What's new

Pakistanis must apologise to Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al-Zakir's sentiment may be indicative of the fact that not all residents of East Pakistan wanted to completely break off from Pakistan, though almost all wanted greater autonomy (given the results of the elections).

Rightly said AM.....And this probably is true for a fair share of Bengali's.....

But look at it this way.....Wouldnt you feel strange about a Pakistani criticizing partition or challenging the validity or need to form a seperate state of Pakistan...right or wrong is a different thing....
But I dont feel majority of Pakistani's would voice such an opinion or at least based on what I have seen on this forum regret such a move.....nor take kindly to a person that holds views of a united India based on pre-partition boundaries....
Hence it is surprising to see that a Bengali....feels this way or regrets about a decision made under those circumstances by his/her forefathers....30 years past...

Obviously coming from an Indian...its a moot point...nothing more than an observation...

Last edited:
Why do Bangladeshis & Indians think that it was all 'one sided' ?

No one's innocent, is it hard to understand?

I do not know what about PK side but here in BD still many talk show, cinema and dramas are making where PK army and their politicians are showing up as guilty and criminal. Present BD people have no idea that there was some conspiracies and there were some criminal who were non-Pakistani.

What PK has done for reveling the true history? What PK has done to proof that PK was not guilty only? Here in BD everyday in TVs there are lot of programs where it's showing that how PK killed BD people.

So if PK thinks/feels that there were guilty people from BD too then PK needs huge publicity to spread that news among the young BD people and to the world. Now it's up to PK that how PK will counter our media and some propaganda by AL and India to proof themselves that PK were not the only guilty. Otherwise, our new BD generation will only hate PK. Really there is huge communication gap to reveal the true history.

Last edited:
. Now it's up to PK that how PK will counter our media and some propaganda by AL and India to proof themselves that PK were not the only guilty. Otherwise, our new BD generation will only hate PK. Really there is huge communication gap to revel the true history.
Even though your media shows opposite complemented by India and PK did nothing about it you seems to be quites sure about propaganda part...Right???

Come out of your delusions...India did what it deemed fit in 1971...You guys needed help we provided it...There is nothing more or less that that...There is no need to distort history just to show your love or haterd for some country...

no pakistani will apologise from BD,they people desrive for this......read the history again........coz of them our 90,000 soldiers arrested......Bangaladeshi always think negitive abt pakistanis....goood they are not with us......:pakistan::pakistan:

I do not know what about PK side but here in BD still many talk show, cinema and dramas are making where PK army and their politicians are showing up as guilty and criminal. Present BD people have no idea that there was some conspiracies and there were some criminal who were non-Pakistani.

What PK has done for reveling the true history? What PK has done to proof that PK was not guilty only? Here in BD everyday in TVs there are lot of programs where it's showing that how PK killed BD people.

So if PK thinks/feels that there were guilty people from BD too then PK needs huge publicity to spread that news among the young BD people and to the world. Now it's up to PK that how PK will counter our media and some propaganda by AL and India to proof themselves that PK were not the only guilty. Otherwise, our new BD generation will only hate PK. Really there is huge communication gap to revel the true history.

The saner option is not one in which we in Pakistan also start a PR campaign. Its in exchanging trade and encouraging people-to-people contacts so the BDs realize that the Pakistan of today is not the same Pakistan of the 70s. The ironical thing here is that the security relations between Pakistan and BD exceed the state-to-state and people-to-people relations by a wide margin.

The issue for some Pakistanis is that if someone from BD side comes and flags the 1971 split in an extremely one-sided manner, then some on the Pakistani side react. You see this happen on these boards all the time. Otherwise there is no heartfelt acrimony amongst the Pakistanis for the BDs and this is because there is no reason for it on our side.

I feel that after Sheikh Hasina's current government, Pakistan and BD relations will improve considerably because the historical baggage gets left in the past after Sheikh Hasina and her cohorts are done governing. The younger and up and coming class of politicians in BD and Pakistan do not carry the historical baggage which in my opinion is a very good thing.

First of all Bangladesh is our brother country East Pakistan

Zaid Hamid-Special 1971 War - The Untold Story

WE WILL NEVER FORGET OUR BROTHERS IN BD THEY ARE ONE OF US We know our little brother was minipulated by some outside forces but you we still love our little brother and nothing will change that

So we are not going to accept some minipulative threads to spawn hate

Pakistan/BD are brotherly countries...

There was civil war (incited by some out side forces) the difference are worked out and we are moving torwards a close ties :pakistan::china:

TO THE FUTURE !!!

A stronger future between Pakistan- China - BD

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel that after Sheikh Hasina's current government, Pakistan and BD relations will improve considerably because the historical baggage gets left in the past after Sheikh Hasina and her cohorts are done governing. The younger and up and coming class of politicians in BD and Pakistan do not carry the historical baggage which in my opinion is a very good thing.

Hope for that really, Inshallah.

Actually, it's our bloody AL govt who is always revengeful and acts like terrorist and who is obedient to India and who always spreads propaganda against PK. Who tries to deceive with people in name of development (by making corruption), justice (by taking self revenge), secularism(by devision of the nation).

Hope for that really, Inshallah.

Actually, it's our bloody AL govt who is always revengeful and acts like terrorist and who is obedient to India and who always spreads propaganda against PK. Who tries to deceive with people in name of development (by making corruption), justice (by taking self revenge), secularism(by devision of the nation).

Hmmm...May i know is AL a democratically Elected Goverment(By people of Bangladesh) or a Dictator??? because if it is the former than definitely people of Bangladesh don't perceive it the way you do...So either you are more smarter or the masses in BD...Take your pick....

Hmmm...May i know is AL a democratically Elected Goverment(By people of Bangladesh) or a Dictator??? because if it is the former than definitely people of Bangladesh don't perceive it the way you do...So either you are more smarter or the masses in BD...Take your pick....

Let me say you. AL got huge vote because of 1) failure of BNP and 2) by the digital deception theory. And also there were some terrorist attack and extremist issue in past which made people to believe that BNP was a failed party.

Now max people already not satisfied by way AL regime going on. So be ready to see the failure of AL in next election. And, obviously, you do not know well about the current opinions of max BD people about AL now.

Jana gaṇa mana adhināyaka jaya he
Bhārata bhāgya vidhātā
Punjāba Sindhu Gujarāṭa Marāṭhā
Drāviḍa Utkala Banga
Vindhya Himāchala Yamunā Gangā

Ucchala jaladhi taranga
Tava śubha nāme jāge
Tava śubha āśiṣa māge
Gāhe tava jaya gāthā
Jana gaṇa mangala dāyaka jaya he
Bhārata bhāgya vidhāta
Jaya he jaya he jaya he
Jaya jaya jaya jaya he!

The poem was composed in December 1911 and was officially adopted by the Constituent Assembly as the Indian national anthem on January 24, 1950.

Is Punjab, Gujarat, Maharashtra (land of the Maratas), Dravidian states (Karnataka, Andhra, Kerala, Tamil Nadu), Bengal, Himalayas (parts of it), yamuna and ganga not in India ? Which one do you want to debate about ?
:cheers:
Were we not discussing the Sindhu part?

And to make it clear, I am basing this on the statements of your countryman, who said that Sindhu referred to Sindh, and there is no region in modern India that was called Sindh historically, which is why I conditioned my previous comments to 'if it is true'.

Rightly said AM.....And this probably is true for a fair share of Bengali's.....

But look at it this way.....Wouldnt you feel strange about a Pakistani criticizing partition or challenging the validity or need to form a seperate state of Pakistan...right or wrong is a different thing....
But I dont feel majority of Pakistani's would voice such an opinion or at least based on what I have seen on this forum regret such a move.....nor take kindly to a person that holds views of a united India based on pre-partition boundaries....
Hence it is surprising to see that a Bengali....feels this way or regrets about a decision made under those circumstances by his/her forefathers....30 years past...

Obviously coming from an Indian...its a moot point...nothing more than an observation...
I think that there is a difference between the partition of the subcontinent in 1947 and the partition of Pakistan in 1971. In 1947 there was little in the way of a 'national identity' or a 'nation', so I would argue that it was far easier for most people to adjust to the idea of two separate nations.

In 1971 nationhood had been established and a sense of identity as a Pakistani, even if eventually trumped by ethnic nationalism, existed. There was in addition also the sense of nationhood through ties of faith, and to add to my previous post, I believe that ties of brotherhood and nationhood through faith may also play a part in that sentiment.

In a sense the underlying sentiment may be similar to that of some Islamic schools of thought that would like to see a unified Muslim world. Such a school of thought would find it easier to subscribe to the sentiment expressed by Al-Zakir because Bangladesh used to be part of a larger Islamic nation and therefore has an existing template of a 'unified nationhood in Islam'.

But many in Pakistan still calls it "East Pakistan" they are not ready to accept it as a Independent and Sovereign nation.

They also claim that there was no genocide its just propaganda by India.

As per them, they have not done anything wrong so what's the need of an apology.

No one in Pakistan calls Bangladesh "East Pakistan". Some of our elders still think about 1971, but more than half of the population in Pakistan are under the age of 30. Most Pakistanis weren't even born in 1971.

Pakistanis want friendly brotherly relations with Bangladesh. We are not like indians who are living in the past always questioning partition of 1947. Pakistanis accept Bangladesh as a sovereign independent nation and we wish Bangladesh all the best.

No where in Hamid Mir's article has said that "Pakistanis must apologise to Bangladesh". Then why the thread heading is like that? What can BD do if PK will not apologise officially?

* Question with due respect to both BD and PK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom