What's new

Pakistan vs Australia - T20 World Cup Semi Final

This game I saw a new tactic from Australian Batsmen against Imad , as they kept "faking" their shoulder before Imad or any Spinner (Hafeez) were about to throw their bow. It was almost like how boxers move their shoulders side/side

I think one of the reason why the ball slipped from Hafeez's hand is due to the shoulder flicker move, which is why Hafeez to adjust his bowling last minute so it slipped from his hand

The small flicker caused the bowler to change their delivery

I don't think any other team does that , at times it looked like they will charge out to hit the ball but they did not it was just a fake shoulder gesture

However Shadab was still bowling his own style was quite successful 4 wickets

Last edited:
It was a poor captaincy to keep Hassan Ali in every match. He wasn't performing well from day one. You don't have much error margin in T20. Look at his performance from the warmup match. Pak played well except this man. We were playing with 10 players and at least -30 runs because that ******** gave 20-30 runs extra in every match. 170 was a good total and defendable against Australia however aap nay eek ghaday ko saath bhaanda hwua hey aur wohi aap ko lay doba hey. Captain and selectors are both responsible for the semi-final match. Both MADE that mistake intentionally when they were aware of this tiktoker performance. Now we are out from the Worldcup.

Yes. Blame goes to Babar who was hell bent of having Hasan Ali in all T20 world cup matches even though it was clear after NZ match that Hasan Ali is a liability. Also giving last 2 overs to fast bowlers was also a mistake. Babar should have used spin bowlers for last 2 overs.

Last edited:
Good game. Hasan Ali was the weak link and the Australian batsmen targeted him specifically. Having said that he alone is not responsible for this loss. For example we had some brilliant run out chances but could not avail them.

The positive here is that this is a relatively young squad, especially the bowling line up.

Just reading about Rizwan's health prior to game , a tremendous performance considering he was in very bad shape before the game

Extraordinary performance not only he played as batsmen but also played whole game as wicket keeper

We lost game because of hasan ali. He was our biggest weakness in the whole Tournament. This particular match was in our grip until Hasan ali was introduced. I have no regrets. Team did exceptionally well. I think we still need Amir or some other bowler who could replace hasan ali permanently.

Hasan ali was so expensive even in previous games. Babar azam backed him every time but today it backfired. Hafiz was the best option but unfortunately Babar azam continued with hasan ali. This shows inexperience of Babar as a captain.

I think ICC should also take notice of strange no balls from hasan ali. Same pattern of no balls in each game. Pakistan should also investigate. No balls means free hits. There is a pattern. I hope ICC will look into this.

Not just Hassan Ali.

Pakistan banks on Imad and Hafeez for a few tidy and economical overs but these two were crazy expensive today. The over Hafeez bowled was shockingly bad and looked as if he forgot how to bowl. He leaked 13 runs in an over with a poor 6nb on the first ball.

Hassan Ali has been struggling throughout the tournament and, I agree, he should have been benched a long time ago. It is easy to neglect poor form when you face-off Afghanistan, Namibia and Scotland—none of whom bowled as many no-balls as Hassan Ali—but quality oppositions lay those weaknesses bare. Faheem Ashraf was a far better option but he wasn't even selected for the world cup.

If it wasn't was Shadab, this game was done and dusted by 10th over when Australia needed some 89 runs from 60 balls with two wickets down. Shadab brought Pakistan back into the game with a brilliant performance. This is where Pakistan missed a trick. Australia clearly struggled against quality leg spin on UAE's slow tracks but Pakistan lacked more quality spin options. Neither Imad or Hafeez spin the ball much and consequently they weren't very effective against Australia.

Overall, poor team selection cost Pakistan the world cup but thank goodness the man from Pakistan Navy showed up for the game.

Fakhar Zaman.jpg

Last edited:
This game I saw a new tactic from Australian Batsmen against Imad , as they kept "faking" their shoulder before Imad or any Spinner (Hafeez) were about to throw their bow. It was almost like how boxers move their shoulders side/side

I think one of the reason why the ball slipped from Hafeez's hand is due to the shoulder flicker move, which is why Hafeez to adjust his bowling last minute so it slipped from his hand

The small flicker caused the bowler to change their delivery

I don't think any other team does that , at times it looked like they will charge out to hit the ball but they did not it was just a fake shoulder gesture

However Shadab was still bowling his own style was quite successful 4 wickets

Batsman giving fake bodily signals to spinners suggesting they are going to come down the track thereby making them ball short balls is not a new technique

Nah, not going to cancel the subscription until after the Final on Sunday where I will definitely cheer for the Kiwis! Underdogs need to hold the Cup. I am not into sports much and rarely watch even cricket much--no time for it. ESPN+ subscription was just for this tournament.

Anyway, I am not terribly sad: It was a good fighting match. A good game of cricket and the better playing team today won. Pakistan should be proud of their team and cheer them when go back home!

Definitely. Some young Pakistanis do not realise that it wasn't a collapse but a loss. Pakistan did put up a good total and until 17th over, everyone thought Pakistan would win. So why lose all spirit of 37 previous overs and forget that how passionately we supported them all along. Why just remember the last 3 overs and blame our team.

Success and failures are Allah's likeness (پسند) for us - and Allah chose what Allah wishes. Allah gave us control over our efforts, the results were never in our hands anyway.

Last edited:
ICC should check hassan ali's wife bank account. She might get some $$ from endia of being an endian citizen, for bowling no balls and drop catch.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom