What's new

Pakistan officially inducts HQ 9 Air Defence system

I wonder what the airforce would be looking at for their buy?
Aster 30 might be in line ??
D8F0962C-05E5-46F3-8FB2-283F9495CD66.jpeg

General Qamar Javed Bajwa, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) visited Army Air Defence Centre Karachi today . On arrival COAS laid floral wreath at Shahuada monument.

According to ISPR, COAS witnessed commissioning of state of the art Chinese origin HQ-9/P HIMADS (High to Medium Air Defence System) into Pakistan Army Air Defence. Lieutenant General Hamood uz Zaman Khan; Commander Army Air Defence Command briefed COAS about strategic weapon system.

Induction of HIMADS will significantly enhance Comprehensive Layered Integrated Air Defence (CLIAD) shield of aerial frontiers of Pakistan as the system is fully integrated through a well-knit Digitised System on its inventory. Capable of intercepting multiple air targets including aircrafts, cruise missiles and Beyond Visual Range Weapons at ranges over 100 kilometres with Single Shot Kill Probability, HQ-9/P is considered as a strategic long range Surface to Air Missile (SAM) with remarkable flexibility and precision.

Speaking at the occasion, COAS said that induction of high-tech systems will make Pakistan’s air defence impenetrable in the emerging threat scenario. Highlighting the criticality of air defence in the overall defence of motherland, COAS said exemplary synergy between Pakistan Air Force and Pakistan Army Air Defence makes country’s air defence impregnable. Pakistan–China strategic partnership and defence collaboration is a factor of stability in the region, COAS remarked.

Senior officials from China were also present on the occasion, the ISPR added.

Great news at last they confirmed it.

Shouldn't it be PAF's induction though?? Long range high altitude air defense had been PAF's responsibility. Or may be there was some friction between the forces as PAF would have preferred more fighters over defensive only SAM systems so Army got them instead.

Regardless of that it still a great news for Pakistan. Now officially we have high altitude air and missile defense systems.
then why china itself had to buy S400?
Just to test them, compare them against their own systems and probably extract any valuable tech which they missed out. Maybe better rockets :azn:

Same goes for Su-35s for their brand new engines.

We know the HQ9 or not, leave this on us. You must remember, this system along with JF17 block 3 , AWACS in network centric warfare will roast your newly imported God "rafale"
No more sir g Kal strike dramas then. Now they have to do those fake strikes within their own borders :rofl:
@serenity if China is using S-400 surely its not as good as some of the PDFers are claiming it to be?
China has better Aesa radar tech than Russia. S-400 was bought by Chinese only as stopgap measure and to test their tech too. Since China had not that much long range SAM back then. But newer models of HQ-9 are comparable to S-400 in range and better in all other aspects.

It would be game changer for us
Hq 9 and SAMPT can crush any Fighter jet if we succeded in protecting them for long time during war.

May be Army wants air defence missiles in numbers. western systems are very expensive so can't be acquired in numbers.thats why Hq 9 p.

Also nowadays, Army is just feeling comfortable with Chinese systems.just saying :D
Pakistan has now complete air defense solution package of Chinese origin from short to medium and long range SAM systems and they can be integrated into a single multi layered Air Defence system now. A comprehensive lethal air defense.

Aster 30 might be in line ??
View attachment 785315
Unlikely as France is one of the suppliers, they'll probably block it.

That said, the PAF could potentially acquire the CAMM-ER. It has the range (40+ km) to start building out the shorter-side of the PAF's HiMADS (i.e., the same role as the LY-80 in the Army) and complement the Spada-2000-Plus. If the PAF wants a long-range SAM, it could look at the HQ-9BE.

By looking at curious arguments about range, I would rather say that let it be checked by Intruder and see if it is 100 or 200 or around 275+- km with confirm kill zone.

Notice the brochure specifically states "100+ KM for one hit kill probability"

The grammar seems to be off but what they are implying is that its no escape zone is 100+km (since you would only need 1 missile and it would have a very high probability).

This means its max range is double.

I dont think Pakistan need more than 5-6 batteries of these systems. More than likely the first 2-3 may be the HQ9B variants followed by HQ9BE variants to be followed. Better to get upgrades in smaller increments but 5-6 batteries is enough considering our land mass.

It can shoot down BVR missiles (Meteor, R-77) at 100km? Sounds like a huge deal to me. But how can you IFF an air to air missile...
What's the point of shooting down a BVR AA missile! That too from Sam!! o_Oo_O

From a strategic point of view Pakistan can now deploy a HQ9P battery in waziristan and cover the airspace of Kabul ;)

Also in wartime Pakistan can station 1-2 battery along Iranian border and no one would ever think of a misadventure or sneak attack.

Still there is one question in my mind that air force chief is the sole responsible for all air defence yet army orders them and induct them it is not their portfolio to integrate high end air defence and airforce dont have any say on it

LY 80
HQ 9
another air defnce system from china i forgotten its name all are army air defence command

Only spada 2000 in air force command
What if Army panics and launches those missiles in fog of war and hit friendly jets in the sky! I am too surprised by Army's acquisition of long range SAMs. Maybe air force wasn't willing to get them instead preferred to concentrate more on fighters. Now airforce would have to cooperate and integrate their systems with Army to avoid any friendly fire incident.

Back
Top Bottom