What's new

Pakistan Navy seeking new jet power maritime patrol aircraft MPA

I thought ex-chief was talking about a regional airplane or something smaller as Beechcraft King Air class.

I suppose bro we won't really know until Pakistan approaches the Japanese regarding this. Personally I don't see the Chinese being so draconian regarding such a purchase. Someone also mentioned the cost, which is problematic.
SmartSelect_20181026-014837_Chrome.jpg

Am not sure why do you think Getting Japanese defence goods easily... They had self imposed ban until 2014, later relaxed the ban with certain conditions... it is unlikely to get them from Japan, as Pakistan close ally of China...

View attachment 507596

Am not sure why do you think Getting Japanese defence goods easily... They had self imposed ban until 2014, later relaxed the ban with certain conditions... it is unlikely to get them from Japan, as Pakistan close ally of China...

Nope China has nothing to do with it, although the likely to get involved in conflict part can be an issue. I didn’t say Pakistan can get arms easily, you made that up yourself...

Nope China has nothing to do with it, although the likely to get involved in conflict part can be an issue. I didn’t say Pakistan can get arms easily, you made that up yourself...

Chinese may not have problem... but Japs might, they are well aware of Pakistan close relation wth china.. Japs fear their tech may end up in chinese hands... well i might be wrong, but i think it is unlikely. .
Lol, yes I know bro ($140-160 million each) but Pakistan could win a favourable deal considering it was also rejected by New Zealand.

Chinese may not have problem... but Japs might, they are well aware of Pakistan close relation wth china.. Japs fear their tech may end up in chinese hands... well i might be wrong, but i think it is unlikely. .

Well you can always say what 'might' happen and the whole thing about tech falling into the hands of the Chinese is overplayed, especially since the Chinese domestic weapons complex is huge, Japan has little in comparison.

Stick to atr and like turkey, Italy etc a d get 8-10 or so instead of 3-4 larger platforms to replace p-3s anyway it’s 10 to 15 years before replacement is needed unless p-3 spares/support are too expansive comparatively

Well you can always say what 'might' happen and the whole thing about tech falling into the hands of the Chinese is overplayed, especially since the Chinese domestic weapons complex is huge, Japan has little in comparison.

Yet Japanese got critical thinking about their tech from decades... Chinese defence complex is huge...Jap restrained themselves, they have limited capabilities... yet handing over piece of equipment to chinese main ally is not good idea... as it is their MPA in SCS, which intend to look after chinese subs....

One of the bonuses of the P3C is its ability to carry 8 Harpoons. Chinese anti ship missiles in Pakistani inventory are more capable than the Harpoon. Swordfish I dont know if it can be paired with the Chinese Anti ship missiles. So a Y-9 anti ship variant would be a very attractive offer.

P-3Cs at current are adequate and infact P-8 shares alot of P3C systems.
but India uses them shouldn't that be an issue?

Swordfish is coming watch and see ;)

but India uses them shouldn't that be an issue?

It's more of an issue for India as Pakistan has been operating the P-3Cs since 1996 with upgrades. PN is now diversifying into other platforms like the MPA ATR-72 induction and other options. So adversary using similar sensors is covered, while the Indian Navy's primary anti submarine aircraft will be using a sensor suite it's adversary already has considerable experience on.
Another big issue for India is both Agosta and Scorpene submarine use the SUBTICs combat management system, PN is upgrading its Agosta with an alternative management system from Turkey so again India will be fielding a sensor suite Pakistan has considerable experience with.

Too Big and Too expensive for PN requirement. This is not what they are looking for
I'd also keep an eye on what the Turks do as well. They've just begun a business jetliner-based EW jammer aircraft program, wouldn't surprise me if they extend to a Swordfish-like MPA as well.

I'd also keep an eye on what the Turks do as well. They've just begun a business jetliner-based EW jammer aircraft program, wouldn't surprise me if they extend to a Swordfish-like MPA as well.

The leading country (price & specifications wise) for a Jet MPA integration remains the US. Followed by UK and EU. These countries have matured platforms in use worldwide. Turks may be newbies in this field and it will take some time for them to catch up. TAI is capable enough to have this ability in store within a few years time.

Back
Top Bottom