What's new

Pakistan will buy fighter jets from Jordan, Russia, France

It's pure economics and business, anyone will sell anything to anyone if you put the money on the table, all these years while india was dragging the deal, if we had thrown the money on the table for 36 jets, France would have agreed to sell

France and Russia will not sell offensive weapons to us. Our option remains the US and China but we have to pay for them with our own funds. no freebies.

Maybe some used mirages (2000-9) from france or with the accord of the latter.. Some used SU-30s or even Mig's (29 in good condition) from anyone with the accord of Russia..All as some sort of a stop gap for the next 5 to 8 years.. _The price should be good though_

Any nation..particularly Russia supplying advanced fighters to Pakistan will create a lot of regrets for the Americans...because it means a whole new strategy and above all..balance of power...

1. Each rafale costs $200 million each
2. That's 50% more than the F35 lightening 2.5 times the cost of a F16/52

USA offered 8 F16/52 to PAF for$600 million in total ie 75 million each But REFUSED to give you $400 MILLION in grant aid to buy them.
Both parties should adhere to the contract. USA backed off, so did Pakistan.

Because you don't have $600 million the deal for those 8 falcons is dead.....
Pakistan has 600million$ but the deal is dead because USA didnt pay what it had agreed to pay. Its more political than about money matters.

SO lets leave out why no Euro fighters why no rafale and why no SU35
No can do. because the GOP is saying it will pursue and buy.

" ONLY USED F16 block a/b or around 10 million each is the option now
To start with, thats an excellent option because all of these A and B are AM and BM.

War & peace which part of PAF and GOP have no money do you fail to understand.

tell me ???? which other nation buys second hand planes from Jordan.
Pakistan has no funds !!!!!!!!!!!!:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Its not about funds
you cannot comprehend that deals, agreements and contracts are made to be followed.

We will only get these 16 Second hand F-16's :P France and Russia Are just talks

Buying seconde habd crap from other countries is not called modernization sanna learn about moderanization look at indian air force ps I m a pakistani but reality is reality I can say f16 can beat rafale and su30 but its not true I m not even sure eould it be able to tackle mig29 and m2k

F16 is the most capable platform we have because the others are f7 and mirage lol andhon main kana rana

You might need to review what you said and who told you we are gonna buy second hand jets only F-16 would be second hand. The deal with France and Russia will not be for second hand jets? I feel you seriously needs to check IAF because I am a bit shocked to learn that IAF is a modernized force :D

Sir,

Pakistan air force is moderizing? o_O - I am blown away after reading this line.
and i don't know from where and how to start.

i am just speecless.

You might need to read vision 2030. These F-16, JF-17 block 3, dual seater etc are all part of modernization programme also known as vision 2030. What else you expect from a developing country other than this? The vision 2030 will make PAF a stronger and modern force in the world and will rank it in top 10 easily. Pakistan gonna replace 190 aircraft with modern day aircraft.

just because you paint a cow with gold paint doesn't magically turn it into gold. those jets by default will still inferior to US newer models.
Oh Bhai....When it will be upgraded with MID LIFE UPDATE KITS then how will it remain outdated.....America also converted its old fighters to latest blocks....!!

well what would you suggest? want to rely o uncle sam. want to but chinese kit which is not as good how about russain kit which spends as much time in the hanger then in the sky. the europeans are the only good option the italians are good partners the spaniards are good to even us the germans... heck they need the orders to keeps jobs going. remember the entirre typhoon projects supports about 100000 jobs so yeah orders are important. as for financing yeah sure but how much interest do you want? how does >5% sound (debt trap anyone) howabout asking china? can i have some money to buy stuff from someone else? then you have curruption from both sides. which jacks up the price. so what left thats european? dassault rafale no for obivous reasons gripen no need for it typhoon to expensive, political will what else. if you want somthing you can get it. besides even if you order it you wont get them til after 2021 at least unless to have a g2g deal and they prioritise theri jets for you. which will jack up the price which is what eygpt did. and by 2021 the j31 will be nearing developing and will be entering lrip.
Again, these are all those "other then money" issues that i was pointing too. :)
Cant understand what is the argument here?

those rust buckets are nowhere on par with b52 , how many years have they got before retirement ?
The difference will be in loitering time and weapons loading. The planes weill be MLUed so there will be 15yrs of life in them which is a good interim period for us. We can only buy that which we can afford.
A

Better no waste money in older Jordanian crap we r short on cash better utilise as much as we can on new and better jets

So we have 3 options-

1- Old F-16.
2- Rafale
3- Su-35

One is single engine low medium weight, other is dual engine medium weight and last is dual engine heavy weight. Who made this list of choices? Did they even consider the role of fighter they are looking for ? Or its just a hogwash for fanboys to later claim that we evaluate Rafale and Su-35 but then we went for old F-16. Window shopping?

And why China was excluded?

Last edited:
So we have 3 options-

1- Old F-16.
2- Rafale
3- Su-35

One is single engine low medium weight, other is single engine medium weight and last is dual engine heavy weight. Who made this list of choices? Did they even consider the role of fighter they are looking for ? Or its just a hogwash for fanboys to later claim that we evaluate Rafale and Su-35 but then we went for old F-16. Window shopping?

And why China was excluded?
Three options for what?

Back
Top Bottom