What's new

Pakistan will buy fighter jets from Jordan, Russia, France

F16 /52 is the standard falcon in the USA arsenal . Thevisraeli Sufi is also a very advanced falcon ... Both these are mid fourth generation multi role platforms. Better range load radar and ew suites and jammers then earlier blocks

And the big one brand new airframes and engines....

These planes are as good as su30mki in the Indian fleet.

However the block 15/30 falcons are first generation f16s and are awesome dog fighters but nothing like block 52 falcon..further more the older Falcons have inferior avionics and worn out engines and airframes.

A mid life upgrade can be cheap or deep dive expensive its pak ability to finance a deep dive or cost effective simple solution.

My money is on a mlu. That's relative cost effective.

Giving pak a half way falcon between block 15 and block 52

You get what you pay in this world

Anything concrete yet or we are all guessing and quarrelling over nothing ?:lol:

Sir this infrastructure argument is just an excuse....Tell me one thing..aren't other countries procuring new platforms...e.g India...they are procuring Rafaels..so don't you think they will have to build that infrastructure to induct these planes...the rest of world is going for F35..don't they have to build it...
If we want to indct new planes then we have to build this structure...otherwise...the entire world will move to 5th to 6th generation plane ..let's say in next 100 yrs...and we will be still inducting F16s bcoz we don't want to build new infrastructure..that's just a baloney..utter nonsense
If we want to induct F31 in future..still we have to build infra...for it..or we should accept that F16 is the ultimate plane and we don't need any other platform in this world
no sir you don't understand my point, Pakistan is not rich country to go to the world shopping some topnotch plane as they want, its wise to to invest J-10c or J-10d, as my thought they focusing to build JF-17 as much as possible and upgrade it with latest avionics and other plane too and saving $$$$$$ for J-31 but your logic is also right it is my mistake thank you sir

On the Soft side...Complete the following Ghalib poetry missing words :what:
F-16 ka zikar kia tu nay ay Ham-nasheen
Aik terr maray Cenay ma mara kah ........ ..........??

Are there any possibilities of buying some old-in good condition SU-30s and MLU them in China?

Here's some spare su30mki lying around that pak can buy
Flankers.jpg

stick to your tried tested combo fleet of used f16 use mirage 5 and new thunders and younger brother f7

Single engine cheap to maintain ,,, cost effective air power over pak skies only

From where India ?
I think there are other sources, never thought about India, that is not a possibility!
Maybe more about SU27 than SU-30 though, Belaruss have retired about 21 of them in 2012
Or even from Russia who is still operating them, a lot are not upgraded yet, I am sure the price can be worked out..

Last edited:
Here's some spare su30mki lying around that pak can buy
Flankers.jpg

stick to your tried tested combo fleet of used f16 use mirage 5 and new thunders and younger brother f7

Single engine cheap to maintain ,,, cost effective air power over pak skies only

Use them to Increase the availability rate of it for IAF 40% of your fleet is grounded

Kindly name few who owns SU30 and wanted to sell.

Maybe more about SU-27 than SU-30 though, Belaruss have retired about 21 of them in 2012
Or even from Russia who is still operating them, a lot are not upgraded yet, I am sure the price can be worked out..

no sir you don't understand my point, Pakistan is not rich country to go to the world shopping some topnotch plane as they want, its wise to to invest J-10c or J-10d, as my thought they focusing to build JF-17 as much as possible and upgrade it with latest avionics and other plane too and saving $$$$$$ for J-31 but your logic is also right it is my mistake thank you sir
The question about is money is no doubt dependant on our economy..we need to improve it no argument about that.
But every time if u go for f16, stating that ,other aircraft will need a new infr...that is illogical
as u have mentioned that,..we should invest in J10...again it will require it's own infra.....
the thing is we should no be dependant on USA...and no matter how much we improve jf17..it will remain a light weight fighter..which does not fulfil our requirement completely....we need medium and heavys..for future

Maybe more about SU-27 than SU-30 though, Belaruss have retired about 21 of them in 2012
SU-30 is a nightmare in sense of maintenance, faulty fly by wire needs maintenance after very few flight hours. I don't think so Russia or any other operator could sell these jets.

Back
Top Bottom