What's new

Pakistan will buy fighter jets from Jordan, Russia, France

The question about is money is no doubt dependant on our economy..we need to improve it no argument about that.
But every time if u go for f16, stating that ,other aircraft will need a new infr...that is illogical
as u have mentioned that,..we should invest in J10...again it will require it's own infra.....
the thing is we should no be dependant on USA...and no matter how much we improve jf17..it will remain a light weight fighter..which does not fulfil our requirement completely....we need medium and heavys..for future
remember sir F-16 started as a light weight fighter so why we can't make JF-17 medium weight

SU-30 is a nightmare in sense of maintenance, faulty fly by wire needs maintenance after very few flight hours. I don't think so Russia or any other operator could sell these jets.

I mean if there is a possibility of upgrading them in China!?
What about the SU-27s still in operation?

I mean if there is a possibility of upgrading them in China!?
What about the SU-27s still in operation?
Quite old tech and as per my info no program in Russia to upgrade them, I am not air force guy or sleuth so have very little knowledge keep on exploring best options, good luck.

Muhammad availbility of expensive war planes is intentional globally

Unless war is imment most operators of flankers f15 and other heavey expensive to operate fighters is around 70% globally.

No air power keeps 90 or 100% availability ..

to your surprise you will be shocked to learn that the f16 fleet of paf will be far lower than Indian su30 Mki.

Ask why su30 Mki is indengious parts assembled and maintained in India...

IN CONTRAST PAF RELYS 100% on USA for keeping Falcons afloat and ready

You don't assembly in Pakistan ....

To maj osmani

I can think of bigger nitemares than maintaining su30

How about flying fifty year old mirages or trying get spares for f16 during a war sceanrio.

Even worse trying to build a Air Force worthy of the name on a shoe string budget .

You see you can find issues with anything.

Do you know it takes three times the man hours to maintain a fifth generation fighter both before and after each flight. Over a standard su30 or f15 .

Fifth gen fighters have to have new ram coating after each flight ..

And yet Pakistanis want the j31 ...from China. In ten years time.

Ultimately its budgets gdp and wealth that is needed

Mirages have had their shot, they are expensive to upgrade and maintain and certainly not as versatile as the F-16s
Getting second hand F-16s and upgrading them is an ideal interim solution, while the induction of more JF-17s will continue to give us depth, in due course we can search for next gen options.
sir, mirage 3/5 and F-7 will be retired in this decade and in next decade most of the F-16s will be at their retirement and what will be left with us will be only JF-17...

sir, i heard that BAE is going to shutdown the production facility in 2018 because of lack of orders...

Quite old tech and as per my info no program in Russia to upgrade them, I am not air force guy or sleuth so have very little knowledge keep on exploring best options, good luck.
Russia has upgraded more than half of its SU-27 fleet... they are still in that process

remember sir F-16 started as a light weight fighter so why we can't make JF-17 medium weight
We are facin g delays in blk 3....and to be honest JF17 lacks a proper fire power and electronics required to make it best aircraft available today...e.g lack of targeting pod...and there are some other issues..u are surely well aware of them. So we first need to sort out those issues.
And seriously I don't think PAF and CAC will ever go to increase the air frame size....if you want that then there is J10 present..and if the ultimate goal of JF17 is to become J10..Then , this raises a serious question on decision making of PAF...i.e J10 was offered in Musharaf era..why didn't we got it then,...why waste a whole decade? and again...as we have inducted JF17...surely our pilots have spent time to learn it and some infrastructure is built for it....if we had inducted J10 ,10 years ago..all these questions had been taken care of by now???

In my personal opinion, if we are looking for some other jet...it must be a heavy....e.g SU35 but due to indian influence that might be difficult...A possible solution can be..if we use our diplomacy in right sense...then we can persuade Russia with the help of China to export J11 to Pak..After all..we are singing song of improved relations with Russia...the real success of this improvement will be if we can get either SU35 or J11.....otherwise buying 4 helicopters....not really a success...in my opinion...!!!

Kindly name few who owns SU30 and wanted to sell.

Sir,
If Congress can not agree to provide Pakistan directly still funding can be provided though foreign assistance to partner states. Many F-16 A&B will be available from the end of this year, these can be procured through Presidential order.

In 2 billion USD PAF could have 60-70 F-16's and get them MLU. There was a news recently of 70 MLU kits being procured through Turkey.

Maybe more about SU-27 than SU-30 though, Belaruss have retired about 21 of them in 2012
Or even from Russia who is still operating them, a lot are not upgraded yet, I am sure the price can be worked out..
Pls. read above.

Last edited:
Sir Germany is offering their SU-27's for sale as they have to keep the EFT up in the sky.

Germany doesn't and hasn't operated the SU-27. It did have a stock of MiG-29s after the reunification of East and West Germany, but those have since been sold - some to the US:

44b3a6975117d4d7fdb3dd9d8e90bdbf.jpg

MiG-29-Fulcrum-Farewell-USA-2003.jpg

German-MiG-29A-Fulcrum.jpg

Poland now operates Ex-German MiG-29s, having bought 22 for 1 Euro each.

mig39_logo.JPG

5_140.jpg

mig17_logo.JPG

mig67_logo.jpg

pair1_logo.jpg

Germany doesn't and hasn't operated the SU-27. It did have a stock of MiG-29s after the reunification of East and West Germany, but those have since been sold - some to the US:
Thanks for correcting.
Poland now operates Ex-German MiG-29s, having bought 22 for 1 Euro each.
That is what I call offer....

How come PAF missed this deal? @Horus

Sir,
If Congress can not agree to provide Pakistan directly still funding can be provided though foreign assistance to partner states. Many F-16 A&B will be available from the end of this year, these can be procured through Presidential order.

In 2 billion USD PAF could have 60-70 F-16's and get them MLU. There was a news recently of 70 MLU kits being procured through Turkey.

Pls. read above.
I think the the F-16 deal is a good idea, provided the the $2 billion will be available and who is going to be the next US president..

Thanks for correcting.

That is what I call offer....

How come PAF missed this deal? @Horus
Internal NATO deal, most probably..

Major Russian defense companies are under black-list by USA-West.

So what do you think f-7s and mig-21s are? equally difficult to make out at low level from ground clutter
yes you are right but those are not capable of firing BVRs so their small size is meaningless as they will have to reach within visual range. Also it is not the size that's important is but the rcs and i am sure JF-17 being a modern aircraft has by far the better rcs than those very old planes.

Last edited:
sir, mirage 3/5 and F-7 will be retired in this decade and in next decade most of the F-16s will be at their retirement and what will be left with us will be only JF-17...

sir, i heard that BAE is going to shutdown the production facility in 2018 because of lack of orders...
really ? who knew

Back
Top Bottom