What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

Is it possible for the rim66 launchers to be installed on the yarmook corvettes?
They are almost 40 year old, with the newer VLS systems why try to integrate something that old.
The missiles may not be viable either after being in storage for such a long time.

They are almost 40 year old, with the newer VLS systems why try to integrate something that old.
The missiles may not be viable either after being in storage for such a long time.
Sad...

I love how fast you get to the point. =) On point, now add the next-gen component to it. Read up on what PLAN is doing in the SCS .. and what their neighbors are picking up in their waters and you'd get an idea of where I am coming from. =)
A string of UUVs equipped with passive sonabouys?

Even UUV is mentioned in the EX-Navy chief’s speech along with directed energy weapons.
Ok I will listen again that speech was a real treasure trove in terms of revelations of future programs of PN ....
Absolutely! One thing I keep thinking about is the offshore Hydrocarbon reserves he spoke about… if what he said is true and work is done on it then it’s massive!

Even UUV is mentioned in the EX-Navy chief’s speech along with directed energy weapons.

Absolutely! One thing I keep thinking about is the offshore Hydrocarbon reserves he spoke about… if what he said is true and work is done on it then it’s massive!

The 'silent service' part of the PN is taking its job very seriously. We have the 8 Hangor SSPs, but the current CNS said we're looking for SWATs, and Turkish's foreign minister said there are talks about collaborating on a submarine. Like the surface fleet, I think the sub-surface fleet is going to swell in a lot of directions, e.g., SWAT with AIP, full-size subs with AIP (Hangor plus some other type IMHO), and UUVs.

That said, I do think the PAF is working on bringing an aerial A2/AD capability. The ASR for AZM definitely allows for it (big twin-engine design), so besides deep strike, I think maritime ops is a thing. The PN's sub-surface efforts are aimed at neutralizing the IN's ships and subs, but AZM could be in the air to stop LRMPAs (that can threaten those sub-surface assets).

LOL! Nothing with a jet engine. =P
Ex CNS mentioned to increase the size of Marines and SSG-N so I guess a LHD/Amphibious Landing Ship could be in pipeline for Air Mobility and amphibious operations.

Hey can you please link the part about UUV's?

Please watch from 20:08

I think Pakistan has serious & capable professional people who can make UUVs.They are more effective and can go deeper then any manned platform.China has been working in this area and we can collaborate with them as well.

1628362646654.png

1628362740220.png

Looks like Pak might follow Turkey’s path to safeguard her EEZ:
  • 5k km rage Akinji/Aksungur UAVs with naval SIGINT and Anti-ship/submarine capabilities. Couple it with AESA radars and A2A capability. They’ll work as airborne naval checkpoints
  • Light aircraft carriers with TB3 tactical UAV, MIUS jet powered combat UAV etc.
  • Highly classified MILGEM based SIGINT and ELINT ship
  • Unmanned naval platforms with deadly speed and deadlier weapons/sensors package
  • Etc.

I heard we had a lot of issues trying to install newer hardware on the type 21s. Lack of experience, and other technical issues may have contributed to why the integration could not take place although I heard of the deck fracturing when an attempt was made to install some hardware as well. All in all PN has since been quite careful about installing newer hardware in house. I think things might have moved on since then and therefore we hope for the best.
A

These problems were real during the 1990s. But today, with the human resource at NRDI, although still very basic, a lot of these in-house redesign and modernization efforts can be undertaken. NRDI's benefit has been to provide a single-point, dedicated technical support resource to the entire Navy, to which all technical problems beyond the scope of routine maintenance and repair can be referred.

Back
Top Bottom