What's new

Pakistan Navy seeking new jet power maritime patrol aircraft MPA

No. PAC simply refurbished the EriEye when they got a quote they could not afford from Saab-Ericsson
PAC is developing a jet that is a confirm news and delegations have visited many European countries and Asian countries in this context. The only issue here is time frame of the development. It all depends how eager the Navy is because Pakistani domestic platform is coming.

PAC is developing a jet that is a confirm news and delegations have visited many European countries and Asian countries in this context. The only issue here is time frame of the development. It all depends how eager the Navy is because Pakistani domestic platform is coming.

I know PAC well. Other than assembling JF17, Mushaks, Falco UAV, Mirages etc they do not have the capability nor the capacity to ‘develop’ a multipurpose jet aircraft that can be used as a MPA.

I know PAC well. Other than assembling JF17, Mushaks, Falco UAV, Mirages etc they do not have the capability nor the capacity to ‘develop’ a multipurpose jet aircraft that can be used as a MPA.
Lol.
This very statement of yours show that you know nothing about PAC my friend. PAC has so much experience in maintaining the Pakistani C-130 fleet that they are now giving services to other countries. Do you know the time line of PAC experience in C-130 and ATR. Please check it first and then shed the light on the issue. My friend PAC is a very capable institute of Pakistan and the capabilities of PAC are beyond measure. They are good and well known around the world developing any such platform is easy for them.

Lol.
This very statement of yours show that you know nothing about PAC my friend. PAC has so much experience in maintaining the Pakistani C-130 fleet that they are now giving services to other countries. Do you know the time line of PAC experience in C-130 and ATR. Please check it first and then shed the light on the issue. My friend PAC is a very capable institute of Pakistan and the capabilities of PAC are beyond measure. They are good and well known around the world developing any such platform is easy for them.
Do you have even an iota of engineering knowledge to comprehend how complex it is to design AND manufacture your own JET aircraft? Or maybe even some comprehension skills to understand the difference between MAINTENANCE and DEVELOPMENT.

Learn something useful using the internet instead of being an all-knowing scholar and feeding people gibberish.

Do you have even an iota of engineering knowledge to comprehend how complex it is to design AND manufacture your own JET aircraft? Or maybe even some comprehension skills to understand the difference between MAINTENANCE and DEVELOPMENT.

Learn something useful using the internet instead of being an all-knowing scholar and feeding people gibberish.

I totally understand your point but the announcement of developing a platform is also there.

PAC is quite good at C-130 and they have many helping hands from outside as well.

Plus PAC has done great airframe work on Y-12 aircrafts as well.

Lol.

After @The Deterrent reply above to your ‘knowledgeable’ commentary here, I have nothing else to add

After @The Deterrent reply above to your ‘knowledgeable’ commentary here, I have nothing else to add
Don't need your addition my friend and at least visit the PAC website to see what they can do. Plus what our military heads are saying just read that news. PAC is well capable of many things.

Don't need your addition my friend and at least visit the PAC website to see what they can do. Plus what our military heads are saying just read that news. PAC is well capable of many things.

Why can’t Pakistan work with Spain on improved version of CN-295?

I totally understand your point but the announcement of developing a platform is also there.

PAC is quite good at C-130 and they have many helping hands from outside as well.

Plus PAC has done great airframe work on Y-12 aircrafts as well.

where i didn't see in the clip @BHarwana :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::crazy::crazy: and give us the source that tell us we are in the development phase of jet aircraft, go live on your wet dream/wishful thinking/fantasy world @BHarwana :blah::blah::blah:

Why can’t Pakistan work with Spain on improved version of CN-295?
we are talking jet bro not a turboprop aircraft @jupiter2007 :p::P;):D

where i didn't see in the clip @BHarwana :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::crazy::crazy: and give us the source that tell us we are in the development phase of jet aircraft, go live on your wet dream/wishful thinking/fantasy world @BHarwana :blah::blah::blah:

we are talking jet bro not a turboprop aircraft @jupiter2007 :p::P;):D

I have already talked about this few months back in other thread and gave few options.

Aircraft Service entry Role Quantity

Airbus A310 (A310-300 2009 VIP transport 1

Boeing 707 (707-320) 1986 Heavy-lift transport 2

Cessna Citation V VIP transport 1

Gulfstream IV 2004 commander/executive transport roles 4

Embraer Phenom (Phenom 100) 2009 VIP transport 4

Ilyushin Il-78 (Il-78MK) 2009 MRTT 4

Antonov An-26 Medium-lift transport 1

Beech C-12 Huron Utility aircraft, training 1

Lockheed C-130 Hercules 1960 Tactical (theatre) transport 18

Lockheed C-130B 1960s 5

Lockheed C-130E 5

Lockheed C-130E (ex-Australian) 2005 2

C-130 H 6

CASA CN-235 2004 Medium-lift tactical transport 4

Harbin Y-12 (Y-211) 1980s Utility 2

Saab 2000 2008 VIP transport, training 1

If economic conditioned improved, Pakistan does have options on the military transport planes.

1) Surplus Transport planes from USA/Europe

2) Spain& Indonesia: EADS CASA N-235 ($28 million each)/C-295 ($36 million each)

3)Brazil: Embraer KC-390 [Medium-sized transport aircraft] (US$50 million each)

Embraer KC-390 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4) Chinese Shaanxi Y-9

C-295 is very close to Saudi/Ukraine project An-132 in size and weight.

Ukraine options: Antonov An-70 Transport / Cargo Aircraft and short-range medium transport aircraft, the Antonov An-178. Turkish Transport plane project is based on Ukrainian An-178.

Chinese option Shaanxi Y-9x

CASA/IPTN CN-235 or C-295 is a good option if we can work with Spain and Indonesia.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing. They need orders, expected the Royal Navy to bag a few but we went for the P8 instead.

59c5163b19d2f5bd188b45c2-750-500.jpg

It ain’t happening bro. Japs won’t allow it.

You propose mixture of turbo prop and jet, but PN only wanted jet petrol aircraft @jupiter2007

And what about British Nimrod @jupiter2007 :angel:

Yes, keep the low and heavy combination.
ATR72 on the lighter side, slow but fuel efficient can be upgraded for desired results.
My suggestion is to add more Turob prop since they are cheaper.

Our options are limited for the heavy plane. Kawasaki P-1 will probably cost around $160 million each and it's not offfered to Pakistan and Japanese might refuse to sell it to us.
Saab GlobalEye system costs U.S. $238 million per aircraft might be out of our reach at this time.
Nimrod MRA4? why? I thought it was canceled.

Last edited:
Nimrod MRA4? why?
I thought it was canceled.

Turob prop are cheaper (under 80 million), Kawasaki P-1 will probably cost around $160 million each, Saab GlobalEye system costs U.S. $238 million per aircraft.
its not me and you that which one (turbo prop) is cheaper, they already knows that which one is cheaper but PN want jet MPA aircraft @jupiter2007 :p:;):enjoy:

And as for Nimrod i am talking about currently they are (britisher) using or in their reserve because Nimrod is far more cheaper than brand new MPA like P-8 or P-1 @jupiter2007 think about it @jupiter2007 :p::P;):enjoy:

Airbus Introducing A320neo MPA at EURONAVAL2018.
The aircraft combines state-of-the-art technologies with the most modern, reliable and cost-efficient platform for long range Anti-Submarine Warfare.

IMG_20181026_002927.jpg
IMG_20181026_002930.jpg
IMG_20181026_002934.jpg
IMG_20181026_002932.jpg

Back
Top Bottom