What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

Looks like Pak might follow Turkey’s path to safeguard her EEZ:
  • 5k km rage Akinji/Aksungur UAVs with naval SIGINT and Anti-ship/submarine capabilities. Couple it with AESA radars and A2A capability. They’ll work as airborne naval checkpoints
  • Light aircraft carriers with TB3 tactical UAV, MIUS jet powered combat UAV etc.
  • Highly classified MILGEM based SIGINT and ELINT ship
  • Unmanned naval platforms with deadly speed and deadlier weapons/sensors package
  • Etc.

Without a long range Naval multi role fighter, this is still a weak navy in my view. JF-17, Mirages are not going to cut it. Depending purely on PAF for air support is also not going to cut it.

So, here's the thing. By 2027, Pakistan's entire EEZ, Gwadar-Mombasa and Gwadar-Dijbouti corridors need to be secured and IN needs to be interdicted, surveilled at all times. If Pakistan went by just aerial assets, it'd have been a costly venture. As things are progressing as per plans, IN will not find it easy coming to North/NorthWestern IOR (let alone our shores) in 5 years or so.
Mombasa GWD= 4000km
Dijbouti GWD= 2500 km.
Surveillance needs satellites. And not small ones like the ones we have put up with China, but big ones like the Russian/Soviet RORSAT, which requires big *** SLV's (on the scale of a Delta III or even a Falcon 9).
Interdiction requires carriers, its not happening with our puny single-engined Thunders.

I guess PN should negotiate with Agusta Westland to upgrade the whole Sea King fleet with the latest Avionics and Marine support systems.

Also, PN should plan (which is somehow already getting into shape) its future Aviation Fleet like this:
  • 10~12 AW-101 Naval
  • 10~12 AW-139 / AW-159 Naval
  • 10~12 AW-109 Naval

• 10~12 Z-18 Naval
  • 10~12 Z-20 Naval
  • 10~12 Z-9EC Naval (already part of the PN Fleet)

I guess PN should negotiate with Agusta Westland to upgrade the whole Sea King fleet with the latest Avionics and Marine support systems.

Also, PN should plan (which is somehow already getting into shape) its future Aviation Fleet like this:
  • 10~12 AW-101 Naval
  • 10~12 AW-109 Naval

• 10~12 Z-18 Naval
  • 10~12 Z-20 Naval
Damn, that is one maintenance nightmare, better list could be:

10 - 12 BMW i8
10 - 12 Benz AMG One
10 - 12 Audi R8

10 - 12 Mustang GT500
10 - 12 Vet Z-8
10 - 12 Hellcat Demon

Much easier to maintain.

• 10~12 AW-101 Naval
  • 10~12 AW-109 Naval

• 10~12 Z-18 Naval
  • 10~12 Z-20 Naval
One single type either the AW139 or AW149 don’t need to make the fleet too complex or we will face supply chain issues like our neighbours

Back
Top Bottom