What's new

‘Pakistan won’t rush to join anti-Iran alliance’

IRAN with you guys? IMPOSSIBLE

And thats why Indians want you guys on our side. We hate Sunnis but have love for Shias of course.

This may be true for the indian people but the indian government is strictly allied with saudi and compete with Pak in relations with sheikhs. one can easily see how the sheikhs religion is state sponsered in india to keep sheikhs happy. but this all be off the topic here.

Relations with Iran and Afghanistan will improve, there might come a day where they'd be our allies in this region.

it is okay to be optimistic

it is a pipe dream to expect other muslim states to join you against India
everyone has their own demons to fight

it is okay to be optimistic

it is a pipe dream to expect other muslim states to join you against India
everyone has their own demons to fight

Where did I talk about India?
Are you really that obsessed that you got to drag yourselves into every convo? This is about Pakistan and the people living to the west of us, nothing to do with you.

You're not that special.

This morning's brief drive to work I heard on NPR something like...

"...Saudi Arabia summoned Egypt, xxx, and most importantly the Pakistani Prime Minister to Riyadh. Pakistan was offered financial reward but on the condition that if there is a reconciliation between Washington and Tehran then Pakistan is expected to in the 'Saudi Camp' to limit Iran's influence in the region after the reconciliation."

What do you guys think about it. I am CERTAIN that's what I heard almost verbatim. My drive is only a 10-minute one but, since 1999--when I first heard of Musharraf's coup--NPR breaks reliable news to me.

Contest :undecided:
Since when, this (imaginary) Persian invited us (CoAS), as KSA did?

Iran is enemy, involved in cold blood murders of Pakistanis and Pakistan security forces and should be treated as a characterless enemy, as it display regularly.

Iranian forces injure Pakistani fisherman | Pakistan Today
You are overdoing it with this hate Iran thing
Pakistan is going to stay out of a conflict btw two foreign countries
This is what normal countries do you know look out for their own interests
For once maybe we should also give it a try

Where did I talk about India?
Are you really that obsessed that you got to drag yourselves into every convo? This is about Pakistan and the people living to the west of us, nothing to do with you.

You're not that special.

you used the term allies. I didn't. read your posting.
The question begets allies against whom.

IRAN with you guys? IMPOSSIBLE

And thats why Indians want you guys on our side. We hate Sunnis but have love for Shias of course.
spitting-o.gif

Some things are beyond such puny internet discussions. Course of the relationships between Pakistan and Iran will also not be completely decided by the Governments of either side, it will be shaped by time. Iran has proved itself as a country govern by wise,strong and faithfuls, Pakistan is getting there and is stabilizing now. Time needs them to cooperate, but if they decided to do the otherwise...both will have to pay in one way or another.
And by the way the sectarian lunatics can eat the "saudi-sand"...!
Opinion.jpg

you used the term allies. I didn't. read your posting.
The question begets allies against whom.

Allies, alliances, need not imply only the derived historical meaning of a war time ally. And even so, the term ally can describe more than just foreign policy, and matters concerning defence/aggression.

I did not make the post with India in mind, my concern was Pakistan's relations with Afghanistan and Iran, be they cultural, economic etc. India didn't even come to mind until you mentioned it. Anyway, even with India, I hope we have peace, I'd like to see our region resemble Europe and learn something from the prosperity they derived from a stable region.

Allies, alliances, need not imply only the derived historical meaning of a war time ally. And even so, the term ally can describe more than just foreign policy, and matters concerning defence/aggression.

I did not make the post with India in mind, my concern was Pakistan's relations with Afghanistan and Iran, be they cultural, economic etc. India didn't even come to mind until you mentioned it. Anyway, even with India, I hope we have peace, I'd like to see our region resemble Europe and learn something from the prosperity they derived from a stable region.

you could have used the term " "friends" or friendly relations"
i wish Pakistan works with Iran and Afghanistan to curb extremism in the region
it will be a win win for everyone

Relations with Iran and Afghanistan will improve, there might come a day where they'd be our allies in this region.
Ummm, dont know about Af. But not with Iran, there vested interest are more in India, rather than in Pak.

Back
Top Bottom