What's new

Pakistan will buy fighter jets from Jordan, Russia, France

Pakistan must keep its distance from Yemen war and upcoming Iran trashing . We need not to be involved in whose is bigger contest. We need to put our house in order and tell others to F off

WTF is this comment---. You don't even know how to talk---what does this pervert comment got to do with the scenario---.

WTF is this comment---. You don't even know how to talk---what does this pervert comment got to do with the scenario---.

Seriously this is how you talk to your kids and grand kids??

Seriously this is how you talk to your kids and grand kids??

I don’t know how to talk?

You are an idiot who talks out of his *** most of the time and claims his *** his actually his mouth. You have no manners to participate in any discussion and you bull shit so much it makes my blood boil.

My “perverted” comment is no worse than you saying **** like an idiot.

My comments actually were referring to regional rivalries between Saudis/Qataris and Iranians and in no way was supposed to embarrass you....

Perhaps, but this is why I posted his video. Somebody better informed can shed some light on the capabilities of KLJ-7a AESA radar system.

IFF = YES
Quad TRM pack design = YES (allows the array to be more densely packed)
C-band line-of-sight = NO
Ku-band SATCOM datalinks active aperture technology* = NO
SIMULTANEOUS surface surveillance + airborne surveillance = ???
SIMULTANEOUS high performance tracking* + priority tracking = NO
High steering angle (90-120 degree) = ???

Information from independent sources:-

KLJ-7A is an X-band AESA radar designed as a replacement for the KLJ-7 on the JF-17 Block I fighter aircraft and the KLJ-7V2 on the Block II variant. It may also be installed on the FC-31 fifth-generation stealth fighter. Modes for the radar include multi-object targeting and multi-target engagement, and track while scan; it can also carry out ground moving target identification. According to reports, the radar can track 15 targets simultaneously and engage four. The radar was unveiled in 2016 but its current status is unclear. Frequency: X-band Weight: ≤120kg Range: 170km - SHEPHARD Handbook Issue 2

---

The KLJ-7A radar eliminates the former antenna and transmitter, preserves the latter’s control system and display system, and upgrades the processor. The radar is analogous to Raytheon AN/APG-63(V2) AESA radar. KLJ-7A incorporates the versatility, simplify logistics and reduce costs.

East Pendulum reported citing NRIET deputy director Wang Hongzhe that the KLJ-7A has a range of 170 km against aerial target with 3m² RCS (radar cross-section) or 200 km against aerial target with 5m² RCS. It can track 15 targets and engage four simultaneously. Though equipped with 1,000 TRMs, it is not known if the KLJ-7A's TRMs are built from gallium arsenide (GaA) or gallium nitride (GaN).

Link:
Probability of detection around 170 KM mark for a target (3 m^2) = 50% ??? or 90% ??? [Up-looking detection range for head-on target in ideal operating conditions ???]

Keep in mind following:

Detection range > Tracking range
Up-looking detection range > Down-looking detection range
Bad weather = degrading effect
EW = degrading effect

So many variables.
Having used X band and S band surface radars and ARPAs on Merchant ships my comments are that multi target tracking and scan while tracking is not a huge thing except the limited space to have all displayed and all necessary components. Targeting multiple aircraft or terrain and aircraft and or extended range are real outputs for judging the capability of the radar and hence the plane’s. In my experience X band or 3 cm wavelength radars do well to detect in clutter (cloud/rain) provided the clutter control is set up correctly (I never used auto mode( as per the intensity of precipitation).But those were surface radars (two dimensional) so planes have different results but certain wavelength characteristics are signature properties.

Hi,

Bull-shi-t---. Our muslim history is filled up with either siding with one or the other---.

Cowardice has no rewards---other than being slowly and gradually being singled out and then strangulaterd---.
Dear Mastan Bhai, I will give you a short tutorial on Muslim history, cant talk here.
But you do know that famous maxim, "Their learning from the history was not to learn from the history".
Stay healthy and well, Sir. Good to see you write even though I may disagree.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom