What's new

Pakistanis must apologise to Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
No where in Hamid Mir's article has said that "Pakistanis must apologise to Bangladesh". Then why the thread heading is like that? What can BD do if PK will not apologise officially?

* Question with due respect to both BD and PK.

The leadership of both nations should get together and offer a joint apology to the peoples of both nations, and put this matter behind them.

Perhaps convene a session of parliament at the same time in both Bangladesh and Pakistan and have both pass resolutions offering regrets for whatever atrocities may have been committed by their side in 1971, put the matter to rest once and for all and move on with building a stronger bilateral relationship.

Jana Gana Mana was was composed in December 1911, way before the partition and when Pakistan and Bangladesh were a part of India. That is why there is reference to the general area of sindh in the anthem. Tagore did not forecast that India would be split before he wrote this so there is nothing poor or sinister about the Anthem. Please refrain from criticizing someone's national anthem.

There is nothing sinister in the fact that Tagore composed it the way he did, but if the statements made with respect to Sindh are correct, then the Indian national anthem does portray regions that are not part of India, as being part of India.

Why shouldn't Pakistanis be critical of that aspect of the national anthem? The Indian legislature could remove just that one word.

Of course, like I said, I do not know if there actually is territory in India that used to be called Sindh, in which case keeping the word in the anthem makes sense.

Perhaps our resident Indian historian Toxic_Pus can elaborate.

Sorry, I dont want to make it whose National anthem is what but I could not resist as I found it in poor taste for my national anthem too..

The Indian National Anthem which you are mentioning is written in 1911 but what about Pakistani National Anthem, for which Quaid-e-Azam need to ask Hindu writer "Jagannath Azad" to write a Qaumi Tarana for a Muslim state.. isn't it strange that he wants a separate state from Hindus, building an Islamic Republic and asking a Hindu to write national anthem..... Strange... very strange..isn't it? :what::what:
Pakistan was conceived as a homeland for the Muslims of South Asia, not as a homeland that excluded Hindus.

"You are free; you are free to go to your temples, you are free to go to your mosques or to any other place or worship in this State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion or caste or creed that has nothing to do with the business of the State."

- Mr. Jinnah's presidential address to the Constituent Assembly of Pakistan
August 11, 1947

The leadership of both nations should get together and offer a joint apology to the peoples of both nations, and put this matter behind them.

But the question is why will BD say sorry/apology to PK since all most all BD people know that only PK is only guilty according to one sided history. PK needs to reveal out BD's fault if we have. Otherwise, max BP people will not agree to say sorry to PK because of other unknown histories.

But the question is why will BD say sorry/apology to PK since all most all BD people know that only PK is only guilty according to one sided history. PK needs to reveal out BD's fault if we have. Otherwise, max BP people will not agree to say sorry to PK because of other unknown histories.

revealed???, buddy even bengalis know that, what is to be revealed, the killings the mukti bahini?? is something hidden??, not known by people???, my family lived in east pakistan and they are witness to the horrific scenes, the innocent lives wasted, like my grand father, who didnt manage out of east pakistan because he was killed by your so called freedom fighters, this is the height of ignorance. only because these non bengali people used to form the better educated middle class of dhaka, chittagong etc and used to have bengali servants and were better settled than bengalis themselves????

how many bengali people who didnt want partition were silenced by killings and murders. yes indeed you people are feed one side of story, false stories of rape and murder made up by your mujeeb party and indians.

I am sure there are more real & pressing issues at hand....................
Does remind me of a BDeshi ( a young person) not too long ago who said that if some Pakistani wanted to be his friend would have to first apologize!
seriously

revealed???, buddy even bengalis know that, what is to be revealed, the killings the mukti bahini?? is something hidden??, not known by people???, my family lived in east pakistan and they are witness to the horrific scenes, the innocent lives wasted, like my grand father, who didnt manage out of east pakistan because he was killed by your so called freedom fighters, this is the height of ignorance. only because these non bengali people used to form the better educated middle class of dhaka, chittagong etc and used to have bengali servants and were better settled than bengalis themselves????

how many bengali people who didnt want partition were silenced by killings and murders. yes indeed you people are feed one side of story, false stories of rape and murder made up by your mujeeb party and indians.

^ uffffff. I'm tired of this topic. Leave it guys.

BTW, instead of telling me these, PK should say these to BD people through media or else to clear the obsessions. I know that there were few mistakes from BD too.

^
Look at the above thread too as I got it at PDF.

Last edited:
I think that there is a difference between the partition of the subcontinent in 1947 and the partition of Pakistan in 1971. In 1947 there was little in the way of a 'national identity' or a 'nation', so I would argue that it was far easier for most people to adjust to the idea of two separate nations.

I completely disagree with the above view.....

Partition was such a traumatic gesture for people on both sides because the land belonged to our forefathers for centuries if not more who lived side by side irrespective of religion.....to give up ones house, land, friends and move purely for the sake of a political movement is not as palatable as you make it out to be......
Probably why it resulted in so much bloodshed.....In fact the immigrants on either side shared a cultural and traditional bond that superceeded religion prior to partition.....

I obviously cannot speak for the Pakistanis but in my view, the Quit India movement was to drive the british out of what was historically India......so a sense of national identity existed whether you agree or not.....politics post partition is another matter....

In 1971 nationhood had been established and a sense of identity as a Pakistani, even if eventually trumped by ethnic nationalism, existed. There was in addition also the sense of nationhood through ties of faith, and to add to my previous post, I believe that ties of brotherhood and nationhood through faith may also play a part in that sentiment.

Im of the view that a nation seperated by thousands of miles of hostile territory can never fully achieve a sense of common national identity.....
Pak and BD were seperated not just by land, but culture, traditions, language.....and a host of other issues that eventually lead to the divide....the only similarity that bound the two sides was religion.....
Hence I do feel a bit surprised at Al-Zakir's statements as the two nations were seperate seeds of the same fruit, that were bound to find their own destinies.....

In a sense the underlying sentiment may be similar to that of some Islamic schools of thought that would like to see a unified Muslim world. Such a school of thought would find it easier to subscribe to the sentiment expressed by Al-Zakir because Bangladesh used to be part of a larger Islamic nation and therefore has an existing template of a 'unified nationhood in Islam'.

I can subscribe to the above sentiment....In fact my feeling is that Al-Zakir was probably speaking of the religious bond rather than national....

But then again, a 160 million in my nation follow the same religion as Pak and BD....yet, you never hear of a apologist or a "optimist" that would want India-Pak-BD to become one again or join either of those countries.....
The question is.....in today's BD what drives the masses,....is it the religion or nationalism.....?

From Al-Zakirs reply, it seems religion....which is odd for us Indians because day in day out, we are taught to put country before religion.....

I completely disagree with the above view.....

Partition was such a traumatic gesture for people on both sides because the land belonged to our forefathers for centuries if not more who lived side by side irrespective of religion.....to give up ones house, land, friends and move purely for the sake of a political movement is not as palatable as you make it out to be......
Probably why it resulted in so much bloodshed.....In fact the immigrants on either side shared a cultural and traditional bond that superceeded religion prior to partition.....

I obviously cannot speak for the Pakistanis but in my view, the Quit India movement was to drive the british out of what was historically India......so a sense of national identity existed whether you agree or not.....politics post partition is another matter....
The sentiments of anguish and sorrow you refer to were more sentiments over having to leave ones home, ones land, and not in any organized fashion either. People were uprooted, suffered from communal violence etc. It was a tragic event in all those ways.

The quit India movement was a movement against the British by an occupied people, it wasn't a movement in favor of singular nationhood - People uniting to fight a common enemy.

In East Pakistan you didn't have uprooted families and loss of a homeland, but a political separation.

Im of the view that a nation seperated by thousands of miles of hostile territory can never fully achieve a sense of common national identity.....
Pak and BD were seperated not just by land, but culture, traditions, language.....and a host of other issues that eventually lead to the divide....the only similarity that bound the two sides was religion.....
Hence I do feel a bit surprised at Al-Zakir's statements as the two nations were seperate seeds of the same fruit, that were bound to find their own destinies.....
Different cultures, traditions and language exist within the modern Indian and Pakistani States as well, but that alone does not negate nationhood.
I can subscribe to the above sentiment....In fact my feeling is that Al-Zakir was probably speaking of the religious bond rather than national....
I would argue it is a combination of both, otherwise one cannot explain why a similar number of people in the Arab world, or African or Asian Muslim nations are also not making the same case. The history of a former united nationhood with Pakistan plays a part in this sentiment.
But then again, a 160 million in my nation follow the same religion as Pak and BD....yet, you never hear of a apologist or a "optimist" that would want India-Pak-BD to become one again or join either of those countries.....
The question is.....in today's BD what drives the masses,....is it the religion or nationalism.....?

From Al-Zakirs reply, it seems religion....which is odd for us Indians because day in day out, we are taught to put country before religion.....
The number of Muslims in India does not make India a Muslim nation, and unification with India would not change the fact that Muslims would still be a minority, and therefore they would not be completely in charge of how they govern themselves.

Last edited:
An oppurtunity to flame and create flames never spoiled by indians?
Mukti bhani wasnt it created before 71 by indians
?wasnt it a proxy?didnt many indian authors write books on how they created mukti bhhani?
Wasnt mukti bhani inovoled in war crimes by starting the civil war?didnt they kill,rape families of West pakisatani soldiers?
Wernt they traitors or instruments of indian proxy mindseted establishment?
Though wat happened in 71 was something tht shouldnt have had happened but mukti bhani terrorists and saffron baniya mentality was more then involed or should i saw makers of this castastrophy.............
Even then we accept Bengladesh with open arms and same is done by bengladeshis.....but indians dont even forget to roll in this thread.
Shameless trolls.
Free kashmir and others

Let me say you. AL got huge vote because of 1) failure of BNP and 2) by the digital deception theory. And also there were some terrorist attack and extremist issue in past which made people to believe that BNP was a failed party.

Now max people already not satisfied by way AL regime going on. So be ready to see the failure of AL in next election. And, obviously, you do not know well about the current opinions of max BD people about AL now.

I am amazed that you choose to reply back....I would honestly suggest to take some time before you reply(if you choose to) because you fail to articulate your point...

Let me tell you in more detail....Look at your reply...

AL got huge vote because of 1) failure of BNP

And also there were some terrorist attack and extremist issue in past which made people to believe that BNP was a failed party.

So basically was BNP a failure or people perceived it to be...Your two points are contradictory???

Anyways the point i am making is that its people of Bangladesh who choose AL over BNP....So obviously they don't have those string views that you carry about them....AL is a democratic elected goverment by People of Bangladesh...Period...As far as your claims about MAX people is concerned then may i know how do you know that MAX people are against the govt??? Secondly with all due respect i do not care what party rules BD...Its for people of BD to decide...All i am saying is the way you find AL as puppets of Injdia majority if your country do not feel so......

Secondly India is your neighbour which you cannot change...So good relations with India is not going to hurt BD...If you remove your glasses of hate and jingoism then you would see that better relations with Country as big as India who is on the path to become economic super power of the world is not a bad idea...So ponder over it for sometime...

I think India and Indians will do anything possible to create rift between Pakistan and Bangladesh and that is the tone I see in the messages from the Indians on this forum. Bangladesh is an independent country and Bangladeshis are pretty smart to realize that India is a friend of Israel and cannot be friends of any muslim countries. That is why Bangladesh buys weapons from Pakistan, Russia and China despite so many offers from India.

Perhaps convene a session of parliament at the same time in both Bangladesh and Pakistan and have both pass resolutions offering regrets for whatever atrocities may have been committed by their side in 1971, put the matter to rest once and for all and move on with building a stronger bilateral relationship.

I have advocate this idea few times in this forum. This is the only way to buried this dead issue once for all. I endorsed your idea. Thanks :tup:

pakistani govt is very weak, they cannot do rebuttal to what bengladeshis say, this shows their levels. they should say, well and good, we will apologise when bengladeshis accept that pakistanis were slaughtered their and should held a proper investigation to this crime as to who were involved. many innocent lives were wasted there and its only because of their attitude only "bengali genocide" is heard and people dont know about it.

Yes I agree Hammy Bhaiyya,

So many Biharis were killed in Bangladesh during 1971 war.. but I don't even see one Bangladeshi apologizing for killing so many Biharis. They only care about their Bengali people and don't even care about Bihari people.. for them Bihari life is lesser than that of Bengali.. :angry:

But many in Pakistan still calls it "East Pakistan" they are not ready to accept it as a Independent and Sovereign nation.

Yes!!! so what? It's all in the good intention. If we do not complain then what's your problem.....:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom