What's new

Pakistan's progress in cricket World Cup 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Asim right now whole of India wants shoaib to play the match because we are damn confident that he will get a thrashing send off ..... gone are the days when Indian batsmen were nervy on pace.... The present team India dont fear pace... u can only beat us with good cricket ... if ur team tries to intimidate our team u will loose it

The last time he played against India in Mohali he took 3 wickets for 42 runs in 10 overs. Not bad haan. And that Indian team included most of the batsmen of present Indian team.;)

Is Sohaib still bowling fast like he use to do in young age, he should be 37 or 38 right.

2 reasons to put Shoaib in the team instead of Wahab riaz.

1-He's right arm fast ,while Wahab is a left armer and Indian team is used to play left armers during practice sessions so it will be naturally easy for them to face Wahab.
2- Wahab hasn't got an express pace and lacks in experience and varieties no,No incomming deliveries just an out going natural angle against the right handed batsmen.

(Plus it'll be a final contest between Shoaib and Sachin........and who wants Shoaib out of the playing 11?....No one.)

Agreed.

2 reasons to have Wahab riaz in the team.

1-He's a better batsman and fielder as compared to Shoaib Akhtar.
2-After announcement of his retirement soon after the match against NZ ,he may not be in that touch or zeal as before.

1 He is a better batsman and a fielder than Shoaib but again we have enough batsman in our team and we need some one who can take quick wickets to out Indians under pressure. Wahab Riaz lacks this ability and that too against a team Like Bharat.

2 I don't think so he would lack zeal and enthusiasm. The guy also knows this is his last tournament and wants to prove himself just before he quits international Cricket. He wants to end his career at a positive note and want's to do something big for Pakistan team. And what better chance than playing against Bharat in a WC semi final. I hope he would be all fired up give a blast in this match. Obviously team management and coach would have to encourage him to boost his confidence.

Lastly the decision should be made according to Mohali's pitch condition,if it's a muddy track,putting shoaib in will only make it easier for the Indian batsmen.The ball will come on the bat nicely and stroke playing will be easy.There you need Wahab Riaz who can keep it nice and tight with in the wickets.

But if it's a hard,bouncy track with some grass (or overcast conditions) ,Shoaib is the best choice available

Yup that's interesting. It would be the pitch that might be the deciding factor in Shoaib's selection. I personally want him to play this match. He has the spark to do something big and I hope he will.:)

Dear Asim right now whole of India wants shoaib to play the match because we are damn confident that he will get a thrashing send off ..... gone are the days when Indian batsmen were nervy on pace.... The present team India dont fear pace... u can only beat us with good cricket ... if ur team tries to intimidate our team u will loose it

lol ya we saw how Raina was playing against Australia and that too on dead pitch. Btw how did Sehwag got out ?

So on ur so called dead wickets will he swing the balll??? or will the ball swing off the bat of sehwag and sachin??:lol:

Do u know what reverse swing is ??? And we are talking about fast bowling not swing bowlers.... Dont compare to Indian " FASTTTTTTTTTTTT BOWLERS". Talking about real fast bowlers....

terming medium pacers as "fast bowlers" is is a great dishonor to fast bowlers. :)

Come on pakistan shut up these indian actors and their media .

Last edited by a moderator:
india have medium pace bowlers .. i think Afridi can be effective against them ,he should open ..

I wonder why every panelists on debate saying that India will be under pressure due to home crowd?

I wonder why every panelists on debate saying that India will be under pressure due to home crowd?

q k jaab haare ge tu bottlain pade ge :cheesy::laugh:, baiste k khoof, aur salary kam ho jaane ka khoof :laugh: yuvraj will be like :what:, the face he makes after trouble :lol:

yuvraj.jpg

To ne phir pukara han farzandan e Islam ko rohe "Ghaznavi"

Tere MUJAHID botparoston se phir takarane ko betab hain

I have done an honest analysis of the match,wanted to post it in the match thread but since it has been closed so here it is.

1. India will be under more pressure than Pakistan because,
a) They will be playing in front of their own crowd which is positive as well as negative with added pressure of performing.
b) Pakistan have already exceeded expectations reaching the semi's while India are expected to win the world cup, so the pressure to meet expectations will be on India.
2. Pakistan's strong point is their spin bowling while India's strong point is their batting who are very good exponents of spin thus negating the edge that Pakistan has.
3. Pakistan's batting is likely to collapse if they lose quick wickets while India has strong lower middle order with players like Yuvraj and Raina who can
steady the ship even if they lose quick wickets.
4. If Zahir Khan and Harbhajan go for runs India do not have too many alternate options while the Pakistani attack has all types of variations they can use.
Also India only plays with 4 regular bowlers with Yuvraj filling in as the fifth, and if he goes for runs India will be in trouble.
5. As usual in India/Pakistan matches, form and past record is irrelevant and the team that holds it nerve wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom