What's new

Pakistan's PM Imran Khan admit discrimination was the cause of Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its basically a religion for you...hope (as you perceive it some way) is a powerful thing after all....

Its more likely that he is a BCL (chatra league) cadre residing is UK. so for all intents and purposes, its pretty much his job to do so (praise the government), regardless of whether they do right or wrong.

Its more likely that he is a BCL (chatra league) cadre residing is UK. so for all intents and purposes, its pretty much his job to do so (praise the government), regardless of whether they do right or wrong.

I dont think he is BCL tbh...because he has spoken in more neutral guarded terms regarding BNP (i.e they would be ok if certain this and that was done "better" etc)...ukbengali is somewhat unique guy here...but he has to believe in certain ultimate destiny things a bit too much "all in or bust" for whatever reason...and it spillsover a bit too ridiculously sometimes.

With people I find...esp after certain age, you either have nuance/tempering (even for the things you hold the most dear)....or you dont. It depends on personality of the person in the end I guess.

I dont think he is BCL tbh...because he has spoken in more neutral guarded terms regarding BNP (i.e they would be ok if certain this and that was done "better" etc)...ukbengali is somewhat unique guy here...but he has to believe in certain ultimate destiny things a bit too much "all in or bust" for whatever reason...and it spillsover a bit too ridiculously sometimes.

With people I find...esp after certain age, you either have nuance/tempering (even for the things you hold the most dear)....or you dont. It depends on personality of the person in the end I guess.

This is news to me, but the way he shills for BAL, he gives off the impression similar to a BCL cadre.
I could be wrong maybe he genuinely likes them, for what reason i wouldn't know.
In the end be it BNP or BAL, BD is developing inspite of them, not bevause of them. We only have ourselves (and our cheap labour) to thank for that, not anh particular regime.
Ps: sorry for the somewhat rant-ish nature of the post :whistle:

Pakistan did apologize in 1974 and in return Bangladesh dropped charges of war crimes against 195 Pakistani prisoners.

https://www.nytimes.com/1974/04/11/...o-bangladesh-accord-of-foreign-ministers.html

Pakistan Offers Apology to Bangladesh

The delicate face‐saving compromise was worked out after five days of talks Essentially, Pakistan and Bangladesh gained what they wanted: Pakistan will receive all her prisoners held in captivity since the was including the 195 men Bangladesh wanted to place on trial for murder and rape. Bangladesh, which agreed to drop the trials, earned a public apology, a veiled acknowledgment by Pakistan that some of hers troops had been recklessly violent.

Wow. Powerful stuff. Incredible how RAW affected the situation and totally outflanked the ISI, that was so active in the north-east already.

Just curiousity: when was RAW founded? Arseholes who do conspiracy theories on their own conspiracy theories may sit this one out.

Dada RAW was formed on September 21, 1968 by Rameshwar Nath Kao, A Kashmiri Pandit by birth. Immediately before the 1971 freedom struggle in Bangladesh. Needless to say, RAW was very active in Bangladesh in 1971.

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

You may want to purchase or borrow the following title, it is quite a fascinating read,

th_c1p263.gif

Here's a review,

https://winnowed.blogspot.com/2013/03/book-review-kaoboys-of-r-down-memory.html

This is news to me, but the way he shills for BAL, he gives off the impression similar to a BCL cadre.
I could be wrong maybe he genuinely likes them, for what reason i wouldn't know.
In the end be it BNP or BAL, BD is developing inspite of them, not bevause of them. We only have ourselves (and our cheap labour) to thank for that, not anh particular regime.
Ps: sorry for the somewhat rant-ish nature of the post :whistle:

He just has very skewed priority on what country should have for "development/growth/progress/strength/respect/whathaveyou"..and if something fits that basic mould (stability-stronk)...the details of what the ingredients are (that obv ppl like you can sense importance of) dont matter anymore.

And you never have to apologize for a "rant" lol (Esp to me of all ppl, a professional balladeer)....just 4 lines or so you type....thats nowhere near a rant lol.

Sir, do Indians read their own history?
we are the same stock after all

LOL.

Very well played, and thank you for reminding me: Iss hammam may hum sab..er...ek saath hain.

You are an exception, sir
I like to read your posts
but don't engage usually
as I find your views neutral and balanced mostly

I've been saying for some time, and nobody listens: Nilgiri is an Anglo-Saxon Conservative. I don't know why he enters social and political discussions relating to South Asia. It looks like somebody wearing a DJ at a village feast attended by lungi-clad yokels. His views are perfectly consistent with his present milieu, and seem incongruous to me - sometimes - in our local circumstances.

Disclaimer: I wear trousers and shorts, sometimes Aligarhis, seldom any other nether-wear.

Dada RAW was formed on September 21, 1968 by Rameshwar Nath Kao, A Kashmiri Pandit by birth. Immediately before the 1971 freedom struggle in Bangladesh. Needless to say, RAW was very active in Bangladesh in 1971.

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

You may want to purchase or borrow the following title, it is quite a fascinating read,

th_c1p263.gif

Here's a review,

https://winnowed.blogspot.com/2013/03/book-review-kaoboys-of-r-down-memory.html

I was hoping nobody would cite this, but it was inevitable. Why I didn't want this to be cited was because like most of Raman's hagiography, as the reviewer himself pointed out, was just that, a hagiography, and considerably exaggerated the activities, the effectiveness and the role of R&AW. For instance, in the Bangladesh conflict, the liaison with the political leadership, after Mujib was arrested, and survivors of 'Searchlight' fled, was done by the MEA; the Home Ministry played a service role. The entire training of the Mukti Bahini was done by the Indian Army, in training areas on the border, some within Bangladesh itself. In contrast, the entire responsibility for interacting with the Naga militants and with the Mizos, most particularly the Mizos, was with ISI; from all accounts, the ISI took the decisions, if particular programmes had to be carried out - arms training, infantry tactical training, logistical support outside the Chittagong Hill Tracts - it was handed over to the regulars.

The following section is entirely based on hearsay; the sources include a former Cabinet Minister in the Government of India.

As for R&AW's role within Bangladesh, the Mukti Bahini rejected any intermediation; Tiger Siddiqi was a prime example, who allowed nobody to come in between him and the personnel of the Indian Army located across the border, to the extent that the top leadership of the Mukti Bahini thought of him on occasion a loose cannon. Shabeg Singh, then a young and active Major, was one of the few regular officers who moved across the border at will, working closely with the Bangladeshi cadres in that zone, with strict orders never to be found firing a weapon (whether he complied with this or not is left to hearsay, and his own account, which is that he played it by the book).

My question was rhetorical, and I am rueful that someone attentive and alert, such as you, picked up on it. The point I was trying to make, and that is now debatable, thanks to your direct response, is that R&AW were still trying to figure out what to do to gather intelligence abroad, amongst our hostile neighbours, when ISI was capable of giving it a Master Class.

Nilgiri is an Anglo-Saxon Conservative.

Not really...bit (maybe lot) more to it than that....but yes heavily influenced by certain ideals espoused over here as you well know.

I grew up, in my formative years, always as someone that "didn't fit" in with the (confucian-taoist-buddhist-atheist-partially anglicized but still heavily sinicized) majority of where I was in all kind of ways (ethnic, religion, diet, language, demeanour what have you). Then when I visit back to the home culture....I never fit in there that much either (in some ways lot less). So looking back, I guess this must have had some effect on my core "lone wolf" psyche. When I finally did land on the shores of North America (first as a visit, and then much later as a home)....my eyes were opened truly to the frontier that I only dreamt of earlier (just the way people go about handling themselves on day to day stuff - so different from anywhere I had known till then)....there was real volume, space and scope for freedom....BUT I cannot ever forget where I come from, why I am here and where my DNA/heart/blood/colour comes from. There are much more eloquent answers for some of the deepest questions I have... given by my culture, and not the one found anywhere else (as much as those gesticulate and try)....everything else can layer itself around that as it wants to...but that core will remain sacrosanct to me....especially as I see the very conservatism I grew fond of....start to recede and atrophy here too (under sustained attack by certain nefarious and insidious forces)....and thus my core identity becomes every more important and relevant for the fight back sustaining itself now....to show ideas and truths transcend just about everything physically "different" there can be.

I don't know why he enters social and political discussions relating to South Asia.

Mind is one thing....but the heart is something else...I should know better maybe....but I cannot ignore how I feel. I suspect my heart will always win this battle with the mind to the end....and probably the mind just becomes accustomed to that inevitability and helps the best it can with the circumstances.

It looks like somebody wearing a DJ at a village feast attended by lungi-clad yokels. His views are perfectly consistent with his present milieu, and seem incongruous to me - sometimes - in our local circumstances.

It is only going to increase with time as India is way too large to simply churn and stew inside its own borders and have only some static cacophony of internalised answers and acceptable fusions...alongside norms and thought processes of the current day. No...I say it loud and clear..NO!.....it will (and already is) export and import (and re-import and re-export) far beyond its borders like it always has....and rejuvenate and replenish accordingly as it rises. I have already seen far stranger things taking shape in India (on the ground literally as I watched in shocked bemusement) than the amusing contrast you paint :P...and it is just the faint, distant shoreline of an unexplored continent of possibility that is coming into view...so just you watch my venerable friend, just you watch.

@hellfire @Skull and Bones @Roybot @MilSpec @Indus Pakistan @OsmanAli98 @django @Zibago @Hell hound @Desert Fox @I.R.A @Jungibaaz @Chak Bamu @Oscar @GeraltofRivia @VCheng @PaklovesTurkiye @Chinese-Dragon

@Nilgiri

Can you stop posting bouncer's (in initial glance) early in the morning for the time zone us mere mortals live in? And then tagging me? I have to spend time in understanding nuanced conversation this early:lol:

@Nilgiri

Can you stop posting bouncer's (in initial glance) early in the morning for the time zone us mere mortals live in? And then tagging me? I have to spend time in understanding nuanced conversation this early:lol:

LOL...well scuuuuuuuuuuuuse me....I forget time zones. I make a note (with link of post) in a seperate word doc I have for such eventualities on my end (i.e stuff I'd rather care to answer/comment later)...dunno if it will help for you :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom