What's new

Pakistan vs South Africa: 2 T20s, 5 ODIs & 2 Tests

That was the biggest mistake committed by fawad, Despite his batting tonight still I believe he doesn't have place in first 15.

Match came to this point by some non South African fielding standard displayed in last few overs. Still Pakistani team was extremely lucky to lose by only two runs :frown:

but looking at his 50, his performance is well above as you say, top 15??, many batsmen have not been performing, but fawad made close fifty and rescued the game yesterday and he did the same thing today, with some little common sense, this guy even without hitting a boundary would have brought the match home, but he is young and has not got too much chance to learn, PCB is too eager to give the game to the same tried flopped players like hafeez, and giving less chance for other talented players to develop and settle and win matches.

if looked closely fawad has the same ability as of muhammad yusuf and this i can say with guarentee..

but looking at his 50, his performance is well above as you say, top 15??, many batsmen have not been performing, but fawad made close fifty and rescued the game yesterday and he did the same thing today, with some little common sense, this guy even without hitting a boundary would have brought the match home, but he is young and has not got too much chance to learn, PCB is too eager to give the game to the same tried flopped players like hafeez, and giving less chance for other talented players to develop and settle and win matches.

if looked closely fawad has the same ability as of muhammad yusuf and this i can say with guarentee..

If any place I find for Fawad Alam is,

That has to be an opening or at number 3.
Fawad is simply not a good ODI/T-20 batsmen due to lack of powers in his shoulders

He is good for test matches and needs to be groomed at this level
But for now i would say, he is good in taking singles or doubles but if he can't hit a boundary at a given time - He is simply not an ODI material

oh yeah at the same we must appreciate the calmness of Hashim Amla
what a golden/bestowed player he is

Never gets frustrated, while he is on the crease - he knows what he is doing
He has a total control of his bat and hardly does any mistake

He is a genuine and I would say one of the few complete batsmen in the world

True, that guy is a MONK.... he is what every batsmen should aim to become, In India we could not get him out in 3 innings :cheers::cheers:

Waise Akhtar is back congrats for that...

True, that guy is a MONK.... he is what every batsmen should aim to become, In India we could not get him out in 3 innings :cheers::cheers:

Waise Akhtar is back congrats for that...

Akhtar is back since long time now,
But the good news is...He is performing consistently and content in the task given to him

t-20 is a very different format as compared to ODI, in ODI one can have players who can cooly and calmly proceed the score and inspite of making less runs then playing deliveries, u r right that fawad has been given bad place, he must open or bat 3rd place, but in two matches fawad has been consistent and he has second best average second only to razzaq..(i didnt watch the first game)

Lets look at the complete batsmen list around the world (in current ODI squads

Australia got
1) Ricky Ponting as a genuine batsmen
Hussey is also close - but i would say he still gotta learn a lot

India
1) Tendulkar, Dhoni
nobody else at the moment

3) Sri Lanka
Jayawardene, Sangakara

4) South Africa
Amla, Smith
nobody else in my opinion

5) England
Pieterson - but is out of form
Morgan looks good but way to go - for him to be called a complete batsmen

6) Pakistan
Nobody or perhaps Younis Khan is close

7) West Indies
Nobody

8) Bangladesh
Nobody

Batting of Ponting, Dhoni, Smith, Younis, Hussey, Pieterson has gone to dogs. Younis was never a good ODI batsmen, averages around 30. Good test player though. Ponting, Hussey are on decline in all forms of cricket. Calls for retirement. Smith too averages around 27~ in 2009-2010.

Best ODI player from India is Suresh Raina.

Dont forget AB de Villiers, he too has scored 5 100s in 2010, averages 85+ in 2010.

Batting of Ponting, Dhoni, Smith, Younis, Hussey, Pieterson has gone to dogs. Younis was never a good ODI batsmen, averages around 30. Good test player though. Ponting, Hussey are on decline in all forms of cricket. Calls for retirement. Smith too averages around 27~ in 2009-2010.
No I am talking about the complete batsmen and nobody can deny about the players I mentioned before

Younis i said is close because he has all the abilities to be called a complete batsmen as the real form of cricket is Test where he has proved his worth already

He just could not capitalize much in an ODI although he was great in T-20 tournaments too
Best ODI player from India is Suresh Raina.

Dont forget AB de Villiers, he too has scored 5 100s in 2010, averages 85+ vs Amla's 60 in 2010.

no i disagree
They are performing players

they are way to go - if you are to call them as a Genuine or complete batsmen

India
1) Tendulkar, Dhoni
nobody else at the moment

Raina.:agree:

Anyways I am hoping Pakistan gets into form before the WorldCup.

We should bring back the cup to this part of the World from Down Under.

Raina.:agree:

Anyways I am hoping Pakistan gets into form before the WorldCup.

We should bring back the cup to this part of the World from Down Under.
Like I said before, I am not talking about the performing batsmen

There is a different between Good batsmen and a Legend
Here I am talking about the complete batsmen who has a total control of his bat

and at the moment, I don't think Raina qualifies for this class...He is good, but not excellent in my eyes

PS: I ignored many quality players while making the list, so do look at the list once again if you are to disagree with me

Like I said before, I am not talking about the performing batsmen

There is a different between Good batsmen and a Legend
Here I am talking about the complete batsmen who has a total control of his bat

hmmm...but you left out two legends - Nawab of Najafgarh -Virender Sehwag and Mohammed Yousef

Back
Top Bottom