What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

The Type 054A was usually commissioned 1 year after being launched.

So the first two ships will be launched by spring 2020, and being commissioned one year later.

Hi,

The first year is to put the machine thru its paces---making it face all kinds of operational scenarios---finding and correcting as many flaws as could be find---.

The builder and the training crew are on the vessel---. Once the vessel is handed over to the crew---the crew then goes thru training and induction of all systems---.

Now---I do not know if the Pak navy has two crews per ship or does it have three crews per ship or just simply one---? All the crews will have to be systematically trained to get the best out of the Frigate---.

Last edited:
Hi,

The first year is to put the machine thru its paces---making it face all kinds of operational scenarios---finding and correcting as many flaws as could be find---.

The builder and the training crew are in the vessel---. Once the vessel is handed over to the crew---the crew then goes thru training and induction of all systems---.

Now---I do not know if the Pak navy has two crews per ship or does it have three crews per ship or just simply one---? All the crews will have to be systematically trained to get the best out of the Frigate---.

The Type 054A is a mature product, and the quality control process will not be a lengthy period for sure.

Since all most Chinese military news have been focused on the bigger ships like the AC and Type 055, and we haven't heard of the Type 054A for a very long period.

I guess China could have already invited some Pakistani crews to train on the already commissioned Type 054A from the PLAN.

4.JPG
3.JPG
2.JPG
1.JPG

Last edited:
I always wondered why type56 is not a full multiple role Corvette . . Any idea?
It is just depended on what you need.
While PLAN has Type 054A FFG, Type 052C/D DDG and Type 055 DDG already, what PLAN needs are a large number of low-cost corvettes to do less-risky but dirty work, and then Type 056/A come out.

It is just depended on what you need.
While PLAN has Type 054A FFG, Type 052C/D DDG and Type 055 DDG already, what PLAN needs are a large number of low-cost corvettes to do less-risky but dirty work, and then Type 056/A come out.
Is type 56A capable to deliver ssm, Sam and torpedoes in a single mission

The Type 054A is a mature product, and the quality control process will not be a lengthy period for sure.

Since all most Chinese military news have been focused on the bigger ships like the AC and Type 055, and we haven't heard of the Type 054A for a very long period.

I guess China could have already invited some Pakistani crews to train on the already commissioned Type 054A from the PLAN.

Hi,

That is agreeable---. 054 has been thru the ringer and the team building this ship is very well versed in its manufacture process---.

Hi,

That is agreeable---. 054 has been thru the ringer and the team building this ship is very well versed in its manufacture process---.

Hi,

What most posters or readers may not know that these ships are not for war only---they are there to enforce your writ over your ocean boundaries---.

With more vessels we would be able to control the theft of fish by foreign vessels from our seas---the vessels that we don't see or cannot reach in a timely manner---.

The type 054A will be a boon for PN. I just hope that PN starts looking 5-10 years down the line. With F-22P, MILGEM, and Type 054A, PN will have the requisite large vessels to be a highly effective force but it needs to stay with the times and that means sensors and weapons. Pakistan needs to work with Turkey/China/Russia/Italy or a combo of the above, to develop a medium range SAM in the 50-80km range which is quad packable. It also needs to aquire long range (150-250km) and the requisite sensors to guides said weapons. It needs to also start working (likely already has) on hypersonic AShM with range or ~300-350km. It also perhaps should begin work with China/Russia/or turkey on PDMS with capabilities similar to RAM blk 2. These above mentioned ships should also be equipped with the mentioned sensor and weapons.

The type 054A will be a boon for PN. I just hope that PN starts looking 5-10 years down the line. With F-22P, MILGEM, and Type 054A, PN will have the requisite large vessels to be a highly effective force but it needs to stay with the times and that means sensors and weapons. Pakistan needs to work with Turkey/China/Russia/Italy or a combo of the above, to develop a medium range SAM in the 50-80km range which is quad packable. It also needs to aquire long range (150-250km) and the requisite sensors to guides said weapons. It needs to also start working (likely already has) on hypersonic AShM with range or ~300-350km. It also perhaps should begin work with China/Russia/or turkey on PDMS with capabilities similar to RAM blk 2. These above mentioned ships should also be equipped with the mentioned sensor and weapons.
Just curious. Turkey and India - who warship technology is better?

It's time to think ahead and focus on compact 2,000-3,000-ton ship designs with an emphasis on low radar/acoustic/infrared signatures. The MILGEM is a start, but with the Jinnah-class we went with what was comfortable (e.g., CODAD).

The PN should take it to the next level by thinking about automation, packing more into a compact design, increase endurance via better fuel efficiency, etc.

Ideally, the future PN mainstay ship should be under 3,000 tons, but carry enough in terms of medium and long-range SAMs, subsonic and supersonic-cruising ASCM, and standard ASW capabilities. Likewise, it should show a heavy emphasis on concealing -- i.e., VLS for SAMs, innovate on slant ASCM/LACM launchers to reduce detectability, place sensors et. al within a superstructure.

Back
Top Bottom