What's new

Pakistan will buy fighter jets from Jordan, Russia, France

If Pakistan can buy new jets from other country then why she can't pay for 8 F16?
Because the deal between Pakistan and USA stated that a certain amount needed to be paid by both parties.
USA broke the deal by pressurising Pakistan to pay the full amount. Pakistan didnt fall to USA pressure and wisely backed off.

YOU JUST HIT THE NAIL ON ITS HEAD BROTHER.

You have no idea whats going on around you.

Because the deal between Pakistan and USA stated that a certain amount needed to be paid by both parties.
USA broke the deal by pressurising Pakistan to pay the full amount. Pakistan didnt fall to USA pressure and wisely backed off.

You have no idea whats going on around you.

Then explain me what is happening around ME ?? LOLZ Be my guest

For the Old F-16, again you need the help of the US OEM which will give the permission to upgrade, whether by Turkish OEM or elsewhere and will provide the Upgrade Kit. Forget about any change of even a bolt or nut without the approval of the respective OEM.

Then explain me what is happening around ME ?? LOLZ Be my guest

For the Old F-16, again you need the help of the US OEM which will give the permission to upgrade, whether by Turkish OEM or elsewhere and will provide the Upgrade Kit. Forget about any change of even a bolt or nut without the approval of the respective OEM.
US permission is there in both instances, new F-16 C/D and also RJAF F-16 AM/BM.

If Pakistan can buy new jets from other country then why she can't pay for 8 F16?
Maybe because those used F-16s cost a lot less than new F-16s?

Some are raising the issue of Pakistan needing U.S. permission to buy used F-16s from third parties. This is true, but this isn't actually the issue of the day. Pakistan got approval to buy new F-16s, it just didn't want to pay the full amount for them. In other words, the F-16 deal collapsed due to the dispute over FMF, not because the U.S. didn't agree to sell F-16s.

To put it simply, Pakistan shouldn't have any regulatory trouble from the U.S. in terms of buying used F-16s from Jordan or elsewhere. Heck, it could even go and ask for surplus Block-32s from the U.S. The real issue is going to come from getting approval for an upgrade package that one-ups the MLU. At this point the PAF will probably be keeping its eye on the F-16V upgrade, that would be a nice upgrade to have in addition to a SLEP on old airframes.

Maybe because those used F-16s cost a lot less than new F-16s?

Some are raising the issue of Pakistan needing U.S. permission to buy used F-16s from third parties. This is true, but this isn't actually the issue of the day. Pakistan got approval to buy new F-16s, it just didn't want to pay the full amount for them. In other words, the F-16 deal collapsed due to the dispute over FMF, not because the U.S. didn't agree to sell F-16s.

To put it simply, Pakistan shouldn't have any regulatory trouble from the U.S. in terms of buying used F-16s from Jordan or elsewhere. Heck, it could even go and ask for surplus Block-32s from the U.S. The real issue is going to come from getting approval for an upgrade package that one-ups the MLU. At this point the PAF will probably be keeping its eye on the F-16V upgrade, that would be a nice upgrade to have in addition to a SLEP on old airframes.
F-16V?
You suggesting this for the entire fleet including the recently MLUed ones or just the possible new ones?

By the way,, what exactly is the status of MLU upgrades? Some of our planes were planed for STAR. What happened? are both those projects complete or how many planes are remaining?
@araz @Horus

Hey

If you follow the link you have given, in the announcement section, it is written that the Jordanians are looking to sell 15 F-16 M3 aircraft's. Do you think its these 15 that the PAF is looking to buy?
EDIT: Also, just would like to add some information that i copied from the word doc present in that section:
· Aircraft are modified (MLU, Falcon up and Falcon Star).

· F100 – PW – 220 Installed on all aircraft.

Do not drag F16 in every post please.
if we talk about only jf17, so still we are looking for its upgradations and no one knows what will happen next.
These useless guys couldn't even select the targeting pod and radar for blk 3 so when do you think blk 3 will be in PAF?
forget about it. when do you expect to raise the number for jets 100?

ask our Superiors to not play with your nation. do something before we get F**kd.
its is my personal opinion and what you talking about you think PAF think tank are insane, and how do you get those news about JF-17 ARE YOU IN PAF ? 200+ JF-17 will be inducted by PAF in my opinion to replace all F-7 and Mirages

Remember Indian did opposition before the transfer of AL31 engine to China. But , Chinese offer was so lucrative Russians unable to refused them. Now they have AL31 Sat in their inventory. Same engine in Indian upgraded SU30 top of the line aircraft. Chinese love to redraw lines in other business ethics ....its call Chinese way.
Then why don't you guys buy from China?

Then why don't you guys buy from China?
Third party sanction.

Hey

If you follow the link you have given, in the announcement section, it is written that the Jordanians are looking to sell 15 F-16 M3 aircraft's. Do you think its these 15 that the PAF is looking to buy?
EDIT: Also, just would like to add some information that i copied from the word doc present in that section:
· Aircraft are modified (MLU, Falcon up and Falcon Star).

· F100 – PW – 220 Installed on all aircraft.
May be...I am not sure. Most probably , PAF will go for fully operation F16 and don't want to pay upgrade cost later.

I mean why can't you guys jus buy j10 or j11 from china?
Chinese don't have stable engine for these planes ..yet...AL31 best engine in the market with lots of room for modifications.

The latest J series flankers are good choice.

J-10 doesn't offer much ... It's equal to F-16.. And Pak seems to more interested in a long range platform for maritime security..
Yes flankers are the best option for PAF....considering the budget....but I'm not sure paf will go for it....desi's love western maal!

Yes flankers are the best option for PAF....considering the budget....but I'm not sure paf will go for it....desi's love western maal!

Not true in our case .. Most of our purchases are from the domestic suppliers.. Worth billions each years.

The flankers or long endurance fighters are nessecary because even though JF has been integrated with ASMs etc it remains a relatively short legged aircraft until or unless block III comes with a solution like CFTs.. Mere IFR (which is there) can't provide it much room.. Meanwhile our F-16s lack a refueller .. While the IL-78 MIDAS can only refuel Mirages and JFs due to its refuelling system (not compatible with the F-16s)..

Back
Top Bottom