What's new

Pakistan's Shan Spices taste success in India

Whenever i bought Shaan I have to go back and exchange it with National, I guess as per my wife national is better

MDH or other indian brands make generic maslas not dish based ones.
Shan ke generic bhi aate hein.. Garam masala, zeera powder, dhania powder etc.. Have seen them in Indian stores but most of the time buy Indian masalas when it come to generic kitchen masalas.. Also, I am not a big fan of making dishes using these packed mixtures and the specified recipe.. Somehow, It never comes out as good in taste as if in case you are preparing same dish using fresh masalas and your experience in cooking..

Am i the only one who thinks National food masala's are better than sahan :p
Shan ke masala bohat spicy hote hen pura munh jal jata hai :D

Only for some dishes....for example the Chicken Hara Hyderabadi is not available from Shan, but from National....and if you follow the recipe fully, it is an outstanding dish!!!

Mirin this 10 pager on Shan masala! Practically every major grocery store in Canada carries it, definitely every desi grocery store.... This is the first I've heard of everest though, cheesy and awesome though their TV ads are....

Meanwhile, the folks at Shan advertising, not to be outdone:

Shan Foods Fish masala TVC:

Shan Rice Masala:

Shan Chaat Masala:

Notice they're going for the warm and fuzzy feeling to get you in the mood... And then pulling out all the stops for their magnum opus, 5 senses:

5 senses:

Enjoy.

Shan's Biryani masala is the most famous here in UK Asian stores.

Do you get the Sindhi Biryani Masala? That one beats the regular by a mile!

it is the best out of all the biryani versions
I recently brought an assortment of various spices from Shaan. They are different from Indian spices. India do not have variety of non veg spices, its either meat masala or chicken masala. No subtle variations according to the types of dishes.

Kaash ye masale yahan aasani se dastiyaab hote...
wha! you speak good urdu

Shan ke generic bhi aate hein.. Garam masala, zeera powder, dhania powder etc.. Have seen them in Indian stores but most of the time buy Indian masalas when it come to generic kitchen masalas.. Also, I am not a big fan of making dishes using these packed mixtures and the specified recipe.. Somehow, It never comes out as good in taste as if in case you are preparing same dish using fresh masalas and your experience in cooking..
thats true. But preparing fresh masala for each dish is time consuming and requires lot of knowledge and practice.

Lazy.

Best Kheer is made directly from rice,
not with ready made mixes

Tu hydrabadi hai kya ?

I am from Kerala, and Shan is not sold here in my place.

Need to get out of a Panchayat Town.....:rofl:

Hindutvavadis won't allow me, come liberate us please!

Not really...
Time to show the folks some of our stuff:butcher::guns:

DSC03281__59253.1411287235.1280.1280.JPG

nir%20biryani%20msl-600x600.jpg

eastern.jpg

Nirapara-Fish-masla-500x500.gif

nirapara_puttu_podi_1000g.jpg

big1_Nirapara%20Ari%20Podi_20140722020731.JPG

@acetophenol I wanted to post some pics, thanks for posting.... spices and masala? We Mallu's rocks!!!! Nothing can beat us :p

We Mallus and our spices were the reason Vasco De Gama came in search of India and Columbus discovered America!!

Shaan masalas are usually dish specific and is meant for the kitchen noobs. Our masalas are too hot and are meant to be used by actual cooks in variable quantities to make different dishes. The net result is some amazing non-veg Kerala dishes that is renowned all over!

We Mallus and our spices were the reason Vasco De Gama came in search of India and Columbus discovered America!!

Shaan masalas are usually dish specific and is meant for the kitchen noobs. Our masalas are too hot and are meant to be used by actual cooks in variable quantities to make different dishes. The net result is some amazing non-veg Kerala dishes that is renowned all over!

And There's nothing like Shan masala to boost the confidence of kitchen noobs and or get our wives into cooking...

"This Nihari is awesome baby! Good job "

"it's not from scratch or anything.... "

She replies, unable to take full credit for the passable facsimile of the genuine article that she's made. The flame of competitiveness has been lit. Next time, it will be different. It may actually taste worse, but she'll try to make it from scratch.

All because of an innocuous packet of instant spice mix.

Smart thinking. This way you will always enjoy your creamy qorma.. :-)
And There's nothing like Shan masala to boost the confidence of kitchen noobs and or get our wives into cooking...

"This Nihari is awesome baby! Good job "

"it's not from scratch or anything.... "

She replies, unable to take full credit for the passable facsimile of the genuine article that she's made. The flame of competitiveness has been lit. Next time, it will be different. It may actually taste worse, but she'll try to make it from scratch.

All because of an innocuous packet of instant spice mix.

yeah they have become huge long ago and beat all counterparts like National, Ahmad, Mehran etc......my mom always buy 10 to 15 diff shan masalas in monthly grocery :D my fav is red chicken (Tandori Chicken) wow its so yummy...

Back
Top Bottom