What's new

Pakistan vs South Africa: 2 T20s, 5 ODIs & 2 Tests

What ever guys, the team played very well and the match was a fair one!

but looking at his 50, his performance is well above as you say, top 15??, many batsmen have not been performing, but fawad made close fifty and rescued the game yesterday and he did the same thing today, with some little common sense, this guy even without hitting a boundary would have brought the match home, but he is young and has not got too much chance to learn, PCB is too eager to give the game to the same tried flopped players like hafeez, and giving less chance for other talented players to develop and settle and win matches.

if looked closely fawad has the same ability as of muhammad yusuf and this i can say with guarentee..

For God sake U-571 don't compare him with Muhammad Yousaf, I think by comparing two you are insulting Yousaf. Had Yousaf played for any country I would have enjoyed his game. Elegant, stylish, so easy going, great timer of ball and consistent batsman and Fawad who cannot place ball in gaps, needs power down to his *** for clearing boundary, seriously lacks sense , he took 1 run and let Ajmal waste ball and then wicket. It was Wahab who made a match out of it. But this guy could not take 28 runs in 24 balls, During these three overs he was dropped twice.

Once I saw this guy for the first time I thought he would be some thing like Michel Beven who would take quick singles and doubles and remains close to run a ball but its very hard for this boy to pierce through 30 meter circle.

Yes the guy is good fielder.

I think Asim Kamal despite in mid thirties is far better batsman.

Akhtar is back since long time now,
But the good news is...He is performing consistently and content in the task given to him

The good thing about him is that he regained fitness and playing with very good attitude.

For God sake U-571 don't compare him with Muhammad Yousaf, I think by comparing two you are insulting Yousaf. Had Yousaf played for any country I would have enjoyed his game. Elegant, stylish, so easy going, great timer of ball and consistent batsman and Fawad who cannot place ball in gaps, needs power down to his *** for clearing boundary, seriously lacks sense , he took 1 run and let Ajmal waste ball and then wicket. It was Wahab who made a match out of it. But this guy could not take 28 runs in 24 balls, During these three overs he was dropped twice.

Once I saw this guy for the first time I thought he would be some thing like Michel Beven who would take quick singles and doubles and remains close to run a ball but its very hard for this boy to pierce through 30 meter circle.

Yes the guy is good fielder.

I think Asim Kamal despite in mid thirties is far better batsman.

Quite agreed !!

t-20 is a very different format as compared to ODI, in ODI one can have players who can cooly and calmly proceed the score and inspite of making less runs then playing deliveries, u r right that fawad has been given bad place, he must open or bat 3rd place, but in two matches fawad has been consistent and he has second best average second only to razzaq..(i didnt watch the first game)

Sir number 3 is supposed to be the best batsman of team. He should be technically perfect and mentally strong, a batsman who should have all gears.

To me averages doesn't mean much for low order batsman, making 3 runs in a over when your team needs 7, is no big deal because other team doesn't mind singles they worry about boundaries.

Hi,

Even though Fawad Alam scored 50 plus in this ODI---pakistan lost due to his inconsistency---lack of take charge attitude----lack of leading from the front.

He should have done what Razzaq did in the first last ODI---do not take singles and expose the tail ender unless it is the last ball of the over----Fawad continuously kept doing that.

It surprised me about his tactics.

Secondly---Shoaib Akhtar should have been sent ahead of Saeed Ajmal---. Akhtar is a great striker of the ball as compared to Ajmal----pakistan has sent in Ajmal ahead to Akhtar a few times in a tight spot and Ajmal has failed.

Lastly----Razzaq was on a high since his last game---he should have been sent as an opener---we already know that our openers will fail us 99% of the time---so the gamble would not have cost us much if it failed---.

Pakistan needs men who can strike the ball out of the ground a few times, after scoring 50 runs---there are one too many boys in the team.

What it seems like that the pak captain and manager and coach stop thinking when the game is in progress----they stop making adjustments and changes when the sh-it hits the fan---when their is an urgent need for change and take charge--lead from the front---it is left upto an individual to decide what he does.

There is no ingenuity except for the scoop that Misbah ul Haq plays and keeps getting out and costs us the championship and match----.

Last edited:
Hi,

Even though Fawad Alam scored 50 plus in this ODI---pakistan lost due to his inconsistency---lack of take charge attitude----lack of leading from the front.

He should have done what Razzaq did in the first last ODI---do not take singles and expose the tail ender unless it is the last ball of the over----Fawad continuously kept doing that.

It surprised me about his tactics.

Secondly---Shoaib Akhtar should have been sent ahead of Saeed Ajmal---. Akhtar is a great striker of the ball as compared to Ajmal----pakistan has sent in Ajmal ahead to Akhtar a few times in a tight spot and Ajmal has failed.

Lastly----Razzaq was on a high since his last game---he should have been sent as an opener---we already know that our openers will fail us 99% of the time---so the gamble would not have cost us much if it failed---.

Pakistan needs men who can strike the ball out of the ground a few times, after scoring 50 runs---there are one too many boys in the team.

Very right. As far as Fawad is concerned he lack capability and Ajmal has proved it repeatedly that he is weak in sustaining pressure, he failed to sustain in bowling repeatedly and in batting too. Death overs of batting and bowling are always a pressure game.

1101091663-1.jpg

Pakistani team practising the volley ball as it is most important to have some know how about the volley ball game in cricket. just kidding

Pakistani team has been alot due to ICC bull crap , so obviously great to see them relax and enjoy themsleves -

We are in recovery phase and need 2-3 new bowlers to emerge

Match to be started at 1500 Dubai, 1400 KSA time, 1100 GMT

Pakistan bowling well but fielding is not up to the mark specially Shoaib.
SA 139/2 in 28.3

Smith gone.
stick to screen
Middle overs are about to end SA has scored about 150 in 30 overs. As per general principle they should make 300. Real fire works or crash is awaited in coming few overs

Back
Top Bottom