that im over reacting?

No, Sir.. But reality comes from facts. Turkey will remain secular.

Agree on judiciary part but when it comes to military, in democracies, armies work under governments, nothing can be more ordinary. They are soldiers not politicians.

No, Sir.. But reality comes from facts. Turkey will remain secular.

So true.. but Turkish military has been sufficiently tamed by the current leadership unlike the Egyptian military who just toppled an elected govt under the excuse of saving the nation.

So true.. but Turkish military has been sufficiently tamed by the current leadership unlike the Egyptian military who just toppled an elected govt under the excuse of saving the nation.
Why did they topple the government,just for fun?

actually this coup has similarities with the 1977 coup in Pakistan. A mass movement took place generally by all and some allege that it was supported by the US.

General Zia of Pakistan like Fatah cited reasons of violence to topple the govt that was achieved after a min revolution which was also deemed to be incompetent and had ignored smaller parties.

How is Erdogan trying to change Turkiye into an Islamic Republic? Just because he passed a law that says women can wear hijabs to universities and other public places?

I toured through Turkiye. I slept on beaches and hitchhiked my way from Sinop to Istanbul. I saw many women outside of the cities wearing hijabs proudly.

Honest Question. How is Erdogon changing Turkiye into an Islamic Republic? Just because he's bringing some Political Islam into Turkiye? Honest Question.

From fear of being relegated from their past role. Or whatever never justifies the ouster of an elected govt before its mandated term is over.
Thats not it,if that was the case then there would have been a military rule led by an armed forces general.
Why the civilian interim government?
The only reason was that Morsi tried to change governance(not democratic,favoring MB policies).

Thəorətic Muslim;4499394 said:
How is Erdogan trying to change Turkiye into an Islamic Republic? Just because he passed a law that says women can wear hijabs to universities and other public places?

I toured through Turkiye. I slept on beaches and hitchhiked my way from Sinop to Istanbul. I saw many women outside of the cities wearing hijabs proudly.

Honest Question. How is Erdogon changing Turkiye into an Islamic Republic? Just because he's bringing some Political Islam into Turkiye? Honest Question.
Good question,i shall answer you with an article if you read it i think you will have your answer.
It is not a western propaganda source.
Muftah » One View from the Ground: Erdogan Targeting Secularism in Turkey

MB should have formented its power in the state apparatus and like AKP should have purged all zionist army nut cases and mubarak era slave mentality judiciary. They utterly lacked the media and strength in the state apparatuses and could never consolidate power or even tried to. Mr. Mursi made the mistake of going slow in cleaning the zionist dirt built up over decades. While AKP played in cards well and consolidated its power and justifiably and legally ruined all attempts of pro-western/zionist coup attempt. There is lessons to be learned for MB from this as they should never trust and go easy on militant "seculars" and zionist elements. While AKP should also take heed from this and never let their guard down so that they can stir turkey forward and solidify the democratic base of Turkey in an unbreakable iron clad. Specially try to permanently cleanse the Turkish state off kelamist ideology, off course in a democratic manner which will take a decade or two.

MB should have formented its power in the state apparatus and like AKP should have purged all zionist army nut cases and mubarak era slave mentality judiciary. They utterly lacked the media and strength in the state apparatuses and could never consolidate power or even tried to. Mr. Mursi made the mistake of going slow in cleaning the zionist dirt built up over decades. While AKP played in cards well and consolidated its power and justifiably and legally ruined all attempts of pro-western/zionist coup attempt. There is lessons to be learned for MB from this as they should never trust and go easy on militant "seculars" and zionist elements. While AKP should also take heed from this and never let their guard down so that they can stir turkey forward and solidify the democratic base of Turkey in an unbreakable iron clad. Specially try to permanently cleanse the Turkish state off kelamist ideology, off course in a democratic manner which will take a decade or two.
Is there anything the zionists didnt do in your vieuw?
Evry issue has to do with zionists?
And you can dream about Erdogan cleaning the state of Kemalist ideology.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom