What's new

England VS India: ICC World Cup T20 2012

Must be Pakistanis who have traveled to Colombo to watch T 20 World Cup :D

To tell you the truth there is some very strong support for Pakistan - but many of them clearly look Sri Lankan. In all the crowds its like 2-3 Pakistani guys being supported by 20 SL guys. The grouping is going on like that.

There is some political thing going on between sri lanka and tamilnadu. :)

No doubt. In our countries cricket opinion can be a good indicator about public opinion :P. Also means Pakistan foreign office is doing something right after all (not in terms of anti-India sentiment but to leverage it for pro-Pakistan sentiment at least).

So finally india managed a win because of their bowling- Nice-

i am sure Ashwin will be cursing himself for not playing-

i am bit confused here.... Why should india play against Top teams from their groups? India on Top, Australia on Top, South africa on Top, and pakistan will be on top when they beat bangladesh.... Arent we suppose to play B2 teams?.... How come we play australia on 28th september, pakistan on 30th september, south africa on 2nd october? i think our media messed it up? i think we will play against B2 TEAMS.... we might play against shrilanka, than westindiz and than newzealand.... Right??? its a curse if top teams play against top teams.... Our media declared india to play against Australia, South africa and pakistan.... It doesnt make any sence.... Please help by explaining it.... Thanks....

Or may be india came 2nd in Their Group??? Well that explains then.... Sad india beaten both teams yet we came 2nd in group.... Reminds me of badminton mess in olympics.... Total idiotic formula atleast for Qualifing.... It should be wins and than run rate.... Am confused.... Did india came 2nd even after beating both teams?

Anyone?.... its sad that top teams playing against Top teams.... England must be dancing in happiness that they lost.... If india would had lost than we would had played against 3 weak teams which are shri lanka, westindiz and newzealand who struggles against spinners.... Now as india stays at top we will play australia, south africa and pakistan.... All of them plays spin better than england.... Who made this rule that top team should play against top teams while the weak team benefits?.... Now india has to beat atleast 2 teams.... Pakistan never won against india in any world cup.... South africa got curse of someone that they play well and gets knocked out.... Australia is not the same team and we beaten them in both t20 world cup and ODI world cup.... But still they all are tough teams.... Our batting is key.... Check the batting order.... Gambhir, viraat kohli, suresh raina, rohit sharma, mahendra singh dhoni, yuvraj singh, pathan, bhajji and i wish we drop balaji and bring ashwin who can bat too and so do chawla.... Thats alot batting depth.... Bowling is weak but spin is key....

i am bit confused here.... Why should india play against Top teams from their groups? India on Top, Australia on Top, South africa on Top, and pakistan will be on top when they beat bangladesh.... Arent we suppose to play B2 teams?.... How come we play australia on 28th september, pakistan on 30th september, south africa on 2nd october? i think our media messed it up? i think we will play against B2 TEAMS.... we might play against shrilanka, than westindiz and than newzealand.... Right??? its a curse if top teams play against top teams.... Our media declared india to play against Australia, South africa and pakistan.... It doesnt make any sence.... Please help by explaining it.... Thanks....

Or may be india came 2nd in Their Group??? Well that explains then.... Sad india beaten both teams yet we came 2nd in group.... Reminds me of badminton mess in olympics.... Total idiotic formula atleast for Qualifing.... It should be wins and than run rate.... Am confused.... Did india came 2nd even after beating both teams?

Your confusion seem right there. Your media saying exactly same thing which cricinfo say

16th Match, Super Eights, Group 2 - Australia v India (B1 v A2)

while according to point table it should be B1 vs A1 as boht India and Aus are at the top in their group A and B respectively

Points Table | ICC World Twenty20 2012 | ESPN Cricinfo
Fixtures, Schedule | ICC World Twenty20 2012 | ESPN Cricinfo

C1, D1, are not indicative of top teams in group C and D respectively.

They had pre-selected D1 to be in Group B (Super 8 Group B).

If the smaller team beat the bigger team then the smaller team would assume to code. For example if Bangladesh beat Pakistan with a sizeable margin to qualify out, they will become D1, regardless of NRR. D1 does not mean top team of Group D, its just a code.

C1, D1, are not indicative of top teams in group C and D respectively.

They had pre-selected D1 to be in Group B (Super 8 Group B).

If the smaller team beat the bigger team then the smaller team would assume to code. For example if Bangladesh beat Pakistan with a sizeable margin to qualify out, they will become D1, regardless of NRR. D1 does not mean top team of Group D, its just a code.
This code thing is complicated..they should have make it simple

This code thing is complicated..they should have make it simple

It's unfair too...

All top teams are stuck duking it out earlier on when they should have gotten the chance to go to the Semis

The top 4 in our side should have been the Semi finalists, now only 2 of them would be and they'd get an easy team in the Semis.

If stats are anything to go by (which they may not be, as its T20). The final will be also played by 2 teams from our group.

It's unfair too...

All top teams are stuck duking it out earlier on when they should have gotten the chance to go to the Semis

The top 4 in our side should have been the Semi finalists, now only 2 of them would be and they'd get an easy team in the Semis.

If stats are anything to go by (which they may not be, as its T20). The final will be also played by 2 teams from our group.

How bout a 2007 Repeat Final ? :)

this icc is full of corrupt people. they want which team to play final. they work on it and they had done it in this tournament as well.
here most porbably india pak or south africa qualify for the final. as Aussis are the weakest in this group. (surviving only on watson and warner) and as for india they also have a bit of weak bowling side( but with a very good betting side they are also a big threat) so Pakistan and south africa are IMO will Qualify.
from group b . sri lanka and england.

Back
Top Bottom