What's new

Pakistan-US joint air exercise - Falcon Talon III

@Hodor , sir, what's happening in Jacobabd, i know a high level official was visiting the base yesterday to witness the exercise but everything is being kept well under the wraps.
I reckon Chief visiting the Shahbaz AFB.

Last edited:
its Mirage5-SDE (Egyptian version)
Dxshgd2XcAAnpd2.jpg

View attachment 535713
View attachment 535714

Not much detail is known to me so I can't say for sure but it is said that
- Egyptian Mirage received comprehensive upgrades including RC-400 radar (which earlier PAF was seeking for JF-17 blk-1 but denied)
- Upgrades in Mission computer and software
- HMDS similar Mirage-2000 (highly doubt it)
- Fully capable for Night operations
- Missile approach warring sys.
View attachment 535715
- Damocles Targeting pod integrated
So in short their configuration look better than our ROSE upgrades which were initiated in mid 90s and Egyptian Air force Horus program was initiated in 2005 onward

http://www.easternorbat.com/html/the_egyptian_horus_program_eng.html

Any senior Egyptian member should comments further about this

@Gomig-21 can you plz comment about this speculation and the specification of Mirage5-SDE after upgrades
That's pretty awesome fire power very close to Mirage 2000.

I will quote your reply when this question will be asked again
many have read it already but will still ask it due to lack of comprehension

Hi,

What people are missing over here is that they think it is pakistan specific---and it is not---.

The US govt has control over all its military and civilian aircraft---.

When an F35 flying as a lead aircraft detects an enemy target locks it in thru a missile loaded on a B1 bomber and launches the missile from the B1 bomber without the authorization of the B1 bomber---the message is clear.

Last edited:
And they are keeping the rookies strict with social media postings.

Don't know about airforce but have heard that army has now issued strict instructions forbidding use of unit/course e.t.c related groups for all serving and those retired personnel that have been re-employed.

Mirage Horus :sick:
Hate the name. Who named this upgrade program? Egyptians or the French?

Air Chief Mujahid Anwar Khan witnessed Pakistan-US joint aerial exercises Falcon Talon at the operational air base today and also flew the fighter jet.

The Air Chief felicitated the aerial staff of both the countries for successful conduct of the exercise. He said the joint exercise will help the air forces of both the countries to learn from each other's experiences.

11313739411548843582.jpg

Air-Chief-Marshal.jpg

upload_2019-1-30_15-56-6.png

What a farce, Pakistan should be holding large scale air exercizes with Russia and China, than america.

@Hodor, interestingly, the PAF Air chief is wearing both N0-5 and N0-11 Patches.
If there was room for No. 7 sqn patch maybe he would be wearing that as well..and if you noticed he's wearing scarf of No. 5 in one picture and of No. 11 in the other???

If there was room for No. 7 sqn patch maybe he would be wearing that as well..and if you noticed he's wearing scarf of No. 5 in one picture and of No. 11 in the other???
I was thinking he might have flown into Shahbaz in a 11 squadron bird and then participated with No-5 unit.

I was thinking he might have flown into Shahbaz in a 11 squadron bird and then participated with No-5 unit.
I dont think so..that would have required sending an F16 to chaklala..Also he travels with protocol and squad from AHQ so usually he travels in Gulfstream or other similar aircrafts.

I dont think so..that would have required sending an F16 to chaklala..Also he travels with protocol and squad from AHQ so usually he travels in Gulfstream or other similar aircrafts.
So safe to assume that the ''Arrows'' also participated....see W/C (?) Asim Raja still flying.

Back
Top Bottom