What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

91105169-9CB6-4528-84A8-7467FB8D7715.jpeg
29F1C877-CBF2-4051-BDAC-A29E6C1C432D.jpeg

054a flight deck not sure if sea king will be able to use it tonnage wise yes but dimension wise not sure 🤔

No we had the SAMS as well. But they could not be installed on any other platform afterwards. So kept in storage.
I heard we had a lot of issues trying to install newer hardware on the type 21s. Lack of experience, and other technical issues may have contributed to why the integration could not take place although I heard of the deck fracturing when an attempt was made to install some hardware as well. All in all PN has since been quite careful about installing newer hardware in house. I think things might have moved on since then and therefore we hope for the best.
A

I heard we had a lot of issues trying to install newer hardware on the type 21s. Lack of experience, and other technical issues may have contributed to why the integration could not take place although I heard of the deck fracturing when an attempt was made to install some hardware as well. All in all PN has since been quite careful about installing newer hardware in house. I think things might have moved on since then and therefore we hope for the best.
A
I had heard of hull stress as well. But in the end they were able to install the Harpoons and Phalanxes. The big 6 shot ASROC box launchers and the Mk 22 RIM 66 launchers from the Brooke class were too big. And Mk22 launchers required installation of under deck missile magazine that would have required extensive upgrade to an already 35 year old ship.

Perhaps along the lines of this?
2t2t332-min.jpg

But it would be really great if they are thinking that far out in terms of SLOCs
What I am talking about has nothing to do with aerial assets.

So, here's the thing. By 2027, Pakistan's entire EEZ, Gwadar-Mombasa and Gwadar-Dijbouti corridors need to be secured and IN needs to be interdicted, surveilled at all times. If Pakistan went by just aerial assets, it'd have been a costly venture. As things are progressing as per plans, IN will not find it easy coming to North/NorthWestern IOR (let alone our shores) in 5 years or so.

Now, everyone here is talking about the lethality of incoming Chinese ships and subs, but literally, no one has mentioned the primary role and capability they deploy in SCS. And there is the hint for what their role would be in securing the above areas for us.

Last edited:
What I am talking about has nothing to do with aerial assets.

So, here's the thing. By 2027, Pakistan's entire EEZ, Gwadar-Mombasa and Gwadar-Dijbouti corridors need to be secured and IN needs to be interdicted, surveilled at all times. If Pakistan went by just aerial assets, it'd have been a costly venture. As things are progressing as per plans, IN will not find it easy coming to North/NorthWestern IOR (let alone our shores) in 5 years or so.

Now, everyone here is talking about the lethality of incoming Chinese ships and subs, but literally, no one has mentioned the primary role and capability they deploy in SCS. And there is the hint for what their role would be in securing the above areas for us.
SOSUS type scene?

Few years back there was a porposal of SOSUS type monitoring sys for Pakistani coastline but due to some technical reason or because of Finance issue that project was not persuaded, so now they might be again thinking for such system
From what I remember, the Ex-Navy chief in his last speech clearly mentioned SOSUS type system.

I had heard of hull stress as well. But in the end they were able to install the Harpoons and Phalanxes. The big 6 shot ASROC box launchers and the Mk 22 RIM 66 launchers from the Brooke class were too big. And Mk22 launchers required installation of under deck missile magazine that would have required extensive upgrade to an already 35 year old ship.
Is it possible for the rim66 launchers to be installed on the yarmook corvettes?

From what I remember, the Ex-Navy chief in his last speech clearly mentioned SOSUS type system.
Ok I will listen again that speech was a real treasure trove in terms of revelations of future programs of PN ....

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom