What's new

Pakistan vs Australia - T20 World Cup Semi Final

And enjoy the great victories over India and security New Zealand. Everyone feels Pakistan is still the best team of the tournament.
It showed that it was the real comeback team, after all those years. Pakistan still has the capability to regenerate itself if it just focuses. It’s a metaphor for the country, which is why, IMHO, despite the loss being disheartening, the trajectory is positive. There is still next year.

Last edited:
This was Cricket at its best. What a fighting Cricket Match. Hard, strong, emotional and full of action from both sides, Australia looked to stumble until last 5 overs:

It showed that it was the real comeback team, after all those years. Pakistan still has the capability to regenerate itself if it just focuses.

Truth is many pandits and experts believe Pakistan was much much better than Australia, Pakistan just got carried away.

This was Cricket at its best. What a fighting Cricket Match. Hard, strong, emotional and full of action from both sides, Australia looked to stumble until last 5 overs:

Truth is many pandits and experts believe Pakistan was much much better than Australia, Pakistan just got carried away.
Yup, we have to be positive and optimistic, but remain humble.

In a sense, the outcome of this tournament was a humbling series of events for all involved.

Why are people cursing? Its a game. Take is as such. Winning and losing is all part of it. We did went to semis. Lets not act like sore loser cursing players. Baber had a winning team and he did not wanted to experiment.

By the way why is aussies persisting with smith? He fit for t20s..ozzies would have cruised over smoothly without any hiccups i... warners dismissal and smiths inclusion in the team made it a close match.

Last edited:
man I love Pakistanis even after losing a semi final
people are trolling, joking around finding humor in all of it
awesome to see

Well played Pakistan!!!

It was not a good day for Asif & Hafeez.

Babar Azam is a good batsman but isn't really a T20 opener, he should demote himself to middle and give opening slot to a lil more flamboyant batsman.
He saved our wickets for 10 overs and the average was almost 7/over. Tell me who will be the alternative? Fakhar?

Next time we'll be having Haider Ali then people will forget sharjeel. I pray waseem/dhani should permanently erase Amir from our minds.
I support Rameez for not having such shits in the team. It will be a lesson for the youngster. Yes we must not encourage fixers.

Babar should have used spin bowlers for last 2 overs.
Is there any better bowler than Ajmal? At max you can use spinner till 16th over otherwise.. Ajmal was not able to defend 20 in last over!

man from Pakistan Navy showed up for the game.
He is responsible for Pakistan scoring 13 in 3 overs. He destroyed the outcome of openers who were leading towards a target of 200.

Ajeeb Chawal nation hai yaar, its a game one team would win and the other will lose, stop being so dramatic and cry babies like pathetic Indians... get a life

I think Pakistan played really well considering the conditions in Dubai.

Our team batted really well despite losing the toss. We tried to make it really difficult for the opposition.

Dubai stadium has a shitty lighting arrangement. Even Aussies dropped catches. I am sure lighting had a role in all the drops.

Regarding run outs, you always have a 50-50 chance on a direct hit.

REMEMBER: Pakistan won extremely comfortably against the tournament favorites batting second (one of them is still playing the final). Pakistan would have restricted Australia below 150 had we bowled first.

ICC should review its decision for conducting day/ night matches in the conditions like those in UAE. Either there should be all day matches, or all night matches.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the performance of Pakistan.. I am a proud Pakistani. We haven't given a walkover to any nation.. including Australia!
I echo to you. So many drop catches, I Can't believe. Even NZ, SA and IND missing a few.
IMO these venues are not up to the mark to held a World Cup.

This is the best Pakistani fielding side I have seen.
I liked the batting of your openers and Rizwan is my favorite.

Since I don't watch this Sport, so you'll excuse my ignorance...

Lately i've been getting messages from people everytime we won a game & now lost one.

Q. So we now play India in the next World Cup because they refuse to play us in some other type of format?

Or am I missing something... :what:

I echo to you. So many drop catches, I Can't believe. Even NZ, SA and IND missing a few.
IMO these venues are not up to the mark to held a World Cup.

This is the best Pakistani fielding side I have seen.
I liked the batting of your openers and Rizwan is my favorite.
Australians dropped 3 catches and Pakistani dropped 2 catches in recent match. Impact of stadium lighting effects in night? Possible.

Good match for neutrals, see-saw battle. But Pakistan will rue this, having taken 5 wickets within 100 runs. Wade is a useless player, he averages mere 20 with SR of 127 in T20I. I always thought he was useless, and would be easy for Pakis to handle. They should have bowled spin more, maybe Hafeez. I can't recall Wade playing an innings like this ever. So, it's a combination of bad tactic and some good luck for for Australians.

Babar Azam "The turning point of the match was the dropped catch of Matthew Wade"
Babar Azam post match:

"The turning point of the match was the dropped catch of Matthew Wade. A new batter coming in then and it would have been a different scenario and maybe a different result"

"As a player you should always be on your toes and take any opportunity that arises"

"I thought we scored as many runs as we had planned in the first innings. I think if we give such teams a chance in the back end, it is going to be costly"

"The way we gelled and played the entire tournament, I am satisfied as a captain. Hopefully we'll learn from this for the next tournament. When you play so well throughout, there were small mistakes that cost us the match in the end"

"We gave players roles and they executed it really well. The way the crowds supported us, we enjoyed a lot as a team. We always enjoy playing here"

There is always something to learn

The lesson that I got from this match is that never trust a clown like Hasan Ali to win it for you

Back
Top Bottom