What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

1627003426715.png

That’s almost $450 million for 4 heli I doubt pn has that kind of $$ so pn will go with Chinese z9 and z20 for future growth , I think 🤔

This price tag is for ASW version. IMO, PN, if ever followed AW-101, will buy a standard version for roles like air mobility, air assault, CSAR, etc. In this case, ASW choice will be different and more practical without a compromise on efficiency.

Last edited:
This price tag is for ASW version. PN, if ever followed AW-101, will buy a standard version for roles like air mobility, air assault, CSAR, etc. In this case, ASW choice will be different and more practical without a compromise on efficiency.

well pn sea king replacement need asw and asuw too for longer range and bow all newer ship can carry medium 10-15 ton class heli too

let’s see time will tell

That’s almost $450 million for 4 heli I doubt pn has that kind of $$ so pn will go with Chinese z9 and z20 for future growth , I think 🤔

Might not be bad deal when you consider the amount of supporting package the poles could have bought.

asw isn’t cheap, iirc the Indians paid something similar per unit for their mh60rs.

problem with z9s is the low loiter time and also dated sensors with not much capability to grow, it’s a platform being abandoned by the plan.

One of the reasons the helicopters for Poland are so expensive, is the transfer of knowledge. One of the Polish WZL companies will be doing modifications and maintenance to the choppers. And the transfer of knowledge is quite expensive. WZL has to pay a certain amount of money to be able to get the participation in this project.

View attachment 766847
PN reportedly acquired ex- Qatari sea kings.
This one above has had its QEAF embelem replaced by PN while the chopper might receive a new PN pa9ng job.

Great news, they have 11 in total, adds to the 8 in PN service and will make 19 in total if we make all operational, we can at least create another helicopter unit dedicated to transport Marines/SSGN

View attachment 766847
PN reportedly acquired ex- Qatari sea kings.
This one above has had its QEAF embelem replaced by PN while the chopper might receive a new PN pa9ng job.
These are their Sea King commando MK.3, they have Dorsal Radom and can carry AShMs. Qatar has 8 of these, plus three commando MK2A variants for assault and utility purpose. All commando variants have lengthened fuselages over normal sea kings iirc

Apparently 10 are being aquired which will be overhauled and some might be scrapped.

Well now looks like Sea King fleet is not going anywhere for at least another 10 years.

Be interesting to see what option we go with for MILGEM/Jinnah class....

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom