What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

Chinese had launched two or more per year so 4 should be piece of cake [emoji512] 2020 sea trial etc will take it into 2021

Observed two different threads on similar subject hence, merged.

Regards,
plz make this a sticky thread as it hold most information on Type-54A/P of PN ....

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
For sake of record and compilation

Steel Cutting Ceremony for Second Type-54AP 20-Dec-2018

STEEL CUTTING CEREMONY OF TYPE-054AP FRIGATE 4 PN HELD IN CHINA 20 Dec 18.JPG

(link-1, link from APP news)

Steel Cutting Ceremony for Second Type-54AP (link-1, link-2)
21 December 2018

China held a steel-cutting ceremony for the second Type 054A frigate for the Pakistan Navy (PN) on 19 December, marking the beginning of construction of the vessel at the Hudong-Zhonghua shipyard in Shanghai.

The contract for two Type 054A frigates for the PN is believed to have been signed in 2017 and a further contract for two more ships was announced in June 2018, when it was also indicated that delivery of all four ships was expected to be complete by 2021.

The Type 054A has become the general-purpose workhorse of China's People's Liberation Army Navy (PLAN), with a class of 30 ships either commissioned or under construction.

Steel Cutting Ceremony for 2 more Type-054AP Frigates of PN was held held in China at 01-Nov-19
STEEL CUTTING CEREMONY OF 2 TYPE-054AP FRIGATES 4 PN HELD IN CHINA 01 Nov 19.JPG

(link)

Now the question is when was the steel cutting ceremony for FIRST Type-54AP was held ..... anyone have any detail .... ??

upload_2019-12-18_23-17-56.png

News is from same source and the source failed to express the news proparly that why then confusion . it may be be after signing the contract for type 54A frigate two Frigate construction on started together after a year PN place order for follow on order of two more frigate so another batch of two Frigate start in 2019 after 2018 , from the news it seem pakistan will get two in 2021 and anther two in 2023/24.

View attachment 594496

News is from same source and the source failed to express the news proparly that why then confusion . it may be be after signing the contract for type 54A frigate two Frigate construction on started together after a year PN place order for follow on order of two more frigate so another batch of two Frigate start in 2019 after 2018 , from the news it seem pakistan will get two in 2021 and anther two in 2023/24.
seems and reality is different. all 4 of them will be delivered by 2021 december. 2 in Q1 and 2 in Q4.

Please build them faster. There is a war coming next year.
War will be in 2021

Hi,

You kids are either so innocent that you don't know anything or you are simply illiterate---.

After getting the frigates you will need another 3-5 years to train on them to become proficient in fighting an enemy---.

Hi,

You kids are either so innocent that you don't know anything or you are simply illiterate---.

After getting the frigates you will need another 3-5 years to train on them to become proficient in fighting an enemy---.

I was being sarcastic! Apparently I should have clarified.

However, a war is coming.

It looks all four are under construction.

Two might deliver in 2020 while others two will be handed over in 2021.

Hi,

Also to note that in case of emergency which we are in due to Kashmir issue, that can happen any time whether people admit it or not. Pakistan navy according to my knowledge must have been training on Chinese PLAN navy type 054A of which I am sure that Chinese would have been supportive of.

Between, generally speaking don't call anyone kid. It does not make one professional and another idiot just because one spends too much time on PDF and other not. I mean no disrespect.

Last edited:
Agree to some extent, I too have doubt that training is being provided to our staff for both Type 54P and Submarines system.So that Navy can get grip as equipment is handed over officially.

Agree to some extent, I too have doubt that training is being provided to our staff for both Type 54P and Submarines system.So that Navy can get grip as equipment is handed over officially.

hi

it is not the training by itself. It is about putting the ship thru its paces as well and checking out the system.

it does take years to do that by the US navy.

otoh the chinese navy trains tests and integrates at the same time

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom