What's new

Parallels between Turkish attempt at COUP and Egypt

People don't know what Jordan went through because of those MB fanatics in Egypt. And this is the first time I say it. The last two years were the worst in the history of Jordan economically and socially. Egyptian MB cut off the contracted gas amounts from Jordan, that supplies 97% of Jordanian needs for electricity, they rose the prices of the gas (although this is against the agreement) and we accepted, but nevertheless they continued the cut off. They intended by doing this to pressure Jordan to offer concessions to the Jordanian MB branch through undemocratic ways and against most Jordanians will. After 1 year of gas cut off with billions of dollars in losses, Jordan decided to start expelling some of 700 thousand Egyptians in Jordan, and before this decision takes place, Egyptian PM came to Jordan in hurry and agreed on resupplying Jordan with the contracted gas amounts, the hard way..

Why not take another supplier?
Im sure the Gulf states would be happy to jump in.
The king shouldnt take that,and why are there so many Egyptians in Jordan?
Well in the future you will have your own shale oil so no need to buy anymore,

I am suggesting was it a deliberate International attempt to destabilize Turkey and Egypt like Syria is self destructing

Its very disturbing to see two stable democracies being - targeted in span of few weeks

Almost feels like it was coordinated by same groups

Egypt is lucky enough to have a restart

If you consider coup as a blank page, each of those fresh restarts lead them to a few decades ago, my friend.

If you consider coup as a blank page, each of those fresh restarts lead them to a few decades ago, my friend.

I said it in the sense of: make the best out of it.

It could have been a blank page until the Muslim Brotherhood decided to turn violent instead of staying silent and get their revenge on the ballot. They're showing their undemocratic and violent nature right now in the streets of Egypt. The army made mistakes too.

I believe that a clean neat coup can be somewhat like a fresh start but in most cases is not.

My advice:
Don't vote Muslim Brotherhood, you have been Muslims before them and you will be Muslims when they're gone. People don't need political Islam to be Muslims.

People don't need political Islam to be Muslims.

Agreed on that part. What I am afraid of is Egypt to become "coup-colic" nation. So many different players in the arena so you know what I mean, I just gave up counting how many times they have fulled with people the Tahrir square, once they have seen that it works and keep doing again and again, seems it has no end and no political solution. This morning army fired on its own citizens and dozens of people died and bad part is that it wasn't a Twitter disinformation. This is how to weaken a country.

No, Sir.. But reality comes from facts. Turkey will remain secular.
Then what's with the alcohol ban?

in Egypt people wanted to change some things, they rioted and rioted until they could take Mobarek down, Morsi didn't give them what they wanted so they started rioting again. Armed forces only worked as a catalyzer.

"Democratically elected" doesn't mean sh*t unless the leader is willing to rule&govern democratically.

Fvck morsi, he doesn't own Egypt, I only wish for the next Egyptian president to give people what they want.

The problem in Muslim countries is, they have no strong civil society. They know what they not want, but not know what they want. That's the reason why they need a strong leader, who tell their, what they need.

Why not take another supplier?
Im sure the Gulf states would be happy to jump in.
The king shouldnt take that,and why are there so many Egyptians in Jordan?
Well in the future you will have your own shale oil so no need to buy anymore,
Only Qatar has surplus gas to export in the GCC, however, they are pro-MB and Jordanian relations with them weren't good. pls, their gas is more expensive, and Jordan doesn't have the installations to receive this kind of gas through sea.

The 700k Egyptians in Jordan are workers. We have learned our lesson the hard way, Jordan is going to diversify it's energy supplies, by nuclear power, oil shale, solar, and import gas and oil through Iraqi pipeline which Jordan and Iraq are going to set up to export Iraqi oil through Aqaba sea-port. They will not repeat the Egyptian mistake as they will take losses much more than Jordan.

Its very easy,democraticly elected both;
Why try to change it into something else after winning the elections?
Erdogan wants Turkey to be an islamic state instead of the current secular state.
Morsi tried the same but the armed forces prevented that.
A coup in Turkey is impossible because the government controlls the armed forces,thats why people took to the streets.

Mate you should visit Afghanistan and saudi arabia before calling erdogan islamist. Anyways both turkey and egypt have different dynamics. Turkey has been a democracy for a very long time now whereas Egypt was never even given a chance.

Mate you should visit Afghanistan and saudi arabia before calling erdogan islamist. Anyways both turkey and egypt have different dynamics. Turkey has been a democracy for a very long time now whereas Egypt was never even given a chance.
Evry little step into the Islamist direction is for us Turks a big step towards becoming an islamist state,therefor it is natural for us to think of Erdogan as an islamist.
As you said we are a democracy,so no changing our values rights and freedom.
About Morsi,he tried to do what Erdogan did(in 12 years) in one year.
MB,AKP think that if you win the elections you can do whatever you want.
Well,we have seen what happens if you try.

Evry little step into the Islamist direction is for us Turks a big step towards becoming an islamist state,therefor it is natural for us to think of Erdogan as an islamist.
As you said we are a democracy,so no changing our values rights and freedom.
About Morsi,he tried to do what Erdogan did(in 12 years) in one year.
MB,AKP think that if you win the elections you can do whatever you want.
Well,we have seen what happens if you try.

Democratic way for change is the best way so if you think Erdogan is not good enough or not popular then vote against him in next elections. Military coups are always counter productive.

Death toll from Cairo clashes rises to 51: Officials​

rahimi20130708160113607.jpg

An injured pro-Morsi protester is carried away from the deadly clashes in Cairo, Egypt. (File photo)​

Egypt's emergency services say the death toll from the army’s Monday attack on supporters of the ousted president, Mohamed Morsi, in the capital, Cairo, has risen to 51.

Egypt’s Health Ministry and emergency services said on Monday that more than 50 people had been killed during the clashes between the army and Morsi supporters outside the Republican Guard barracks in Cairo.

The death toll rose to 51 after several people succumbed to their injuries at hospitals across the restive city.

Medical sources said the death toll is expected to rise as some of the injured are reported to be in critical condition.

The development came after the army opened fire on supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood in Cairo, prompting the Brotherhood to call for an uprising against the military.

The army says it confronted a group of armed men who were trying to enter the building. An army spokesman also noted that a soldier and a police officer have been shot dead in the attack.

The Brotherhood leaders and field doctors, however, reject the claim, saying that troops tried to break a sit-in by supporters of ousted president, Mohamed Morsi, while they were preparing for prayers.

Doctors describe the incident as a massacre and say children are among the dead.

Meanwhile, the interim administration has expressed deep regret for those killed in the incident and said it has formed a judicial committee to investigate the event.

Outside Egypt, Turkey, the European Union, Qatar and Palestinian resistance movement, Hamas, have all condemned the incident.

Egypt has been the scene of rival rallies and clashes between thousands of supporters and opponents of the ousted president as political turmoil escalates in the North African country.

Morsi was unseated on July 3, and the Chief Justice of Egypt’s Supreme Constitutional Court, Adly Mansour, was sworn in as interim president of Egypt on July 4.

Morsi is reportedly being held “preventively” by the military. Senior army officials say he might face formal charges over accusations made by his opponents.

Several arrest warrants have been issued for the members of Muslim Brotherhood. Egyptian troops and security forces have recently expanded their roundup of top political figures from Muslim Brotherhood that had fielded Morsi for office.

SOURCE:

PressTV - Death toll from Cairo clashes rises to 51: Officials

Democracy without a constitution that guarantee and protect human rights, freedom, and equality is like putting a sheep with with four wolves in one room and taking votes which one should be eaten. I don't expect islamists to understand that, since they have no respect whatsoever to human rights, women rights, and freedom of expression and belief, but you know what guys ?!! We need to move forward, and you guys need to catch up; its up to you.

Democratic way for change is the best way so if you think Erdogan is not good enough or not popular then vote against him in next elections. Military coups are always counter productive.
In a country where 50% of the people dont know the meaning of democracy you cant win in a democratic way.
You can still ''buy'' votes,if the father votes a way the whole familly votes that way,people vote the way the village elder votes.
All these people make allmost 50% of the population,they just dont know better.
Now you tell me,how you gonna win the election?
Btw,the opposition is devided and no real leader.

Back
Top Bottom