What's new

Pakistani corner

I doubt there are any Pakistanis in the town I live in, all it would take is to ask someone at the town center, and voila, and because everyone can view our conversation, including non members, I doubt it's safe to give any sort of personal information.

I understand. When did you visit last time? Pakistani community is increasing. Actually, most Pakistanis are in New York than any other state.

I understand. When did you visit last time? Pakistani community is increasing. Actually, most Pakistanis are in New York than any other state.
More than a year I'd say. I still haven't seen a single Pakistani in my town, of course apart from my uncle and me (in a mirror).

More than a year I'd say. I still haven't seen a single Pakistani in my town, of course apart from my uncle and me (in a mirror).

Gosh. Isn't it boring then? You gotta come out of your town to enjoy. There are so many Pakistansi. Actually there's a town I don't want to live because of the Pakistani population.

Gosh. Isn't it boring then? You gotta come out of your town to enjoy. There are so many Pakistani. Actually there's a town I don't want to live because of the Pakistani population.
My Uncle told me many S.Asians in America aren't what you call, "nice".
I was in public school, and there were a few people from various countries in South Asia, and because of them I was shifted to a private school, and I fit there perfectly.

My Uncle told me many S.Asians in America aren't what you call, "nice".
I was in public school, and there were a few people from various countries in South Asia, and because of them I was shifted to a private school, and I fit there perfectly.

Ops. Well New York is very diverse and you have to merge in to live.
You meet both nice and bad people. (Mostly nice people). I rarely get along with people, so I go along with Pakistani most of the time. It was even hard for me to deal with people from different ethnicities.
This time when you visit, better go to the other towns where you can find Pakistanis. You will enjoy it better. :)

Ops. Well New York is very diverse and you have to merge in to live.
You meet both nice and bad people. (Mostly nice people). I rarely get along with people, so I go along with Pakistani most of the time. It was even hard for me to deal with people from different ethnicities.
This time when you visit, better go to the other towns where you can find Pakistanis. You will enjoy it better. :)
Nooooo, they're mean.... :(.
And especially if we go to the bad side of NYC, they hoot at you, do those wolf whistles.
I don't like that part.
I stay around the beach side, or I'm mostly at my friends house, or they're at mine.
And many people stereotype Pakistanis, upon telling people at the public school I'm a Pakistani, I was bombarded with: "How did you get to America" and "You don't look like an Indian" and the typical "Don't you like wear hijab (they said face cloak but you know). But in private school people were nice to me, and we were always willing to hang out.

Nooooo, they're mean.... :(.
And especially if we go to the bad side of NYC, they hoot at you, do those wolf whistles.
I don't like that part.
I stay around the beach side, or I'm mostly at my friends house, or they're at mine.
And many people stereotype Pakistanis, upon telling people at the public school I'm a Pakistani, I was bombarded with: "How did you get to America" and "You don't look like an Indian" and the typical "Don't you like wear hijab (they said face cloak but you know). But in private school people were nice to me, and we were always willing to hang out.

Whistling part? That's more like desi thing. :p:
Oh I got where you live. Yeah not many desi or Pakistani in that area. I am hijabi, but never faced such questions. Yeah I have to deal with some funny question related to hijab. There was a Haitian girl who used to think the reason I wear hijab is, I got no hair. Or we never like never take it off. :D duh'. Yeah people do ask a non hijabi why don't you put scarf on when you have to. These are very common questions to face. Go easy on!
Visit queens this time or maybe Jackson heights to meet Pakistanis. Or maybe the area I live in.

Oh I got where you live. Yeah not many desi or Pakistani in that area. I am hijabi, but never faced such questions. Yeah I have to deal with some funny question related to hijab. There was a Haitian girl who used to think the reason I wear hijab is, I got no hair. Or we never like never take it off. :D duh'. Yeah people do ask a non hijabi why don't you put scarf on when you have to. These are very common questions to face. Go easy on!
Visit queens this time or maybe Jackson heights to meet Pakistanis. Or maybe the area I live in.
Not where I live, I'm talking about the bad parts of NYC.
It's a nice place where I live, it has good security and stuff. And a nice neighborhood, but I'll be frank, there's nothing like Pakistan, I'd chose to live in Islamabad than NYC any day.
And no, I'm not a hijabi. And frankly no use of it in the States, just don't wear skimpy clothes, that's for your own good.

And please don't mention "desi" it makes me cringe at times.

Not where I live, I'm talking about the bad parts of NYC.
It's a nice place where I live, it has good security and stuff. And a nice neighborhood, but I'll be frank, there's nothing like Pakistan, I'd chose to live in Islamabad than NYC any day.
And no, I'm not a hijabi. And frankly no use of it in the States, just don't wear skimpy clothes, that's for your own good.

Yeah there are few parts in New York which are unsafe to visit.
Pakistan is the best without any doubt. The main reason I'm living here is my studies and I depend on my family. So I gotta live here. Hopefully I will move back to Pakistan after few years. I miss Lahore like a lotttt.
Let see where destiny takes me. Well I was never forced to wear hijab by my family like some girls are. This was my own decision.

Yeah there are few parts in New York which are unsafe to visit.
Pakistan is the best without any doubt. The main reason I'm living here is my studies and I depend on my family. So I gotta live here. Hopefully I will move back to Pakistan after few years. I miss Lahore like a lotttt.
Let see where destiny takes me. Well I was never forced to wear hijab by my family like some girls are. This was my own decision.
At night time, the whole of NYC becomes unsafe, my friends and I were accidentally entered Vinegar Hill, ummm it's like nearby the Manhattan Bridge, we accidentally took a wrong turn, it was sunset, and it is a hostile neighborhood, and so we were driving, and this man points at me, at this time I was scared out of my mind, and at this point, my friend knew I had freaked out, so jokingly he pretends to pull over next to the man to ask for directions. And I screamed and ducked between the foot space of the backseat, at this time, everyone in the car was laughing so hard.... Literally the scariest moment of my life, but luckily he didn't pull over.

I never knew you are a hijabi
@Ammara Chaudhry
How is the public opinion about hijab wearing women in USA nowdays?

You never asked and never saw me with hijab so how you're suppose to know. :p. Yes Alhumdulillah I am hijabi. It's great except those weird and funny questions. I actually enjoy those questions. Some states are kinda racists, but at the same time people are there to protect if they see you're being bullied or discriminated. As far as its concerned about New York and behavior toward hijabis. Totally amazing! There are so many hijabis and the akhis with real Muslims dress up all around my campus. Our MSA even had an event last semester in our campus about hijab and few profs even wore it to show their support to hijabis. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom