What's new

Pakistani students envy Indians, as Imran khan did nothing to evacuate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meri Jan don't worry time will tell who made the right decision.

Until we know the method coronavirus is using to jump hosts we will act on WHO guidelines. We are pro life we are not going to sacrifice life for political gain.
Nobody is gaining any political capital by evacuating its citizen. India always tries to evacuates citizens from dangerous zones as much as we can.

India is not alone, a lot of countries have already evacuated citizens. Even your people from Wuhan arrived in Pakistan on their own on the Thai airlines.

Kerala got an excellent record of managing such situations much much deadlier Nippa was contained much efficiently earlier.
You're comparing earthquakes and floods.

Nipah virus is from a completely different family and has a different clinical presentation, causing earlier presentation at hospital, and mortality above 70%.

Novel corona virus has a mortality below 5% and presents like the common cold, hence people will turn up at hospitals later by which time the infection would have spread.

There is no point comparing a Nipah outbreak to a corona virus one. SARS is more comparable with ncov due to species similarity and symptoms.

Nipah virus is from a completely different family and has a different clinical presentation, causing earlier presentation at hospital, and mortality above 70%.

Novel corona virus has a mortality below 5% and presents like the common cold, hence people will turn up at hospitals later by which time the infection would have spread.

There is no point comparing a Nipah outbreak to a corona virus one. SARS is more comparable with ncov due to species similarity and symptoms.

I'm not comparing both the virus, I'm talking about the capacity of our medical system. We effectively contained it with highest level once came to know about it and connected all the dots from the first person to the all other patients. All were effectively quarantined to stop the outbreak in a state where 35 million living with high popular density.

Even your people from Wuhan arrived in Pakistan on their own on the Thai airlines.
This is shocking. There is no way the Chinese should have allowed this. Pakistani authorities should also have coordinated efforts to quarantine and test them immediately upon entry. What the hell are Thai airlines playing at?

This is ultimately the problem I referred to before of Pakistani "population characteristics" thwarting serious public health efforts. I don't actually blame the government but the elite culture of some families in Pakistan. This is the nawaz Sharif "I'm special so can ignore rules" culture. I have no doubt that these selfish individuals have no concern for what they may or may not be harbouring. A decent citizen of any nation would voluntarily present for testing but these types of families think they're very special and will leave everything to fate or Allah swt.

These idiots think they're very clever by evading quarantine protocols and finding some circuitous route home.

Maybe I'm wrong and they have been formally tested in which case, it will have to pass. But if they have not had formal pcr testing, they have committed a seriously selfish act.

I'm not comparing both the virus, I'm talking about the capacity of our medical system. We effectively contained it with highest level once came to know about it and connected all the dots from the first person to the all other patients. All were effectively quarantined to stop the outbreak in a state where 35 million living with high popular density.
So how do you distinguish ncov from the common cold? Can any health system in the world admit and quarantine everyone with cold like symptoms?

Doctors can spot nipah virus from a mile away.

For ncov, the ONLY distinguishing criterion between ncov and a cold at initial presentation is "did you travel to China?".

You are unnecessarily confronting them. They controlled such epidemics, even about 10,000 years ago, with their pre-Vedic technologies. It you have any doubts; contact @Mangus Ortus Novem, who is posting their technological achievements and advancements, in that bygone era.:lol::lol::lol:

You are unnecessarily confronting them. They controlled such epidemics, even about 10,000 years ago, with their Vedic technologies. It you have any doubts; contact @Mangus Ortus Novem, who is posting their technological achievements and advancements, in that bygone era.:lol::lol::lol:
Sir, my posts are more for the benefit of Pakistanis. We should not fall victim to false narratives rammed down our necks by unfriendly states.

This is shocking. There is no way the Chinese should have allowed this. Pakistani authorities should also have coordinated efforts to quarantine and test them immediately upon entry. What the hell are Thai airlines playing at?

This is ultimately the problem I referred to before of Pakistani "population characteristics" thwarting serious public health efforts. I don't actually blame the government but the elite culture of some families in Pakistan. This is the nawaz Sharif "I'm special so can ignore rules" culture. I have no doubt that these selfish individuals have no concern for what they may or may not be harbouring. A decent citizen of any nation would voluntarily present for testing but these types of families think they're very special and will leave everything to fate or Allah swt.

These idiots think they're very clever by evading quarantine protocols and finding some circuitous route home.

Maybe I'm wrong and they have been formally tested in which case, it will have to pass. But if they have not had formal pcr testing, they have committed a seriously selfish act.
That kinda sucks. They probably have connections in higher-ups. It's probably seen as humanitarian by Thai airlines, Air India also allowed Maldivians to board it's plane and are quarantined in India.
I hope you quarantined them in isolation. Not everyone coming from Wuhan has NCorona, the hysteria is high so people will think the worst. Hopefully, they are are just fine.

Sir, my posts are more for the benefit of Pakistanis. We should not fall victim to false narratives rammed down our necks by unfriendly states.

I fully understand and highly appreciate your posts, on this issue. I am reading most of them.

My post was in a lighter vein, again, to uncover the the intentions of our "ever friendly" Eastern neighbors.:lol:

So how do you distinguish ncov from the common cold? Can any health system in the world admit and quarantine everyone with cold like symptoms?

Doctors can spot nipah virus from a mile away.

For ncov, the ONLY distinguishing criterion between ncov and a cold at initial presentation is "did you travel to China?".

As of now, two cases reported who reached from China. More than 2000 were under the watch who came to contact with them, effectively quarantined to their home or isolation wards.

Here is WHO now saying the same coronavirus can spread before symptoms. Bringing home anyone before quarantine will be a huge mistake and India made that mistake.

Pakistan is following who guidelines nothing else. Pakistan don't play politics on lives we will act in best interests of our people.

As of now, two cases reported who reached from China. More than 2000 were under the watch who came to contact with them, effectively quarantined to their home or isolation wards.
And what of those with mild symptoms of ncov who don't ever present or seek medical advice, recover by themselves, but infect a dozen vulnerable people while at home?

Nipah and ncov are two different ball games.

Blanket pcr testing would work so if India is doing that on everyone coming back from China or even via a transit country originally coming from China, fair enough. However, there are still going to be false negatives who slip through any net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom