What's new

Pakistan's progress in cricket World Cup 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
with their bowling - check the bowling stats!;)
india was supposed to 'sweep' the WC with their batting but what happened!?

Following are the bowling stats........captain is on the top.Still couple of matches to go.

Highest-MostWickettakerinICCCricketWorldCup2011-PlayerRankingsStats.jpg

Recently i've checked ,Umer gul was on No. 3 with better economy.

If Pakistan has to Play Australia in the next match then spin power should be kept but against India Pakistan should bring in another pacer like Shoaib as India plays spin well.

pakistan is doing great so far ..they dont need to be over excited or over confidence if they are really willing to win rest two matches :)

pakistan is doing great so far ..they dont need to be over excited or over confidence if they are really willing to win rest two matches :)
After the revenge against WI ,now we are going to take the revenge of Aussies defeat :lol:, so that they don't feel that bad.Punter said Pakistan can lose the match. It looks like he was way more hopeless and dejected after his loss.

For the Pakistan team, the hardest battle is of the mind

afridi-in-the-rain-640x480.jpg

After a hard fight, against all odds, a win can take you to cloud nine.

As any die hard Pakistan supporter can attest to, sport can be full of hope one week and result in complete misery and disarray the next.

It can be a cruel business. After a hard fight, against all odds, a win can take you to cloud nine and a feeling of being invincible can follow. You get on the team bus and Pehli Nazar Mein (my favourite song) is playing at full volume.

But before you know it, a few days later this feeling is followed by a swift kick to the stomach that makes all air leave your body and you feel you may never breathe again. You want to shrivel up and die.

One of my good rugby friends, who is still playing in Australia, wrote an article discussing how his team scored one of those against-all-the-odds wins. Then, the next week at their team meeting the players discussed the win and the upcoming game.

One of the experienced players quoted the great philosopher Confuscious, “The man who chases two rabbits, catches neither.” Maybe the guys were already looking at the future and thinking of winning the next game! Maybe, but I would doubt it.

I just think that this is such a useful phrase for our boys. With such a great start to the tournament, perhaps the boys needed to regroup and start the tournament again. The psychological battle is the biggest battle Pakistan cricketers face.

When we toured India in 2007 during the One-Day International series, we needed to win the last game for a respectable scoreline of 3-2 rather than 4-1.

During our innings, a wicket fell and as the next batsman walked in, I noticed that we had two batsmen who were not known for their academic prowess. I sat laughing and suggested to the manager that these two may as well stand at the same end together.

The psychological part was something I had hoped that we would work on during our training sessions together.

In the case of the New Zealand game it seemed that there was indeed a lack of execution. Perhaps a series win only a few months earlier was playing on their minds. Maybe they were already thinking ahead.

Having been with the team for so long, and having seen the good job Waqar Younis is doing with the side, I doubt it. What I do know is that the great Younis will not let it happen a second time. It just takes a moment to stop, reboot the brain and start all over again.

The older players are not the sort of players who take a beating like they did against New Zealand lightly. Shahid Afridi is a proud and competitive player who hates losing. Shoaib Akhtar and Abdul Razzaq are players who will want to prove a point. All it takes is a moment to step back, take a deep breath and start thinking and executing again.

For the Pakistan team, the hardest battle is of the mind – The Express Tribune Blog

Hafeez
Akmal
Shafiq
Younis
Misbah
Umar
Afridi
Razzaq
Gul
Akhtar
Ajmal

My team for the Semi Final. Just one change Shoaib in place of Wahab Riaz. :)

indians play spinners better, its better if we include more pace and its better if we play junaid khan along

indians play spinners better, its better if we include more pace and its better if we play junaid khan along

Did u forget that Sehwag and Tendulkar tore steyn and morkel apart this WC .... ??? just we din finish well in the match so we lost... and what pace did against India in Yest match against Aussie.... the best pace attack

Hafeez
Akmal
Shafiq
Younis
Misbah
Umar
Afridi
Razzaq
Gul
Akhtar
Ajmal

My team for the Semi Final. Just one change Shoaib in place of Wahab Riaz. :)

2 reasons to put Shoaib in the team instead of Wahab riaz.

1-He's right arm fast ,while Wahab is a left armer and Indian team is used to play left armers during practice sessions so it will be naturally easy for them to face Wahab.
2- Wahab hasn't got an express pace and lacks in experience and varieties no,No incomming deliveries just an out going natural angle against the right handed batsmen.

(Plus it'll be a final contest between Shoaib and Sachin........and who wants Shoaib out of the playing 11?....No one.)

2 reasons to have Wahab riaz in the team.

1-He's a better batsman and fielder as compared to Shoaib Akhtar.
2-After announcement of his retirement soon after the match against NZ ,he may not be in that touch or zeal as before.

Lastly the decision should be made according to Mohali's pitch condition,if it's a muddy track,putting shoaib in will only make it easier for the Indian batsmen.The ball will come on the bat nicely and stroke playing will be easy.There you need Wahab Riaz who can keep it nice and tight with in the wickets.

But if it's a hard,bouncy track with some grass (or overcast conditions) ,Shoaib is the best choice available.

The Canadian Press: Imran Khan wants Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar to face India in World Cup semifinal

DHAKA, Bangladesh — Former Pakistan captain Imran Khan wants to see fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar restored to the Pakistan team if it plays India in the World Cup semifinals.

Akhtar hasn't played since the defeat by New Zealand midway through the group stage and has since announced he will end his 14-year international career following the tournament.

Khan said in Thurday's edition of the Urdu language newspaper Daily Express that the 35-year-old Akhtar "should get a chance and share the new ball with Umar Gul" if India beats Australia on Thursday and sets up a semifinal against Pakistan.

Pakistan has won all its games since Akhtar was dropped, culminating in Wednesday's 10-wicket victory over West Indies in the quarterfinal.

I think same formula of three fast bowlers (2 fast and one Razzaq :P) and 3 spinners (2 spinners and an Afridi), make us the perfect spin/fast combo needed. Shoaib can surprise Sehwag with a quick bouncer and entice him to give one of his poor pulls for a top edge easy catch.

The Canadian Press: Imran Khan wants Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar to face India in World Cup semifinal

I think same formula of three fast bowlers (2 fast and one Razzaq :P) and 3 spinners (2 spinners and an Afridi), make us the perfect spin/fast combo needed. Shoaib can surprise Sehwag with a quick bouncer and entice him to give one of his poor pulls for a top edge easy catch.

Dear Asim right now whole of India wants shoaib to play the match because we are damn confident that he will get a thrashing send off ..... gone are the days when Indian batsmen were nervy on pace.... The present team India dont fear pace... u can only beat us with good cricket ... if ur team tries to intimidate our team u will loose it

Dear Asim right now whole of India wants shoaib to play the match because we are damn confident that he will get a thrashing send off ..... gone are the days when Indian batsmen were nervy on pace.... The present team India dont fear pace... u can only beat us with good cricket ... if ur team tries to intimidate our team u will loose it

Playing on dead Indian wickets and saying you don't fear pace isn't the most inspiring thing. Anyway, the reason to include Shoaib is more for his swinging ability than his pace when compared to Wahab Riaz.

Playing on dead Indian wickets and saying you don't fear pace isn't the most inspiring thing. Anyway, the reason to include Shoaib is more for his swinging ability than his pace when compared to Wahab Riaz.

So on ur so called dead wickets will he swing the balll??? or will the ball swing off the bat of sehwag and sachin??:lol:

And India toured Pakistan in 2004 when shoaib was more fitter then now... u had better pace attack then what hapened??? Sehwag ended one saqlain mustak carrer if i remember well

Did u forget that Sehwag and Tendulkar tore steyn and morkel apart this WC .... ??? just we din finish well in the match so we lost... and what pace did against India in Yest match against Aussie.... the best pace attack

it depends if one's team is attacking or not... on its day aussies could attack like hell, in pak match they did, in india match they didnt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom