What's new

Pakistan officially inducts HQ 9 Air Defence system

Thats the raising of 4th HIMAD regiment......which makes almost a dozen LOMAD and HIMAD regiments combined, with more still being raised.....wonder where all are they....?
On tik tok getting filmed by retards , One (HQ16) went viral a few weeks ago , filmed near one of the larger ammo dumps.

Last edited:
I am not a militiary engineer. Kindly elaborate what is this ""HQ-9/P HIMADS (High to Medium) Air Defence System ??
Is it comparable to S-400 system and Ly-80 SAM system ?

I am not a militiary engineer. Kindly elaborate what is this ""HQ-9/P HIMADS (High to Medium) Air Defence System ??
Is it comparable to S-400 system and Ly-80 SAM system ?
It's more capable than starship enterprise. (Internet indian mode engaged)

Not seeing many brave Indian Bhakts on PDF :coffee: lately

• First , the beat down of Indian Soldiers by Chinese Army
  • Now news of Teeka, HQ9

Double Whammy !!

Only remaining humiliation is if Bangladeshi Troops also do a number on Indians Soldiers on their border
:big_boss:

Heard Sikh Farmers still angry and now few Military Divisions with Sikh soldiers refused to fight for India

Last edited:
Given the Indians were terrified of using their air force after spanking of Feb 2019 and moved to missiles pretty early, curious what their go to will be in case of another false flag? With Rafale they were hoping to be able to circumvent that but with this system they will be more cautious - losing a Rafale will be big embarrassment. Maybe like 2016 claim some crazy local surgical strike without doing anything. Going straight to missiles is an insane option and either way we may have superior delivery systems to them. This purchase just made much of the Indian Air Force redundant. Money well spent.

FK1000
1634306824482.jpeg

FK2000
1634306906355.jpeg

If Air Force force wants it, they can buy it. What do you mean “given to” 🤔

PAs HQ-9 version is as good as we need it to be, it’s pointless to discuss what version it is because we’ll likely never find out unless the army reveals it itself. Given the name however, it’s Likely HQ-9B with Pakistan-specific modifications.

It’s just there for display I assume. It’s an Orleikon GDF-007 35MM AA cannon.

There isn’t exactly a Chinese equivalent to Pantsir. But they have other SRSAM systems we can look at.

But they do have a TOR equivalent system which could be good for moving forces.

The Crotales and Anzas are still extremely capable systems. Last I heard the Crotales were upgraded to the 4000 standard and Pakistan is even producing its own domestic version in house. The Anza series has also been updated and has been placed on many different vehicles thoughout the PA.

In a realtime conflict I would bet you the Crotales/Anzas would still take out more IAF assets compared to other SAM systems.

There are just too many technologies around these days against SAMS. The induction of the HQ9Ps should be seen as an increase in strategic deterence. IAF Rafales/Mirages/ SU30s would think many times before coming anywhere near the border.

Furthermore people forget that inoperability between the PA/PLA will increase significantly with the introduction of joint systems such as the HQ9, J10C, VT4, e

In a dense war environment the front lines will be taking the brute of air strikes so it is only natural that they shoot down a large chunk. The US did a lot of studies during the cold war on this. That is why in Europe- NATO has thousands of hummers equipped with stingers and only a few dozen batteries of Hawks (short range 25km?) whereby the soviets had hundreds of much larger range SA-2, SA5s with much longer ranges.

The US expected to take out hundreds of soviet helis/jets in the first few hours of war using these hummers as point defence interceptors. All these studies are available online or youtube.
I agree with you Sir. If we will keep eye on indian SAM system deployment, then same goes for our SAMs also. And if the war broke out these Large SAM batteries of both countries would first target of both opponent air forces. And they might be successful in destroying few of those. But smaller systems like manpads hanza mk 1,2 , stinger can more easy to use by battlefield troops in case of air attack upon them.and these systems would be more effective and quick response.
Large SAM systems are fearful for the enemy forces. But in effectiveness the small manpads are also very important and useful , we are using them from 80s.thanks.

I vaguely remember reading about a Chinese equivalent of Pantsir. With HQ9 and other Chinese air defense systems acquired prior...it would make sense to just go for that Chinese Pantsir equivalent(granted that it has a satisfactory performance after evaluation). It would be a nice plug and play with the rest of the Chinese origin air defense systems.
It all depends upon the system and maturity of it. I have no idea what development would be in place now but what is always going to be more important than tools is their interoperability. That is what the PAF has focused on more than the IAF and is its greatest force multiplier.

Considering Indians have the best IT sector in the world with fantastic subject matter expert’s on integrating both different software protocols and hardware systems - its a mystery why their systems are mostly struggling to talk to each other or facing basic API integration issues on the backend.

It all depends upon the system and maturity of it. I have no idea what development would be in place now but what is always going to be more important than tools is their interoperability. That is what the PAF has focused on more than the IAF and is its greatest force multiplier.

Considering Indians have the best IT sector in the world with fantastic subject matter expert’s on integrating both different software protocols and hardware systems - its a mystery why their systems are mostly struggling to talk to each other or facing basic API integration issues on the backend.
It could be because their best experts aren't in the armed forces or state-owned industries. Or bad project management.

One of Pakistan's few redeeming qualities is that no matter the direction (off-the-shelf, assembly, license-production, or indigenous)...if we set it, we get it done. Our project management and top-down synergy seem really effective. Obviously, that doesn't help with technical inefficiencies or org culture issues, but from a "getting from point A to point B" standpoint, it works. India seems to have a lot of middle-layer inefficiencies.

Back
Top Bottom