What's new

Pakistan tour of England 2016-News and Discussions

That was some special celebrations by Pakistan team.
It was a tribute to PA as they have trained in the army camp before the England tour.

Push UPssss!!!

I have done my mine , just for the Focking sake of it.

Congrats team Pakistan..
A very big congrats to misbah.. he had set this game up for bowlers..

That century proved to be the difference between the two.. second morn session needs some more improvement bcz it shud have been 400-450 instead of early 300s...

But a great game.. old Trafford I see potentially a batting flat track to blunt out Pakistani bowlers...

It's going to be a great series..

Gen Raheel callecd Misbah and congrats on victory.

Everyone bowls reverse swing now, but the shape of the ball, when it comes from a Pakistani hand still has a trademark. It looks heavy, like a falling comet, you can almost see the tail, it seems to tell you what it is doing, and you know where it is going, it just goes further, and faster, than you can handle.......
Jarrod Kimber

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-pakistan-2016/content/story/1035969.html

Congratulations Team Pakistan!!
:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Loved those lines by Jarrod Kimber,, though of sharing it with you. :)
@WAJsal @Slav Defence @S.U.R.B. @Delnavaz B @Moonlight @The Sandman @Imran Khan @anant_s @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @terry5 @Bratva @fatman17 @alibaz

Last edited:
Just shows why Test Cricket is the best format of the game, so much time, so many factors involved. Really beautiful to watch.

@anant_s , heart was in the mouth when Bairstow and Woakes were going solid. Let's face it runs drying up you are bound to lose it, classical Misbah tactic. Well played by the Bowlers, well played by the Batters.

Everyone bowls reverse swing now, but the shape of the ball, when it comes from a Pakistani hand still has a trademark. It looks heavy, like a falling comet, you can almost see the tail, it seems to tell you what it is doing, and you know where it is going, it just goes further, and faster, than you can handle.......
Jarrod Kimber

Congratulations Team Pakistan!!
Wahab bowled really well, deserved to rip through English low order.

What a game for Amir, must have given him a heck of a boost that last wicket.

That celebration...:yahoo::bunny:
247559.3.jpg

Just shows why Test Cricket is the best format of the game, so much time, so many factors involved. Really beautiful to watch.

@anant_s , heart was in the mouth when Bairstow and Woakes were going solid. Let's face it runs drying up you are bound to lose it, classical Misbah tactic. Well played by the Bowlers, well played by the Batters.

Wahab bowled really well, deserved to rip through English low order.

What a game for Amir, must have given him a heck of a boost that last wicket.

That celebration...:yahoo::bunny:
247559.3.jpg
Yup he did,, but the statement goes beyond this one match,, way beyond it!!
For me Asad was the surprise package. Never had much doubts on our bowling attack but it was batting i feared for and was quite vocal about Asad Shafiq. He did extremely well and i stand correct. I hope he can continue with such important and well paced knocks!
Same for Rahat Ali, never liked him a lot, still feel he lacks that flame and bite that is associated with Pakistani pcaers but hey, whatever gets the job done right! Thumbs up to all the team and specially these two people who i was not so comfortable with before the match but now i am happy to be proven wrong about them :)

Looking forward for the next test.

Looking forward for the next test.
Would be tough, i wonder how the wicket will play out. Now that we are ahead in the series we need to make sure we play it intelligently and look to win the series, we have it in our team to win the series.

heart was in the mouth when Bairstow and Woakes were going solid.
They were only prolonging the inevitable, Woakes is a useful batsman but as Aamir showed in his last spell of hostile fast bowling, they will find handling genuine pace difficult. and it was a relatively good batting pitch.
classical Misbah tactic
Works every time, dry the runs and bastman especially lower order one try to do something stupid, giving an opportunity to blowers to strike.

Asad was the surprise package
the way he showed application was really commendable. He looks a very mature batsman, in classical test mode.

I suppose a large part of credit goes to Yasir. I really enjoyed the way, he was giving flight to the ball yesterday. In conditions, that do not traditionally assist spin, he was class act.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

arz kiya hai,

Pokeman is for sissies, real men watch test cricket 8-)

Would be tough, i wonder how the wicket will play out. Now that we are ahead in the series we need to make sure we play it intelligently and look to win the series, we have it in our team to win the series.
Old trafford!!
Expect the pacers to play bigger role, Amir especially!
AND
Expect the batsman to struggle a bit.

I am confident now that we will manage well. A half decent performance by batsmen and the bowlers will take care of the rest.

Old trafford!!
Expect the pacers to play bigger role, Amir especially!
AND
Expect the batsman to struggle a bit.

I am confident now that we will manage well. A half decent performance by batsmen and the bowlers will take care of the rest.
Commentators were saying it was going to have some spin on it. @anant_s , any clue?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom