What's new

Pakistan protests India glacier tourism plan

Marathaman said:
Pakistan took kashmiri areas by force........so they are occupying it illegally and against India's wishes. It does not belong to Pakistan.
Let me make it Right for you :
India took kashmiri areas by force........so they are occupying it illegally and against People's wishes. It does not belong to india.

When India stationed its troops in Siachin, Pakistan did not take any action, thus indicating that it is not serious about its claims
I think you dont the history, i have also posted an artical about it read it first then make any comment, PLZ.

Now Pakistan should not protest against trekking expeditions in Siachen, since I don't see Pakistan stopping civilian activities in the territories claimed by India.
Since, when did Pakistan started civilian activities in Siachin.

As for the peace-process, India is free to do whatever it likes with the territories under its control, until and unless an agreement is reached.
Then it is not a peace process.

Regards
Wilco :pakistan:

What if pakistan starts bombing the area before the arrival of the tourists there, then india will not be able to open the area for expedition. So there will be nothing for the media to rant about against pakistan, only clashes started between the two sides over siachen after india decided to open up the place for tourists.

Well India has started the expeditions and lets take thread from this one to one prit prat to another level. Do the members think Pakistan should react diplomatically and if yes what should their action be ? Military Turkish Howitzer solutions as suggested is not feasible or even thinkable as the Pakistani soldiers cannot even see these expeditions from these posts.

What if pakistan starts bombing the area before the arrival of the tourists there, then india will not be able to open the area for expedition. So there will be nothing for the media to rant about against pakistan, only clashes started between the two sides over siachen after india decided to open up the place for tourists.

Bombing at 16,000 feet over Indian held Territory ? How is PAF going to achieve that without declaring war ? Will USA allow Pakistan to go to war over Siachen ? Artillary again is not possible as India has the advantage of heights and only small calibre artillary can be used with limited range.

IceCold said:
you are thinking about Bombing ?? these tourists will run away will never come back if we fire a single bullet over there.

Regards
Wilco :pakistan:

Bombing at 16,000 feet over Indian held Territory ? How is PAF going to achieve that without declaring war ? Will USA allow Pakistan to go to war over Siachen ? Artillary again is not possible as India has the advantage of heights and only small calibre artillary can be used with limited range.

Not suggesting this, but even a light artillery exchange can stop such plans at least from the tourist's standpoint. I doubt any foreign expedition would like to venture out in the area if a chance of a stray projectile landing here or there existed.

Given that both sides claim the area, this act is akin to what led India to pre-empt Pakistan. India also claimed that Pakistan was probing the area and mountaineering maps were showing the route to the glacier through Pakistan....so not sure why Pakistan should not act any differently here especially when the two sides have not agreed upon demilitarization of the glacier...if the revenue for such tourist opportunities went both ways and both sides agreed to mutual DMZ it then this would be a really good thing for tourism in both Pakistan and India.

Another reason why Pakistan should not consider military actions:

These expeditions have been going on for a long time. Why did Pakistan not protest earlier?

In the light of the ongoing peace process....this sudden unprovoked attack (since the expeditions are nothing new) will not register favourably with either the US or the rest of the democratic world.

Perhaps, but if pakistan decides too then and if all other options with india fail. Regarding US, we dont take US permissions to go to war and neither did we ever in the past. It all depends on how far india is willing to push us.

Another reason why Pakistan should not consider military actions:

These expeditions have been going on for a long time. Why did Pakistan not protest earlier?

In the light of the ongoing peace process....this sudden unprovoked attack (since the expeditions are nothing new) will not register favourably with either the US or the rest of the democratic world.

This is the first mixed expedition. In the past, if there were expeditions, they were Indian Army ones. The problem is that if this is allowed then more civilian ones will come.

As far as unprovoked attack, I am not saying there should be one. However thought should be given to the fact that you have 2 armies still on the glacier and consider the area as their own....until and unless this is settled, the glacier is still hot.

This is the first mixed expedition. In the past, if there were expeditions, they were Indian Army ones. The problem is that if this is allowed then more civilian ones will come.

As far as unprovoked attack, I am not saying there should be one. However thought should be given to the fact that you have 2 armies still on the glacier and consider the area as their own....until and unless this is settled, the glacier is still hot.

Not at all....there have been foreign civilian teams as well...check the article I posted earlier.

If Pakistan feels it is incorrect,then she should take action as appropriate. After all, you chaps say it is disputed!

So a few dead is part of the game, what ho?

I am sure Pakistan does not care if a few westerners die.

There was no Indian Army expeditions so far. There were Pakistani sponsored one before India occupied the same.

If Pakistan feels it is incorrect,then she should take action as appropriate. After all, you chaps say it is disputed!

So a few dead is part of the game, what ho?

I am sure Pakistan does not care if a few westerners die.

There was no Indian Army expeditions so far. There were Pakistani sponsored one before India occupied the same.

Read Marathaman's posted article on the previous page. There were quite a few Indian sponsored expeditions and almost all of them without a shadow of doubt were facilitated by the Indian Army (assuming otherwise is betraying reality). News about most never came out thus no official reaction from Pakistan.

Who is talking about killing westerners? And who says Pakistan has to shoot at westerners or tourists?....I am sure lobbing a few mortar rounds without hitting anything (which is the usual case anyways on the glacier) would do the trick if Pakistan really wanted to do something drastic here.

Pre emptive strikes prior to arrival of the tourists is not an option. It be a PR disaster and would portray us as agressor.

Back
Top Bottom