What's new

Pakistani flags appear in Srinagar city, others parts of Kashmir

They have no way of surviving even for a day if we give them independence. Want to bet on it?? We will not allow that to happen. Period. So, toss that option into the dustbin.
They actually would survive, they'd only need help with exports and imports, but they have the resources to survive.

Still, I don't want to discuss this, as it's a unlikely scenario.

your correct but india will have no part in it… and pakistan will have 20 times the gdp it has now..
Different people different opinions, i would not be here after 50 years to prove myself right or wrong but chances hugely favours india

They actually would survive, they'd only need help with exports and imports, but they have the resources to survive.

Still, I don't want to discuss this, as it's a unlikely scenario.
Without Jammu, Kashmir is not a viable state.
And Jammu and Leh/Laddakh will never leave India. So what is left? Kashmir valley

And Jammu and Leh/Laddakh will never leave India. So what is left? Kashmir valley
valley can be in pakistan and rest ladakh and jammu can be in India... but I dont think that will be acceptable to India.. unless we get an irresitible offer .. :p:

well lets wait and see
nobody can be sure about the future, we can only discuss what is of higher probability.
Indian public opinion is getting more rigid so that leaves increasingly smaller political space to manuvre for GoI.
status quo looks most likely unless we do some deal or fight a war in which pakistan wins.

nobody can be sure about the future, we can only discuss what is of higher probability.
Indian public opinion is getting more rigid so that leaves increasingly smaller political space to manuvre for GoI.
status quo looks most likely unless we do some deal or fight a war in which pakistan wins.
there will probably be a deal of some sort… i don't see our countries going to war anytime soon.

there will probably be a deal of some sort… i don't see our countries going to war anytime soon.
funnily I thought the pakistani PM was in a good position to do the deal, the new Indian PM is new to the job and will try to play safe.
however it seems, position of NS is a bit shaky. We are looking to replicate egypt-israel camp david accord which requires a lot of strong leadership from both sides. A lot of people will say that their own PM betrayed them because both countries have taken maximalist position, and in a deal you always lose something.

Another reason why it is an unlikely scenario. Either way, I would rather not talk about an impossibility.

the illegitimate raj made a haphazard decision and it resulted in bloodshed and uprising.....Pakistan did the right thing. If we didnt act - india would have swallowed up Kashmir and many more Kashmiris (including those of AZAD J&K) would be suffering than there are now
Which haphazard decision of the Raj resulted in uprising? Pakistan did what and when? Mountbatten did everything to ensure that Kashmir goes to Pakistan. The apple was all yours, sir. There was no plan to send Indian troops in the valley before the invasion.

Another reason why it is an unlikely scenario. Either way, I would rather not talk about an impossibility.
Jammu and Leh/Laddakh are an impossibility. They are Hindu and Budhist majority areas. Even the Shias there are firmly in the pro-India camp.

They have been demanding that they be removed from the State of J&K for decades now. That they be declared as separate States.

Frankly, I wouldnt really mind if Kashmir was allowed different autonomy. But as a separate country, without Jammu(the most economically significant region in entire J&K), as a country Kashmir would be unsustainable and poverty would result in more of the jihadi and saudi madrassa funding business. That is neither in India nor Pakistans interest.

Jammu and Leh/Laddakh are an impossibility. They are Hindu and Budhist majority areas. Even the Shias there are firmly in the pro-India camp.

They have been demanding that they be removed from the State of J&K for decades now. That they be declared as separate States.

Frankly, I wouldnt really mind if Kashmir was allowed different autonomy. But as a separate country, without Jammu(the most economically significant region in entire J&K), as a country Kashmir would be unsustainable and poverty would result in more of the jihadi and saudi madrassa funding business. That is neither in India nor Pakistans interest.
I don't get why every keeps having a hard time reading my comment, I don't want to talk about this, because it's just going to turn into another argument.

This shows what the people of Kashmir want. They were & always will be integral part of Pakistan.

man is it true that mujahiddeen killed two RR soldiers near sipore? any kashmiri here?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom