What's new

Pakistan tour of England 2016-News and Discussions

Joe Root* (RHB) 41 68 8 0 60.29
Alastair Cook (LHB) 40 75 6 0 53.33
Extras : (lb 1, w 2, nb 1) 4
Total : (1 wicket; 27 overs)
Looks batsman friendly pitch or might be from 2nd day give some help to spinners.

Amir bowling to root not a single ball swing back in it was a miracle that it swung back otherwise if you look the entire bowling of amir he don't look to threatening if he can't swing back the ball to right handers

This match is gone now forget Pakistan winning it

In 2 days showers are expected and pitch will get a bit wet and Anderson will swing it

I hope we atleast score more runs

With rahat Ali wahab leaking runs taking occasionally wickets not good enough left too much to do for yasir and amir

Rahat Ali giving to much boundary balls pressure is released from English batsman

Pakistan has a neck of doing blunders after wining we don't look to our weakness sohail Khan was a far far better option for Pakistan than wahab and rahat

If we keep giving boundaries by rahat Ali we will end the day with 400 for 1

We lost this match no spinning swing top of it our openers are rubbish no hope even we draw it no hope from rahat and wahab either

day 2 to start soon Englands game to lose .
doesn't matter the toss was lost and chance of victory with it

stat fact :: 132 yrs ago old trafford held its first test and visitors have only won 4 times in 132 yrs having lost the toss

EXCELLENT batting by England supported by some quite ordinary fielding by Pakistan. The chances of Pakistan securing anything from this match are looking bleak already and it is just the first innings. Will really need to apply them self in first innings if Pakistan is to secure this match.

My question remains the same, are the England batsman batting so well or our bowlers were not up to the challenge this time? This of the pitch is just dead for bowlers?

Pakistani bowlers are bowling like MAZLOOM awam! Wahab is the worst of the lot with respect to discipline and temperament conceding 10 no ball extras in 20 overs. I would throw wahab out of the test team, Avg 37 per wicket, economy 4 rpo, 45 wickets in 17 matches. Junaid is better than him.

Younis who is considered one of the best slip fielders is at his worst dropping all the catches coming his way; making bowlers disappointed.

IND vs WI = ENG vs PAK

From what little match i was able to see so far, i think Yasir Shah bowled a bit too flat for this surface. Right or is it just me?

AND JUST AS I TYPE THIS POST, YASIR GET WOAKES OUT! :)

England: 414/5

Pakistani bowlers are bowling like MAZLOOM awam! Wahab is the worst of the lot with respect to discipline and temperament conceding 10 no ball extras in 20 overs. I would throw wahab out of the test team, Avg 37 per wicket, economy 4 rpo, 45 wickets in 17 matches. Junaid is better than him.

Younis who is considered one of the best slip fielders is at his worst dropping all the catches coming his way; making bowlers disappointed.

IND vs WI = ENG vs PAK
No..Best bowler was Sohail khan,But where is he?
On a flat deck world cup match against India he took 5 where 300+ was scored and got top bastmen out like Kohli ETC.

EXCELLENT batting by England supported by some quite ordinary fielding by Pakistan. The chances of Pakistan securing anything from this match are looking bleak already and it is just the first innings. Will really need to apply them self in first innings if Pakistan is to secure this match.

My question remains the same, are the England batsman batting so well or our bowlers were not up to the challenge this time? This of the pitch is just dead for bowlers?
Bad choices wahab riaz and rahat do not deserve test team bowlers should be picked who can bowl continuously good line with swing which wahab don't have

Wahab picked only for reverse swing for old ball this is where we get negative we pick bowlers who can pick up front rather than with old ball

In Lords we won due to slowness of pitch and yasir shah bowling players which rahat and wahab got out they done mistake nothing special from these useless jokers

Sohail Khan is very good swing bowlers his out swing reminds me of philander Pakistan should have picked him

3 left arm fast bowlers shows how stupid negative mind set thinkers these people are

Pakistan cricket is bunch of jokers only make changes when loosing in winning we must see who do not contributed

And top of it wahab is foolish stupid batsman too look how he got out in 1 st innings

No..Best bowler was Sohail khan,But where is he?
On a flat deck world cup match against India he took 5 where 300+ was scored and got top bastmen out like Kohli ETC.
Sohail Khan is in team but stupid management not picking him

The pitch is really flat and it is difficult to get any purchase for bowlers. If pakistan bat out day 3, without much damage, we are looking at a tame draw.

The pitch is really flat and it is difficult to get any purchase for bowlers. If pakistan bat out day 3, without much damage, we are looking at a tame draw.
Ah but things not working well when Pakistan start play:undecided:

57/4

5 wickets are gone for Pakistan.
A first innings score of 500+ is always hard to chase. Credit to England they batted magnificently in the first innings with Aliaster Cook, Joe Root and Jhonny Bairstow batting beautifully.
It will be hard for Pakistan to chase down the total and take a lead. Even commentator Ramiz Raza was saying that even in a good batting wicket this Pakistani batting lineup can score maximum 370 runs in an innings against the kind of bowling lineup England have.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom