What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

to reload the batteries after firing?

Type 054 has an automatic weapons resupply system that informs the assigned supply ship of ammunition and parts it require.

it is called information systems (IS) for maintenance and inventory control, which automatically provides information to shore based facilities or supply ships on the parts in need, to the last detail.

@araz, let PN make the choice. I'm just a nobody from China. Prove me Chinese weapon don't have strict quality control process.
No Wang.
You are not a No one from China and You have been called out before as well.
I dont have anything against the Chinese arms industry and have a lot of admiration for its progress. However it has yet to do more to improve itself. This is what @Bilal Khan 777 says and when people do chest thumping he merely points out facts. Agree to disagree and let us move on. Enough bandwidth has been wasted on bickering which should never have been started. Let people have diverse opinions and respect that.
Regards

Let's leave previous debates, talk about ability v Western systems somewhere else.

The ship is great by many standards and China is a dear and the most trusted ally/brother/friend Pakistan has.

Let's leave previous debates, talk about ability v Western systems somewhere else.

The ship is great by many standards and China is a dear and the most trusted ally/brother/friend Pakistan has.

No one can make this ship obsolete to any western ship. It is a monster in it's class and loaded with electronic and conventional warfare systems. The video I posted above shows of a SAM being fired under ECM Jamming so you can understand the ships capabilities from that. Plus Russia is also one of the customers of this ship.

No Wang.
I dont have anything against the Chinese arms industry and have a lot of admiration for its progress. However it has yet to do more to improve itself. This is what @Bilal Khan 777 says and when people do chest thumping he merely points out facts. Agree to disagree and let us move on. Enough bandwidth has been wasted on bickering which should never have been started. Let people have diverse opinions and respect that.
Regards
Its always Beast do chest thumping, and I'm a more balanced poster. And Bilal Khan 777 still has my respect, because he fighted for Pakistan's indepedance. It's a quarrel within the family, it doesn't hurt.

No one can make this ship obsolete to any western ship. It is a monster in it's class and loaded with electronic and conventional warfare systems. The video I posted above shows of a SAM being fired under ECM Jamming so you can understand the ships capabilities from that. Plus Russia is also one of the customers of this ship.
Brother, you know we are now good at Anti-ECM jamming? Cause in 1996 Taiwan strait confrontation, our fleet was blacked out by USN EW aircraft, then China swear to develop EW capability and Anti-EW capacity to wash off the disgrace. All military drill since then run under the circumstance of EW Jamming, no matter ships or SAM.
It's our enemy teached us how to fight in modern war.

No pain, no progress.

Now JF17 is battle proved, as it shoot down a UAV from Mullah. Actually what is the definition of battle-proven? If china didn't have war in the last 30 years so all of our weapons are useless? It brings my IQ down to a new low level.

Type 96 tanks fight a war in Sudan, CH-4/5 UAV fight a war in Iraq and Yemen, PLZ45 Holwitzer fight a war in Yemen, even Type 26 Sniper fight a war in Phillipine with ISIS and in Syria war. Not to mention other Chinese made weapon like HJ8 ATGM fight in Syria and Iraq, J7 fights in Africa conflicts, HQ9 SAM is entering combat duty in Qatar, you just name it.
Not fight doesn't mean not able to fight.
Chill bro ... What China is facing today , Japan faced in 70s and 80s ... Actually China started from low cost low tech manufacturer and that perception is still there ...

China has developed far ahead as compared to previous decade ... Actually the issue is we are not understanding the fact the technological gap between China during last decade has reduced significantly ... Having said thia there are some areas which still need significant improvements such as data fusion and ability to share information of multiple platforms ... Data networking capabilities ...

Chill bro ... What China is facing today , Japan faced in 70s and 80s ... Actually China started from low cost low tech manufacturer and that perception is still there ...

China has developed far ahead as compared to previous decade ... Actually the issue is we are not understanding the fact the technological gap between China during last decade has reduced significantly ... Having said thia there are some areas which still need significant improvements such as data fusion and ability to share information of multiple platforms ... Data networking capabilities ...
Data networking capability and EW capability is the future of modern warfare and the emphasis of PLA in the coming ten years. They are big fans of USA airforce and navy, so they will develop exactly what USA is capable.
Anyway, nice post.
And now we are developing quantum data networking&communication, which is leading the development in the world.
Maybe the Sub PN induct will using quantum data networking and transmission in the future, the technology now enters into application stage in China.

Last edited:
Believe China, and we will give you miracle.

And Pakistan will make progress joining hands with China.

I'm here advocating that if Pakistani brother really wanna understand China, you shall learn Chinese. And search the phrase"军队数据网络化传输和共享“ on Baidu, you can find thousands article about it. What we share in PDF is just the tip of ice berg.

Why does the design looks so dated?

Because it is. Navy behind again. Arms procurement always behind a generation playing constant catch-up. The corruption and incompetence in the armed forces also needs to be addressed if Pak is to progress.

What if key subsystems don't work as advertised during battle? Chinese equipment is made by workers in state owned factories. They have very low wages. What do you expect? World class systems?
This isn't the 1990s anymore. Those questions you pose can be asked about any platform, western or chinese. World class systems? What does that even mean? Please define. The Chinese have a "world class" destroyer. Pound for pound the best there is. Best quality etc.

The issue was, and still remains, PN's questionable acquisitions. While the Chinese are moving on from the 054a and offering newer designs for export, PN does what it usually does and goes for the 2nd to latest generation design.

Can VLS be reloaded at the time of war scenario or all ships have fix number of missiles i-e 1 per cannister ?

pretty sure its type 054B not A since all new 54 Will be B variants in production with 70+ km range for SAM which is badass. Im pretty dissapointed by the fact that 75mm Main gun is very low for 4000 ton frigate it should be atleast 100mm its not just about rapid fire but penetration ability and range.

There are lots of western licker and maybe CIA personnel in this forum. They want to confuse the public by spreading ambiguous negative statement to hit Pakistani's morale, You don't have to take it seriously. :pakistan::china:
They think they know something, actually they just pretend knowing something to make themselves look important. The truth is they ain't know sh&t.

Actually the communist father almost crashed the Nazi on their own to save Europe's arse in WW2. The western mother are so fraid of casualty and choosed to drop two nukes on Japan. The more you lick the west, the more you make yourself loo funny.

A man live with prejudice and always live in the past can't make anything right.

:tdown:

Did i hit a nerve here? too bad.

Did not China weapon sold to Pakistan kill any individual enemy since our relationship establishment in 1960s? Or it's not battle proven just because you didn't use it in war?

When I heard the word of western mother, I almost throw up.

Valuable post or just shit?

Flattering has its limit.

PDF has tendency to flatter each other between Proffesional and Consultant no matter it's right or wrong? Today I'm trying to break it.i gonna earn the respect China is due.

members can only flatter you?

Believe China, and we will give you miracle.

And Pakistan will make progress joining hands with China.

I'm here advocating that if Pakistani brother really wanna understand China, you shall learn Chinese. And search the phrase"军队数据网络化传输和共享“ on Baidu, you can find thousands article about it. What we share in PDF is just the tip of ice berg.

Kindly stop your propaganda, abusive style and threats. I am sure you are wrapped in Chinese flag but you have anything objective to say?

No Wang.
Regards

Battle proven in what battle? There is difference between in-service and battle proven. Little Chinese boys and their big egos dont impress me. I am well aware fo the technology Chinese are at, and their developments. This online bickering has no value.

There are lots of western licker and maybe CIA personnel in this forum. They want to confuse the public by spreading ambiguous negative statement to hit Pakistani's morale, You don't have to take it seriously. :pakistan::china:
They think they know something, actually they just pretend knowing something to make themselves look important. The truth is they ain't know sh&t.

Actually the communist father almost crashed the Nazi on their own to save Europe's arse in WW2. The western mother are so fraid of casualty and choosed to drop two nukes on Japan. The more you lick the west, the more you make yourself loo funny.

A man live with prejudice and always live in the past can't make anything right.

:tdown:
You should mind your word choice "iron brother".

So I have licking the west and instead I should lick you? I should believe everything China says? China will always deliver what they promise? Chinese weapons are state of the art?
What are you arguing about? Why do you have to disrespect people to make your point? Or do you ever have a point?

Chinese weapons are built for the Saturation Doctrine...more for less.
Pakistan is used to using western weapons for precision weapons, less for more.
Both types have different usage and maintenance philosophies.

If you are unable to understand simple concepts, and feel you can go around and use insulting words in somehow defending the honour of your country, you are doing the right opposite. You are only demonstrative that the official and unofficial representatives of the PLA online cannot defend the honor of motherland, rather only show how immature you are.

Coming back to the relationship in the 1960s, we built that relationship. If you little knickers, you have no idea that I have met Chairman Mao, the great leader. Have you? Clueless you are.

China today is a vendor to Pakistan. It sells, we buy. That is it. Stop acting like you are giving us any favors or we are your little poodle that you can just get online and abuse. The level of Delivery of Chinese platforms equipment is well known with us. It is a acceptable risk that we take. That does not make it infallible and state of the art.

You can calm the hell down now, or keep behaving like you have only to exemplify your level of maturity.

Kind wishes to all.

Pakistan should buy better warships from Turkey, US, France, UK and so on.
Best wishes!
So, everyone will be happy.

There is a percentage mix in the policy, but many western countries bow to the US policy and hence are not likely suppliers.

100% Chinese comes this forum because our goverment educate us that Pakistan is our iron brother since we are young. It's about deep passion for Pakistan.
Then our iron brother shall have faith in us, and we will be together growing into a new high level in the future.
Pakistan is China's Israel, it never changes.
I know Chinese weapon is not the best in all areas, but definitely it can fight hard in war.

Does that give you the right to abuse Pakistani members here, who may have a different opinion than yours?

In a 32 cell VLS, any mix n match of SAM and cruise missiles would only serve to dilute either capability.

Agreed. These are procured as AD Ships, and thats their role. This is a gap in PN since Brook/Garcias were returned, and hence a welcome addition. The threat to PN platforms from "Brahmos" is now effectively covered with LY-80 SAM at sea.

If you look at my original post, I welcomed this decision by PN. This is necessary for the Fleet and our SLOCs. However, kindly control the little kids online from spewing hatred and abuse.

This isn't the 1990s anymore. Those questions you pose can be asked about any platform, western or chinese. World class systems? What does that even mean? Please define. The Chinese have a "world class" destroyer. Pound for pound the best there is. Best quality etc.

The issue was, and still remains, PN's questionable acquisitions. While the Chinese are moving on from the 054a and offering newer designs for export, PN does what it usually does and goes for the 2nd to latest generation design.

This is a policy of every country, and China maybe no exception. The best of the designs are for PLA only. Indeed China has progressed but the cutting edge will never be for export. For the export market, Pakistan being the centroid, there is the export version. Due to the immense technological gap of 1990's since us lagging behind, all input is valuable.

Nope. IIRC none of our ships have such a radar at the moment, but I imagine the stand-off range target detection and tracking can be done via the KE AEW&C (which should have OTH capability)

With the Type 054A, we'll have a surface-level OTHR. I suppose the only area left would be land-based OTHR (for Zarb). China's SLR-66 OTHR works from both ships and land, so we could just get a bunch of those (for the Type 054A and coastal AShM units).

For indian planners who thought of sinking the pakistani surface fleet at the onset of a high intensity conflict would have to replan their OPS plans.

Additionally, the procurement of this ship signifies something else. This signals that Pakistan has now standardized LY-80 as its LOMAD system across the tri-services. Its quite possible that you will see more acquisitions of LY-80, as Pakistan comes closer to declaring / announcing its candidate for HI-MAD/ABM system, the last piece of the nuclear triad.

With the procurement of LY-80 SAM, and its navalized version at sea, the policy makers have effectively demonstrated sound judgement at Joint Staff and each headquarter level not to overly diversify key strategic systems. They have clearly filled the gap in our air defense, and rendered the heavy indian investment in strategic bombers and PGMs less effective than desired to their policy makers. On the naval side, the fear of many ASMs including Harpoon and Brahmos is now contained. I hope the same sound policy and procurement decisions follow the HI-MAD sector.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom