great catch & India need to win 12 runs in 24 balls with 8 wickets in hand

India - 100/2 (13.4/18 Ov)
Current Run rate: 7.32
Required Run rate: 3.00

Razzaq to replace Yasir Arafat in the Twenty20 World Cup
Dawn Sports Reporter

Wednesday, 10 Jun, 2009 | 09:54 PM PST |
Sehwag out of Twenty20 World Cup

LAHORE: All-rounder Abdul Razzaq is likely to join the Pakistan team in place of injured Yasir Arafat in the ongoing Twenty20 World Cup in England.

It is learnt that the team management has asked the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to send Yasir’s replacement, who has been advised for ten days rest due to a groin problem, he has been facing since playing the first match against England on Sunday.

The PCB has already cleared Razzaq to represent the national team, after declaring the bowler has announced his disaffiliation from the breakaway Indian Cricket League (ICL), for which the all-rounder had been banned from playing for the country.

Razzaq had produced the certificate to the PCB, showing he had no link with the ICL, the Board cleared him to represent the country. But by then the PCB had submitted the preliminary list of 30 players to the international game’s governing body for the mega event from which the final squad was to be selected.

In the past, all-rounder Azhar Mahmood’s name had been included in the Pakistan team for the 2007-World Cup in the West Indies, despite that his name was not included in the preliminary list.

Sources said the PCB has also informed Razzaq to be ready for England, where Pakistan had qualified for the Super Eight stage after giving a tremendous performance against Holland in a do-or-die match.

To replace Yasir, another choice was Kamran Younis, but the PCB’s first priority was Razzaq, who was the top wicket taker with 11 wickets in the National Twenty20 tournament held last month.

Great news for all the cricket lovers, just saw on ARY, PCB's request for razzak has been accepted by the ICC, and he would be on his way. Hopefully he will reach well in time to play against Sri lanka.

Great news for all the cricket lovers, just saw on ARY, PCB's request for razzak has been accepted by the ICC, and he would be on his way. Hopefully he will reach well in time to play against Sri lanka.

This is really good news. However, a good question to ask is whether it is a good idea to bring someone with no international cricket experience for two years in the advance stages of an World Cup. But then again, Abdul Razzaq is a veteran in this sport, and if Misbah-ul-Haq has taught us anything, it's that there is no substitute for experience.

The pitches in England will offer an ideal platform for a bowler like Razzaq to make his second debut. He should be able to get swing and variance on those pitches, and ofcourse, I also remember him being a heck of a batsman in the last overs. InshAllah, he will perform well right off the bat, but even if he doesn't, I hope Pakistanis (and in paticular, the PCB) are not quick to write him off.

ABDUL RAZZAQ was very much needed , along with MOHD . yousuf, i dont know ,if they can perform well or not , but they are much needed , for PAKISTAN,s future!

The Thunder killer, Abdul Razzak is Back

7144dcc3d5641f40a3b525860ed72ae1.jpg

553ff1750dbcfcadaaf38fd48925a9db.jpg

3ab474071e61085436e933e1800b4de6.jpg

6995800c92b2b8e83d97c5b0c4a9db61.jpg

Atlast, a good addition in the team.
I guess Imran Nazir also missed this

Last edited:
Today First 2 Super 8 games

New Zealand vs Ireland Trent Bridge
England vs South Africa Trent Bridge

England vs South Africa, This would be a tough game.
I guess SA is looking very dangerous and ma favourite for T20 WC 2009.
I feel they are united and will win T20 WC 2009.

nazir sd have been in too....he's a great hitter

Yeah, Imran Nazir is a good hitter. but he some times he throughs away his wicket on crucial time, his fool habit cuased Pakistan in trouble.

But ofcourse he is fit for T20.

Eng vs SA

Pretty shameful performance by England so far. Accept for Owais Shah, no England batsman was able to withstand the onslaught of SA bowlers. It all started when Ravi Bopara was bowled out cheaply by Steyn.

SA's fielding is so unmatchable so far. Who knows whether they will choke or not.

Eng 96/8 in 16.4 overs

Pak vs Sri Lanka

Srilanka after winning the toss are batting first.

The bad news is.....

Mr Butterfinger (Salman Butt) is playing again.:tsk:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom