What's new

Pakistan UAVs News & Discussions

Can someone identify this UAV shown in GIDS section for IDEX 2021 show guide?

F66D1ABE-6AA0-4DC5-8736-D2BEF2B0621D.jpeg

@HRK @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @JamD

View attachment 722938
Good catch .... I don't know which UAV is this but its seems new UAV is larger and have satellite link but maintain same canard pusher design in which Shahpar UAVs from GIDS are designed ... probably its the evaluation of Shahpar UAV

some thing in MALE UAV class .... ???

@Ark_Angel once hinted about the export of indigenous UAV but did not disclose any further detail about the deal ..... so he may have something to contribute here ......

Good catch .... I don't know which UAV is this but its seems new UAV is larger and have satellite link but maintain same canard pusher design in which Shahpar UAVs from GIDS are designed ... probably its the evaluation of Shahpar UAV

some thing in MALE UAV class .... ???

@Ark_Angel once hinted about the export of indigenous UAV but did not disclose any further detail about the deal ..... so he may have something to contribute here ......
Yes I remember but he said that in reference to the PAC UAV which is conventional layout, or so we think?

View attachment 722938
GIDS said it was looking to develop a MALE UAV in 2017.

This could be it, and makes sense too in that it seems to be an evolution of the Burraq and Shahpar (wing design seems similar), but with a Reaper-like fuselage.

So Pakistan has at least 2 MALE UAV programs: one at PAC and one at NESCOM. There might be a third program with the NRDI.

I'm wondering... Is each service arm basically footing its own MALE UAV program? E.g., PAF is going to use the AvRID/PAC UAV; PA will use the NESCOM one; and PN would use the NRDI one (and there's a chance the NRDI one could simply be NESCOM).

GIDS said it was looking to develop a MALE UAV in 2017.

This could be it, and makes sense too in that it seems to be an evolution of the Burraq and Shahpar (wing design seems similar), but with a Reaper-like fuselage.

So Pakistan has at least 2 MALE UAV programs: one at PAC and one at NESCOM. There might be a third program with the NRDI.

I'm wondering... Is each service arm basically footing its own MALE UAV program? E.g., PAF is going to use the AvRID/PAC UAV; PA will use the NESCOM one; and PN would use the NRDI one (and there's a chance the NRDI one could simply be NESCOM).
So it’s a thus far unidentified SATCOM capable MALE UAV. This can be made into our TB2 type UCAV.

View attachment 722938
So in this race of sorts the burraq won. BUT I hear AWC is working on a Shahpar-II (Yes you heard it first here) which is supposed to be larger in size than the Shahpar, have a hump like a predator (ie a satellite link) and be armed.

I hope this narrative satisfies a lot of you. Please don't ask for sources or links because I have none :)
Yes, please see my previous post. NESCOM is big, everything's NESCOM. AWC is indeed working on the shahpar-II still.
Awc is working on a shahpar 2 maybe that is why.
Or the Shahpar II at AWC.
Exactly matches the Shahpar-II description I posted here many many years ago :-)

Whose name? UCAV is called Shahpar-II (or at least was called that in 2015).
Oh so it’s simply called Shahpur II, not something new. I thought you used Shahpur II just as a placeholder name.

Back
Top Bottom