What's new

Pakistan will buy fighter jets from Jordan, Russia, France

PAF (should) consider Block 70/72 - most advanced 4++ generation combat aircraft in existence at present, very close to providing 5th generation warfighting capabilities (avionics + sensor systems).

Americans have sanctioned Pakistan, ergo lack of delivery of AH-1Z heli's and you want Pakistan to throw more good money after bad?

Son,

Hi,

If deal happens---those who were fighting tooth and nail that pakistan had no funds for weapons---may want to put a rope around their necks---.

I think there is a lot of misconception about 'funding' since a lot of people refuse to think outside the box. The fact of the matter is that countries like China and many others NEVER openly tells the TRUE $Dollar figure of their defence budgets. Pakistan is no different. In fact I can comfortably say that Pak military is probably one of the most secretive when it comes to defence budgets, and Pak military only partially depends on the Pak government for funding. They have their own sources to generate revenue.

PAF (should) consider Block 70/72 - most advanced 4++ generation combat aircraft in existence at present, very close to providing 5th generation warfighting capabilities (avionics + sensor systems).
Bro... I feel you.
PAF should get more F-16's i.e older blocks and upgrade them with Turkish AESA. On the other hand get USA and Turkey to negotiate on F35's. Turkey is most likely not going to get the aircraft she has ordered so if those aircraft can be delivered to PAF on deferred payments to Turkey would really be a crown.

We have not paid for AH-1z gunships.

Hi,

Yes we have----in lost time---lost capability---lost training---.

This is a bigger loss than money when you go to war and you don't have the weapon that you were supposed to have years ago due to sanctions---.

Why is it so difficult for young people to understand that---.

Last edited:
Bro... I feel you.
PAF should get more F-16's i.e older blocks and upgrade them with Turkish AESA. On the other hand get USA and Turkey to negotiate on F35's. Turkey is most likely not going to get the aircraft she has ordered so if those aircraft can be delivered to PAF on deferred payments to Turkey would really be a crown.
If Turkey is not getting them you think PAF can get them? This highly unlikely if not impossible in the current World scenario.
Please look around read the news and feel mood in US.

We have not paid for AH-1z gunships.
50 million were paid by Pakistan

Atleast 54 of them with current blk 52 upgrade

Pakistan can pick up Vipers and F16s anytime we want. Ofcourse Americans expect us to pay for them not in dollars but getting Talibans to agree to ceasefire and sit down with Afghan government and negotiate. Americans don’t give a shit about what they do after they sit down. They will declare victory and leave and after their cup of tea is over Afghans will grab each others throat in no time.

Pakistan has to get over F 16 i do t know whay oaf has stupid dilemma of f 16 we should buy SU 35 and what option are from france absolitely none
Su-30 MKI failed to achieve anything on February 27, 2019 due to F-16 MLU providing cover to JF-17 Thunder variants when the latter took on MiG-21 Bison.

Quality is a very important consideration in the end.

Block 70/72 will provide PAF the capability to deal with Rafale F3R in the future.

50 million were paid by Pakistan
For 12?

Bro... I feel you.

That's the spirit very positive thinking. Do you even know the mood on the capital hill about Pakistan? If US was not stuck in Afghanistan we would have been declared terrorist state by now. As soon as Afghanistan headache is gone for US watch out what excuses they are going come up with, to give us a hard time. Its definitely not a good idea to buy anything from the US for a foreseeable future unless and until something goes wrong with indo US bilateral relations. India with the help of Israel is sitting in the US lap and no intention of getting off any time soon. If its up to me I even get rid of the current fleet of F16 and replace it with any thing close enough or better then to that plane. US is holding back the fire thanks to the Taliban as US needs our help, after that we will see the real US feelings for us. The short window we have got till US leaves Afghanistan, we need to focus on to build alliances, improve economy and have some firepower of our own for deterrence.

Hi,

Yes we have----in lost time---lost capability---lost training---.

This is a bigger loss than money when you go to war and you don't have the weapon that you were supposed to have years ago due to sanctions---.

For this once , I must say I agree with you @MastanKhan sahab .

Su-30 MKI failed to achieve anything on February 27, 2019 due to F-16 MLU providing cover to JF-17 Thunder variants when the latter took on MiG-21 Bison.

Block 70/72 will provide PAF the capability to deal with Rafale F3R in the future.

For 12?
As down payment not sure for missiles or 15 helos and one set of spare engines. The package was about 990 million including missiles, 15 helos and 1 spare engine.
What was the source of 50 million I do not know was it from a fund or direct payment by Pakistan.

Last edited:

For 12?
Eaxcat I feel JF17 needs blk 70 compliments to deal Rafale threat. 53 blk 70 along 18 52 upgrade will be very good combo to deal Rafale threat along Aim C7 and Aim 9x. We still need US compliment to deal IAF.

Eaxcat I feel JF17 needs blk 70 compliments to deal Rafale threat. 53 blk 70 along 18 52 upgrade will be very good combo to deal Rafale threat along Aim C7 and Aim 9x. We still need US compliment to deal IAF.

Blk 3 shares many subsystems from J-10C, which means that it will hold its ground against Rafale. Not to mention that Warnes has confirmed that it will also have a fresh weapon suite including HOBS.

Last edited:
Blk 3 shares many subsystems from J-10C, which means that it will its ground against Rafale. Not to mention that Warnes has confirmed that it will also have a fresh weapon suite including HOBS.
Me and @LeGenD Beleive that we still need to engage US and F16 is a corner stone in that regard we should lobby for blk 70 with that we don't need any third type platform continue with F16 JF17 combo and look for 5th Gen in future

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom