What's new

Pakistan-US joint air exercise - Falcon Talon III

Almonds r roasted this yrs Sir its effect of that on U due to wild fires.
For me Knuckles is authority beacuse he is second Gen viper driver enough to know inside out.that's the only reason I asked him even it's not thread related.

Hi,

Almomds and wild fires ar ein two different locations---. If almonds did help---the pakistani wrestlers would have been the most intelligent---.

Knuckles is a young Turk at this time---. He will learn in due time---.

What does a second gen viper driver has to do with knowing about homeland security issues or the policy issues.

Youngman---you don't have to stick your head in a bulls behind to see if the steak is good---you have to take the butcher's word for it---.

They'll get much more intelligent and sharper...

Hi,

I very much doubt it---. They don't have the flexibility of thought processing---.

His points are valid for the type of info they receive regarding certain "kill" switches. But if overall overall if that was the case then Venezuela would have ceased F-16 ops over 25 years ago.....

The same "kill" switches are placed in our aircraft when sold to others. But if you are talking about "bugs" then yes those are there.....and a lot of them. There are certain areas particularly the air to air radar missiles area where tech reps from the company have to be present and with PAF there are on average of 2 personnel from respective companies per F-16 squadron. The same is everywhere around the world but Israel and Chile as they field different radar guided BVR missiles.

Valid stuff. Yet didn't stop the expansion of the software capability for radar guided missiles. CCS had an entire training scenario for BVR for the Sparrow despite not fielding the actual missile in service.

And FADEC systems for the engine are independent. They cannot be remotely controlled with any switch to reduce the engine performance.

We are as sharp or smart or dumb as you and your children and grandchildren. Like them, hate them....rest is up to you to generalize in your glee for beratement of others.

Cheers!!!

Agreed. Never underestimate any superpower. Be aware for Chinese "bugs".

Hi,

About venezuela---. They are not a threat---. Meijo ---you need to look into the devil's mind and you need to learn to understand---why it does what it does and why it does not do what others think it must do----.

Venezuela is not a threat---. Their F16's are not a threat---otoh---pakistan is a massive nuc power---. It can bring devastation to this universe including itself---if it choses to---.

US never lets its hand be known---. For the sake of secrecy---it will take harm and be sabotaged---but will hold onto critical information or critical tactical capability---.

A few persons dead here or there is no reason to panic or disclose important secrets---.

A secret or an asset that holds the fortunes of a nation---needs to have a proportionate value attached to have its secrets released---.

The F-16 is carrying AN/ASQ-213 HARM Targeting System (HTS) pod on the left side of the air intake.

F-16s were used in first Gulf War to fire HARMs but they used F-4G targeting system to guide them. F-16 Blk 50 became a self reliant variant using HTS to fire radar suppression missiles.

Just my 2 cents knowledge :)

A better analogy of 'kill switch' is of F-35. It gets software updates and automatically downloads them from Lockheed Martin server. Only Israel has direct access and no other customer will be allowed to interrupt the software updates. That means at any time, USA can convert those planes into a display mock-up.

Hi,

Very aptly put---. That is the MODERN DEFINITION of a " kill switch "---.

Hi,

Almomds and wild fires ar ein two different locations---. If almonds did help---the pakistani wrestlers would have been the most intelligent---.

Knuckles is a young Turk at this time---. He will learn in due time---.

What does a second gen viper driver has to do with knowing about homeland security issues or the policy issues.

Youngman---you don't have to stick your head in a bulls behind to see if the steak is good---you have to take the butcher's word for it---.

Hi,

I very much doubt it---. They don't have the flexibility of thought processing---.

Hi,

About venezuela---. They are not a threat---. Meijo ---you need to look into the devil's mind and you need to learn to understand---why it does what it does and why it does not do what others think it must do----.

Venezuela is not a threat---. Their F16's are not a threat---otoh---pakistan is a massive nuc power---. It can bring devastation to this universe including itself---if it choses to---.

US never lets its hand be known---. For the sake of secrecy---it will take harm and be sabotaged---but will hold onto critical information or critical tactical capability---.

A few persons dead here or there is no reason to panic or disclose important secrets---.

A secret or an asset that holds the fortunes of a nation---needs to have a proportionate value attached to have its secrets released---.

Hi,

Very aptly put---. That is the MODERN DEFINITION of a " kill switch "---.
I am young but open to any form of knowledge. Would love to meet at any point if I come to SOCAL for a visit.

Hi,

Why would a fighter pilot know that if there is a "kill switch" on his aircraft---?

And if he did not know about that---there is a problem---.

It is the "homelandsecurity " requirement in the united states---any aircraft coming into the US or flying out of the US or manufactured in the US has to have a 'kill switch'---. It is mandatory----.

I keep wondering at you guys lack of ability to understand this simple thing---.

I am surprised that you people are so " illiterate " about this simple electronic matters---when you have the example of " stuxnet " virus in front of you---.

There are a million and one videos on youtube are newer cars being hacked from outside---and still you people have the audacity to ask and doubt if your equipment can be sabotaged by the manufacturer---.

These modern cars---which are hooked upto to your bluetooth cell phone---are transffering data to the mainframe factory computer as need be---.

The class 8 commercial trucks I sell---the freight companies know everything that is happening to the truck through the computer data link while the trucks are on the highway---. The office can look at the engine temperature---transmission temperature---location of the truck---with camera inside the truck---they are looking at what the driver is doing---and this is 10-15 years old technology on commercial vehicles---with kill switch---they can shut off the truck when it is parked---.

Some sub prime banks in the US do that to the cars when customer does not make payments---.

When congress asks guarantees from the manufacturer demanding how would they know if the equipment being sold to foreign countries may not be used against the US---. What do you of brilliant minds think the manufacturer replies---?
There may not be the kill switch which can blast the aircraft out of the sky in one click but I am sure Americans and other oems always have a backdoor to access their equipment for many reasons. Americans will never want the planes they sell to be used against american interests. The PAF aircrafts will be prone to American interference, as Americans know these planes inside out. Their kill switch might be to jam them, render them useless. But i don't think they will do it if Pakistan fights against its enemies or other f-16 flying nations goto war against each other.

When congress asks guarantees from the manufacturer demanding how would they know if the equipment being sold to foreign countries may not be used against the US---. What do you of brilliant minds think the manufacturer replies---?
I believe you are right however i also believe that this would stand true for the highlighted part and not in India Pakistan scenario because if is the case and lets say US equipment starts to fall against soviet equipment, than US arms industry will suffer massively.
So it is safe to assume that unless Pakistan is going against US or NATO like Iraq did and French gave codes to the US which resulted in those SAMs becoming useless, F-16s would fly just fine against India.
This is the opnion here for most including those in the PAF who go for the F-16s everytime US lifts the ban.

My personal opinion is however "Why take the risk at all" when you can get 100% risk free equipment with same or in some cases better performance.

I believe you are right however i also believe that this would stand true for the highlighted part and not in India Pakistan scenario because if is the case and lets say US equipment starts to fall against soviet equipment, than US arms industry will suffer massively.
So it is safe to assume that unless Pakistan is going against US or NATO like Iraq did and French gave codes to the US which resulted in those SAMs becoming useless, F-16s would fly just fine against India.
This is the opnion here for most including those in the PAF who go for the F-16s everytime US lifts the ban.

My personal opinion is however "Why take the risk at all" when you can get 100% risk free equipment with same or in some cases better performance.

Hi,

Years ago---I had written that the manufacturer would not allow the kill switch to be activated against russian equipment---but now I believe---that with the current dislike in the US congress and senate---the pakistani F16's may not even lift from the tarmac when hostilities start---.

See---the predictability has gone out of the relationship---it is all anger and blame game from the american side---. Pakistani sellout leaders like Zardari and Nawaz & generals like Kiyani and Pasha never took a stand for pakistan and smacked hard at the american parliament in a similar tone and manner---.

There may not be the kill switch which can blast the aircraft out of the sky in one click

Hi,

"KILL SWITCH " is a generic term used to show interference of a system thru potential programs / trigger mechanisms by the manufacturing state when it cannot be used to its full potential---thus making it inoperable for the very purpose it was designed to operate---.

Hi,

Years ago---I had written that the manufacturer would not allow the kill switch to be activated against russian equipment---but now I believe---that with the current dislike in the US congress and senate---the pakistani F16's may not even lift from the tarmac when hostilities start---.

See---the predictability has gone out of the relationship---it is all anger and blame game from the american side---. Pakistani sellout leaders like Zardari and Nawaz & generals like Kiyani and Pasha never took a stand for pakistan and smacked hard at the american parliament in a similar tone and manner---.

Hi,

"KILL SWITCH " is a generic term used to show interference of a system thru potential programs / trigger mechanisms by the manufacturing state when it cannot be used to its full potential---thus making it inoperable for the very purpose it was designed to operate---.
That's what i was saying

img-20190123-wa0017-jpg.534952

50401218_1180276582147736_9007521488957341696_n.jpg

Hi,

This same mechanism is also on the aircraft used by the US military and civil aviation---.

Mirages have 600 liter supersonic , 1300 liter and 1700 litre tanks paf I think only has first two type

By the way who broke the news about Egyptian mirages ?? Being provided to paf ?

Last edited:
Mirages have 600 liter supersonic , 1300 liter and 1700 litre tanks paf I think only has first two type

No idea

But it seems EAF has 23 rose 1 type fighters upgrades less than 8 years ago or even less by segam

It was me Hazrat Zarvan was tweeting it on twitter. I was surprised as well.

Back
Top Bottom