What's new

Pakistan will buy fighter jets from Jordan, Russia, France

JF17 is passing through development stage and main purpose of it was and is of Air defense first, for which it is quite capable even now with combination of our Chinese Awacs. Now secondary purpose of JF17 is ground attack for which it is still quite capable being light weight. You can't change it into long range fighter bomber though in future it;s payload and endurance may be improved. Now the respectable members should check it's main role than curse it and PAF.

The J10 fighter still facing engine and system faults. May be China can afford such jets in large numbers but PAF with relatively limited numbers can't afford such fighter though now it has Aesa and Irst.

In case of Su35 all flanker related issues are mostly resolved, though it is expensive yet PAF may induct it in small batches for deep strike missions.

F-16V?
You suggesting this for the entire fleet including the recently MLUed ones or just the possible new ones?

By the way,, what exactly is the status of MLU upgrades? Some of our planes were planed for STAR. What happened? are both those projects complete or how many planes are remaining?
@araz @Horus
The MLU for the Peace Gate F-16s was completed a while ago - around 45 planes in total. All that remain are the 13 ex-RJAF F-16 Block-15ADFs and the 14 ex-RJAF F-16s we're in the process of buying right now.

As for the F-16V. From what I can see, the upgrade just sits in the AESA radar, much of everything else is the same. Granted, the radar isn't cheap ($10-15 million a pop), but when you consider that a SLEP + V (radar and avionics) update would cost around $20-25 million a unit, that isn't bad in the big scheme of things. For $1.5bn you could get 18 Block-52+, or you can get your entire F-16 fleet refreshed and equipped with an AESA radar.

Pakistan is in talks with Turkey right now to undertake an upgrade of 74 F-16s. TAI is of the understanding right now that the scope would be as big as the MLU, which I guess would at least involve SLEP. However, if your chances of another fighter type before 2025 are not great, then I'd imagine the F-16V is on the PAF's cards too. Sadly, this is something that will depend on U.S. approval.

All that remain are the 13 ex-RJAF F-16 Block-15ADFs and the 14 ex-RJAF F-16s we're in the process of buying right now.

What was point of buying 13 F16 before and 14 F16 now? Why not 14 each? or 16 each?
Plus, do you have any detail about contract money and time line of delivery?

What was point of buying 13 F16 before and 14 F16 now? Why not 14 each? or 16 each?
I don't know why the numbers are being bought in that order. I don't know anything about money and time of delivery except that TAI believes the cost of implementing the upgrade on Pakistan's F-16s (not to be confused with the kits) could be $100m.

These are being offered. It is similar to go shopping in a market and hey tell you they only have 13 PAF cups. The next time you go there they tell you they have 14 PAF cups to sell. You have a requirement of 30 you say to your self we can get these 14 today and look for others at some other shop tomorrow.

Pakistan is in talks with Turkey right now to undertake an upgrade of 74 F-16s. TAI is of the understanding right now that the scope would be as big as the MLU, which I guess would at least involve SLEP. However, if your chances of another fighter type before 2025 are not great, then I'd imagine the F-16V is on the PAF's cards too. Sadly, this is something that will depend on U.S. approval.
Any chances the AESA radar could be Turkish.?

Vision 2020 is a part of vision 2030. We are not going to lose, we are going to replace 190 old aircraft with modern ones. F-16 from Jordan won't be that much old which we used to have and I guess it will be block 52 and we are also going to upgrade our F-16s from turkey.

Secondly Fighter jets from Russia and France will be in the next year i guess, because this year will be for JF-17 dual seater and F-16s our a few another Mi-35.
JF-17, I know is not equal to F-16, Su-35 or dassault but for a developing economy like us, its great and it is gradually become more powerful and successful. Jf-17 is better than those tejas. I am very optimistic that JF-17 block 3 which will be inducted next year will be equal to f-16 block 52 which PAF was trying to get from USA or at least will be very close to it and it best suits our needs. Till 2020 with the induction of Jf-17 block 3, Sukhoi Su-35, Dassault, F-16 and up-gradation of existing aircrafts PAF will become better than IAF in quality.

My point was that PAF till 2020 will be much powerful compare to today.

Cheers mate!

Sir,
i really like you post - but! can we have the link where did you get this info that we we will above mentioned fleet by 2020?
any source/link?
Hum bhi thora sa khush ho jayen bhai. because your above mentioned fleet is really awesome but
i think its just a dream unless we see it with Our flag mark.

and if i question for the comparision or quality and who's better, so i will keep my comment safe for future. :P

its is my personal opinion and what you talking about you think PAF think tank are insane, and how do you get those news about JF-17 ARE YOU IN PAF ? 200+ JF-17 will be inducted by PAF in my opinion to replace all F-7 and Mirages

Dear,
whatever i said in my most i right - i know truth hurts but i can not lie atleast to myself. that we have mightiest force blah blah.
And if we talk about JF17, when we will have 200 jf17 than will talk more about it.
as of now we just have 62 jf17 and not enough to fill the huge gap. so relax and wait for the right time.

Take care

Sir,
i really like you post - but! can we have the link where did you get this info that we we will above mentioned fleet by 2020?
any source/link?
Hum bhi thora sa khush ho jayen bhai. because your above mentioned fleet is really awesome but
i think its just a dream unless we see it with Our flag mark.

and if i question for the comparision or quality and who's better, so i will keep my comment safe for future. :P

Dear,
whatever i said in my most i right - i know truth hurts but i can not lie atleast to myself. that we have mightiest force blah blah.
And if we talk about JF17, when we will have 200 jf17 than will talk more about it.
as of now we just have 62 jf17 and not enough to fill the huge gap. so relax and wait for the right time.

Take care
sir
these are just your assumptions and wishful thinking of yours,are you better than PAF think tank? i don't say that anything about armed forces mightiest but your opinion:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::blah::blah::blah:

sir
these are just your assumptions and wishful thinking of yours,are you better than PAF think tank? i don't say that anything about armed forces mightiest but your opinion:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::blah::blah::blah:

Hi,
Think tank? what are you talking about? PAF think tank?
do they really have someting called (think, understand and action)?!

they were good in 1965/71.
that was past - Reality. and reality is we are losing by huge gap as well as quality.
whole world is moving on and our PAF is still stuck with F16.

and when we (here) talk about any new plateform so only one issue said "money, new infrastructure and bla bla" :hitwall::hitwall:
so what do you think where are we? what are we?

Sir, think practically!

and yes i didn't say i think better than Our PAF. so no need to get angry. do not hurt yourself Sir :-)

Vision 2020 is a part of vision 2030. We are not going to lose, we are going to replace 190 old aircraft with modern ones. F-16 from Jordan won't be that much old which we used to have and I guess it will be block 52 and we are also going to upgrade our F-16s from turkey.

Secondly Fighter jets from Russia and France will be in the next year i guess, because this year will be for JF-17 dual seater and F-16s our a few another Mi-35.
JF-17, I know is not equal to F-16, Su-35 or dassault but for a developing economy like us, its great and it is gradually become more powerful and successful. Jf-17 is better than those tejas. I am very optimistic that JF-17 block 3 which will be inducted next year will be equal to f-16 block 52 which PAF was trying to get from USA or at least will be very close to it and it best suits our needs. Till 2020 with the induction of Jf-17 block 3, Sukhoi Su-35, Dassault, F-16 and up-gradation of existing aircrafts PAF will become better than IAF in quality.

My point was that PAF till 2020 will be much powerful compare to today.

Cheers mate!

Which aircraft does PAF considering or going to Induct from. Dassault and Russia..
please enlighten me.. how come PAF going to get these bird within 3/4 years..

Hi,
Think tank? what are you talking about? PAF think tank?
do they really have someting called (think, understand and action)?!

they were good in 1965/71.
that was past - Reality. and reality is we are losing by huge gap as well as quality.
whole world is moving on and our PAF is still stuck with F16.

and when we (here) talk about any new plateform so only one issue said "money, new infrastructure and bla bla" :hitwall::hitwall:
so what do you think where are we? what are we?

Sir, think practically!

and yes i didn't say i think better than Our PAF. so no need to get angry. do not hurt yourself Sir :-)
sir just stay calm, i think PAF will saving money for upgradation of JF-17 in blk3-4 and than directly go for 5th gen fighter like J-31 or TFX

These are being offered. It is similar to go shopping in a market and hey tell you they only have 13 PAF cups. The next time you go there they tell you they have 14 PAF cups to sell. You have a requirement of 30 you say to your self we can get these 14 today and look for others at some other shop tomorrow.
.?

Hi,

It is terrible when you have to explain these small things.

in the next interview with the ACM he will say that he's still optimistic the US will sell F-16s

Any chances the AESA radar could be Turkish.?
I don't know, but the Turkish AESA radar is still a few years out, and the U.S. would have to approve of letting Aselsan take away a potential market for Northrop. So, I doubt it.

The difference will be in loitering time and weapons loading. The planes weill be MLUed so there will be 15yrs of life in them which is a good interim period for us. We can only buy that which we can afford.
A
FINALLY!!! Sanity on this thread. Thank You!!!

Back
Top Bottom