What's new

Pakistan will launch a two-seater version of JF-17 - Induction of JF-17B in 2017

Speaking of Engine, just refreshed my memory from 2012 or around when J-20 was progressing and I read it in the lines hence, trying to connect the dots as as much as possible. There are many reports w.r.t. new engine for JFT as RD-93MA was discussed a lot then we read about possible WS-10 or WS-13 but seeing the WS-13E powering FC-31, had an idea that may be engine is near finalizing and can be a possible contender for our JF-17s program but who knows. Saying that Pakistan was going to have an overhaul factory of Russian engine possibly so one can assume about RD-93MA as future engine for JF-17 but nothing credible yet in this regard. Waiting for the reply from @messiach that may shed some light as an attempt from my side to lighten up things as it has been very silent since many days. :-)
is messiach from air fforce or kamra???? btw ws13e cant fit in plus thunder cant resist the immense thrust it offers..and no rd-93ma as ws13 is coming upto expectations of officials according to some of my guys

is messiach from air fforce or kamra???? btw ws13e cant fit in plus thunder cant resist the immense thrust it offers..and no rd-93ma as ws13 is coming upto expectations of officials according to some of my guys

She is a credible person in this regard, all I can say.

Well, then I would love to hear about such updates through YOUR GUYS. how about details of WS-13 immense thrust that JFT can't bear so also, any solid reason for denial of RD-93MA? Not mentioning WS-10 in connection of JFT because it was not related around 2012.

I am not with CATIC anymore. One FC1 atleast has been flying wiith WS13 so expect WS13. PAF choice, i dont know.

Speaking of Engine, just refreshed my memory from 2012 or around when J-20 was progressing and I read it in the lines hence, trying to connect the dots as as much as possible. There are many reports w.r.t. new engine for JFT as RD-93MA was discussed a lot then we read about possible WS-10 or WS-13 but seeing the WS-13E powering FC-31, had an idea that may be engine is near finalizing and can be a possible contender for our JF-17s program but who knows. Saying that Pakistan was going to have an overhaul factory of Russian engine possibly so one can assume about RD-93MA as future engine for JF-17 but nothing credible yet in this regard. Waiting for the reply from @messiach that may shed some light as an attempt from my side to lighten up things as it has been very silent since many days. :-)

Last edited:

What about EJ-200/230 (with TVC) for JFT A/B??

I am not with CATIC anymore. One FC1 atleast has been flying wiith WS13 so expect WS13.

Can you share & compare performance of ws-13 with M-88-2, EJ-200 & RD-93MA??

Only thing I want a bubble canopy on this jet.. Like the king of the Kings F-16

What about EJ-200/230 (with TVC) for JFT A/B??

no ej plans for block 3..no idea for later blocks...forget ej230...if ever we go for rolls royce then they have only ej200 to offer plus thats what our airframe can bear

no ej plans for block 3..no idea for later blocks...forget ej230...if ever we go for rolls royce then they have only ej200 to offer plus thats what our airframe can bear

EJ230 is upgraded EJ200 with TVC, EJ200 is good but we need to built JFT with better materials to add life to air fame and making it lighter & stroger to allow more load.

She is a credible person in this regard, all I can say.

Well, then I would love to hear about such updates through YOUR GUYS. how about details of WS-13 immense thrust that JFT can't bear so also, any solid reason for denial of RD-93MA? Not mentioning WS-10 in connection of JFT because it was not related around 2012.
The stated thrust of WS13 E is not that great that JFT cannot handle it. It is allegedly a 90 KN engine which is what is slightly less than the current WS13 if I remember correctly. I think PAF will try out the WS13 against the RD93MA once it becomes available and will choose the one which serves its interests better. Mind you we are potentially talking upto 500 engines so the competition is going to be tough and PAF maybe in a situation to choose what it wants with regards to in house repair and overhauling and possibly small part manufacturing.
A

The stated thrust of WS13 E is not that great that JFT cannot handle it. It is allegedly a 90 KN engine which is what is slightly less than the current WS13 if I remember correctly. I think PAF will try out the WS13 against the RD93MA once it becomes available and will choose the one which serves its interests better. Mind you we are potentially talking upto 500 engines so the competition is going to be tough and PAF maybe in a situation to choose what it wants with regards to in house repair and overhauling and possibly small part manufacturing.
A

Perhaps use this as an opportunity for at least some TOT and local manufacture.

EJ230 is upgraded EJ200 with TVC, EJ200 is good but we need to built JFT with better materials to add life to air fame and making it lighter & stroger to allow more load.
do research on carbon honeycomb structure and that is what is being used on thunders now..it makes airframe extremely light as well as very strong and stretchy to some extent.....however EJ is not on cards for block 3 ...but given that turkey has been offered production line for EJ-200 , we can easily hint out that "IF" PAF has future plans for tfx or indigenous 5th gen to replace f16 then we can most probably go for EJ-230...and possibly EJ-200 for block 4 or 5..i dunno whether ej230 is 3d or 2d tvc..if 3d tvc then it all depends on paf's interests to equip it

A
no....chinese achieves 1.2 thrust to weight ratio on v2 prototype so definitely its not soo less thrust by one engine...my guess is between 100-110kn....however ws-13e has gearbox relocation most probably

OK. All of these have 8-9 stage compressors in H/L config. with annular combustors and two stage turbine. Average reheat thrust for these engines range from 100-110 kN. Bypass ratio - cold compression is 0.6 for all WS engines, its around 0.2-0.3 for european engines. Overall LP compressor stage amongst other things defines the performance characteristics of an engine. EJ-200 tops the list.

Last edited:
A

Good to hear from you as it has been a while.

Actually, our friend here stated as so I too wanted to know the thing if we missed at all. Interestingly, IMO, WS-13 and RD-93MA are coming for evaluation on the same hence, can expect tough competition and if Chinese Power Plant delivered what PAF expects and surprisingly better than Russian RD-93MA, I will be more happy to go with Chinese solution. The same will give us sense of security against sanctions, shortage or stop of after sale service but will also help a lot in-house overhauling solutions. ToT will be too early to say in this regard but by the time, things can be done that seems impossible at start. WS-13E is representing the future possible Chinese Engine for JFT. Also, reportedly, J-10 has been flying with WS-10x so we are looking at tooany development in this area and going to be interesting.

Also, expected Chinese Engine may also be termed as long time solution w.r.t. predicted NGF of PAF and such commonality is going to be not just flexible but affordable, easy maintaining and less stress of multiple types handling.

Rest about twin seat JF-17b, I am seeing the same around end of March or April most probably.

The Chinese Engine Options offer a nice alternative , we can maintain locally or develop.
It is suppose to have better performance , so the JF17 fighter jet will be able to perform better and carry more weapons

The Existing Russian engine also seems to be doing ok doing its intended job

So far the advance planning done by higher uppers of PAF have worked out well

JF17 , Block 3 = Wil come with the Chinese New Engine (Major improvement)
JF17 , Block 4 = Will happen no doubt but remains to be seen if Chinese engine will get more refined with years

It is common that a engine that is evolving it continues to grow over 4-5 years and a new variant is released. If that happens we will certainly see that integrated in Block 4.

Last edited:
The Chinese Engine Options offer a nice alternative , we can maintain locally or develop.
It is suppose to have better performance , so the JF17 fighter jet will be able to perform better and carry more weapons

The Existing Russian engine also seems to be doing ok doing its intended job

So far the advance planning done by higher uppers of PAF have worked out well

JF17 , Block 3 = Wil come with the Chinese New Engine (Major improvement)
JF17 , Block 4 = Will happen no doubt but remains to be seen if Chinese engine will get more refined with years

It is common that a engine that is evolving it continues to grow over 4-5 years and a new variant is released. If that happens we will certainly see that integrated in Block 4.

Blk 3 is not coming with Chinese enginr

Back
Top Bottom