What's new

‘Pakistan won’t rush to join anti-Iran alliance’

You want MORE. Imagine if Pakistan is allied to SAUDI then ?

Just kick out saudi+usa from Pakistan. Iran is the best ally of Pakistan.

People of Pakistan support IRAN and will not die for the Saudi Kings. Those who want to ally Pakistan with Saudi has no future in Pakistan and they all will be Loser in the End. Do not think saudi Petro Dollars will save Pakistan.

God Bless IRAN and PAKISTAN.

You sound like a 12er. :lol: Iran is also no ally of Pakistan, Pakistan needs to stay neutral because anything else hurts her interests. Ultimately it is not about Iran or Saudi, it is about Pakistan. Pakistan is not strong enough to bridge the gap between these two communities so it should not further it either. People forget that Pakistan is the second largest shia country in the world and I am certain if a proper survey is ever done it will be shown that it is also the largest Sunni nation if these two huge groups choose side the blood in the streets will make the current deaths during the wot look like nothing.

Last edited:
Pak as a country isn't a secterian hell hole .. but with time a lot of people have caught the disease .. Look at this thread for example.. If you say somethin about KSA .. You are branded a shia or an Iran loyalist and so on .. I mean come on ...

Pakistan is perhaps the only Muslim country where there is large Sunni majority and yet has given so many important positions to Shia citizens--topmost positions. So you are right, on the whole Pakistan is not a sectarian country. Even now.
But, in such a large population, there will be always some sectarian people.
BTW, I am not one of those PDF members who blame the Gulf Arab states for any 'Wahabbism'. Pakistan needs to get its own house in order.

The new Pakistani generation is spoiled by the petro-dollars and is not aware of its roots and history.
new Pakistani generation is destroyed with hindi movies and cable tv.
If you hate dollars so much then stop doing business with it!
If you want to buy Saudi oil, payments must be made in Saudi Riyals...however distributor can choose to further sell it in USD.

Last edited:
Why? and how is it related to visit of Nawaz Sharif to Saudi Arabia?

Why because it was always the language of Muslim sovereigns in South Asia and the Bengalis also used to have farsi as a state language at one point so they would not have made a huge fuss like they did with Urdu. Anyway you are right it has nothing to do with Nawaz so let us leave it.

That would have been a blunder. Urdu was already spoken by a lot of people in Pakistan and was the right choice.

Urdu was a bigger blunder if you take East Pakistan/ mqm into account, anyway this is off topic so leave it.

Pakistan is perhaps the only Muslim country where there is large Sunni majority and yet has given so many important positions to Shia citizens--topmost positions. So you are right, on the whole Pakistan is not a sectarian country. Even now.
But, in such a large population, there will be always some sectarian people.
BTW, I am not one of those PDF members who blame the Gulf Arab states for any 'Wahabbism'. Pakistan needs to get its own house in order.

It's not really a favour .. Those people earned those positions ... They weren't handed those in a plate as gratitude. This country wasn't built for shia or Sunnis .. This was built for Pakistani!

As for not blaming gulf for wahabism .. well even GOP disagrees with that ... After decades they finally grew balls to point out the petro dollar n vile ideology being exported by GCC.. The same petro dollar tht is funding terrorist nurseries aka seminaries in Pak.

Why because it was always the language of Muslim sovereigns in South Asia and the Bengalis also used to have farsi as a state language at one point so they would not have made a huge fuss like they did with Urdu. Anyway you are right it has nothing to do with Nawaz so let us leave it.

Urdu was a bigger blunder if you take East Pakistan/ mqm into account, anyway this is off topic so leave it.
Even punjabi state used Farsi ..

Iran is also no ally of Pakistan
Well in general , i agree with you .

There is no "Ally" in real world , there is of course "sentiment" which affects Foreign policies just a little bit .

What about rented Afghanis being sent to syria to fight Iranian war
why am i not surprised ? Well firstly , there are lots of pakistanis fighting for ISIS right now , is it ok to assume Saudia "rented" them and forced them to go and fight against evil shia ?

Secondly , the only afghans in syria are called "Fatemiyoon brigade" who are all Shia Afghans who mostly reside in Iran . how can Iran force people to go and fight ?

Thirdly , why force afghans ? Just a religious decree and 20 million Iranians as well as its Armed Forces will Finish all ISIS crap in a day .

Bye now

Shia militants are a dead breed .. But your secterian wahabi lovers like Ahle Sunnat wal jamat,SSP,LeJ etc are still going strong .. Watch the new most wanted criminals list released by govt of Punjab? That's saudi petro dollar n wahabi ideology at work.

Yes shia militants were destroyed but Iran under the Ayatullas has always chosen India over Pakistan and is a direct rival in Pakistan's sphere of influence *cough na/afghans cough*.

Yes shia militants were destroyed but Iran under the Ayatullas has always chosen India over Pakistan and is a direct rival in Pakistan's sphere of influence *cough na/afghans cough*.

Happened due to mullah butthurt after Pak joined Seato n cento accords.

With a PM who is loyal to KSA,i think he will try to join this alliance,but i assure you one thing he will have to face a lot of hurdles,with army in his way i don't see it happening .
@syedali73 ,@Irfan Baloch ,@DESERT FIGHTER ,your thoughts ,guys .
for the sake of safety of the house of Saud and to protect the integrity of KSA ,I have no problem with sending our forces against an external threat but if there is a popular uprising and internal conflict then we must stay out and let the people of KSA decide. right now daesh is also an issue in addition to concern about Iranian advances which have also laid bare the Saudi and Israeli partnership and denying that is naive.

if the Pakistani forces are not expected to fight Saudi proxy wars against Iran and its own proxies then all the better and actually can earn some gratitude from the kingdom which will translate into American gratitude easing the pressure from Indian diplomatic hostilities and its subversions in many restive parts of Pakistan and Afghanistan
but the safest bet is staying out like during Zia time.

let the Arabs and Iranians beat each other silly, let them spill each others blood and rip each others hearts and livers and make videos of devouring their opponent sects in the name of pure and true Islam. in the end by the way it is army's call if it can spare the troops for Saudis or not. Indians are dead bored and after every few months they instigate border skirmishes to keep Pakistan army under pressure and time for their another darama on the eastern borders is well overdue which shows their frustration over the setbacks in Afghanistan and our recent successes both on military and trilateral relations with Americans and Afghanistan.

for me choosing between Iran and KSA is like asking me to prefer my right hand or left hand. to me both are very important and I wish them to solve their differences and consider Daesh a bigger problem resolve their mutual issues peacefully rather than giving someone else to come and decide them on their corpses.

IF..and there is still an 'IF' in the equation, America and Iran do agree on something to last at least 10 years then the perception of Iran will be different in the world. But, as you know, a certain country in the Middle East is using its infamous Lobby to prevent Obama from reaching a deal.
Iran and KSA need to grow up and stop living in the sectarian worlds of centuries ago. Enough of the BS! This is freaking 21st century and yet their ancient sectarian rivalry is already causing a lot of harm to a vast swathe of regions of west Asia and South Asia. I believe Pakistan should not only stay neutral but also actively try to mediate between them.

The difference is Saudis are sectarian fanatics along with their government. Iranian government maybe ruled by fanatics but most of Iranians are not Sectarian. This is from a personal experience from meeting many Iranians in my life.

Back
Top Bottom