What's new

Pakistan Tour of England 2020

Yep it stopped raining and Pakistan predictably crawl to 172 for 7 - the end is nigh

@Musings I heard there was a comedy run-out just now? Can you confirm?

Meanwhile, here's a quick compilation in honour of such occurrences.

lol
Unfortunately Pakistan series would never be complete without a twat of the day run out.
Joking aside I think this is a poor wicket and Pakistan bowlers could take advantage if they bowl line and length.

I happen to watch the entire match. In my humble opinion, the current batting line-up is not worth a lot more than 250 per innings against a top rate bowling attack that England has, therefore overall score is not much of a disappointment. Our hope rests with the bowlers to get England out cheaply.

After watching Azhar Ali & Asad Shafiq bat, I start wondering how long we have to wait for them to start earning their keep? It is not unfair to expect at least a 50 for the top-order batsman in on of the 3 innings, but that did not happen, let us see what 4th inning brings. If both of these gentlemen fail again, shouldn't Pakistan try some new young faces?

I happen to watch the entire match. In my humble opinion, the current batting line-up is not worth a lot more than 250 per innings against a top rate bowling attack that England has, therefore overall score is not much of a disappointment. Our hope rests with the bowlers to get England out cheaply.

After watching Azhar Ali & Asad Shafiq bat, I start wondering how long we have to wait for them to start earning their keep? It is not unfair to expect at least a 50 for the top-order batsman in on of the 3 innings, but that did not happen, let us see what 4th inning brings. If both of these gentlemen fail again, shouldn't Pakistan try some new young faces?
There are certainly issues in the batting line up but I don’t thing wholesale changes are necessary - they are playing in conditions where the duke ball is swinging and our batsmen don’t normally face this ball in these conditions - also don’t forget they are in lockdown conditions and not able to leave the ground - this surely must add to the stress. One can judge how well or how poor they have batted when England bat tomorrow. Only then can a fair assessment be made about how poor our batting is.

Rizwan is a big candidate for run out not just run out but comedy run outs last time in waqar era hw did it twice either he run out himself or partner shafiq now afridi

There are certainly issues in the batting line up but I don’t thing wholesale changes are necessary - they are playing in conditions where the duke ball is swinging and our batsmen don’t normally face this ball in these conditions - also don’t forget they are in lockdown conditions and not able to leave the ground - this surely must add to the stress. One can judge how well or how poor they have batted when England bat tomorrow. Only then can a fair assessment be made about how poor our batting is.
Change asad shafiq misbah waqar azher i bet u big change in perfomance

For your info, while the Manchester area was under lockdown, Southampton is not. It is well-known that under English conditions the ball does swing and also moves off the seam. During the 2nd inning in the first test, the conditions at Old Trafford were hot and more like UAE than typical Northern England, despite that our batsmen failed miserably. A good batsman must learn to play in all conditions swinging ball is no excuse.

England has a first-rate batting line up and world-class bowling attack, IMHO our team is not quite up to their standard.

STUMPS

2nd Test, Southampton, Aug 13-17 2020, Pakistan tour of England

7.png
PAK

(86 over)
223/9

1.png
ENG

Day 2: Pakistan chose to bat. CRR: 2.59

For your info, while the Manchester area was under lockdown, Southampton is not. It is well-known that under English conditions the ball does swing and also moves off the seam. During the 2nd inning in the first test, the conditions at Old Trafford were hot and more like UAE than typical Northern England, despite that our batsmen failed miserably. A good batsman must learn to play in all conditions swinging ball is no excuse.

England has a first-rate batting line up and world-class bowling attack, IMHO our team is not quite up to their standard.
For you info the players are NOT allowed to leave the ground and must stay in the bubble. Hafeez did go out for a meal and was immediately fined and told to isolate.
In England - the ball is a duke ball - everywhere else in the world it’s a kookaburra ball hence the reason I suggested Pakistan may struggle to adjust.
I don’t know what game you was watching but England were thoroughly outplayed in the game apart from the last 3 hours at old Trafford - anyway let’s see what happens tomorrow.

Last edited:
@masterchief_mirza sahib
7 sessions gone and Pakistan still batting! They are warriors - not often do you get a side batting so long 1st innings. Granted it p1ssed it down 6 sessions

Sir,

According to the rules of cricket, in a full day of Test Cricket consisting of 3 sessions, 90 overs have to be bowled. Pakistan has thus far played only 86 overs. In other words, had there been no stoppage due to bad light or rain, total time Pakistan team has spent on the crease is slightly short of 3 full sessions. Whereas your post can be interpreted to imply that Pakistan team has been batting for 2 full days plus a morning session and one wicket still to fall!

With due respect, in my book, this is called looking at it with the wrong of the telescope.

Sir,

According to the rules of cricket, in a full day of Test Cricket consisting of 3 sessions, 90 overs have to be bowled. Pakistan has thus far played only 86 overs. In other words, had there been no stoppage due to bad light or rain, total time Pakistan team has spent on the crease is slightly short of 3 full sessions. Whereas your post can be interpreted to imply that Pakistan team has been batting for 2 full days plus a morning session and one wicket still to fall!

With due respect, in my book, this is called looking at it with the wrong of the telescope.
Sir - it was written tongue in cheek - hence specifically aimed at @masterchief_mirza who perhaps understands satirical humour. I did in point of fact exaggerate that there was poor weather in 6 out of 7 sessions.
With due respect - this is called not having a sense of humour.
Have a good day.

Back
Top Bottom