What's new

Pakistan Keen To Purchase F-16 Fleet From Norway: Mukhtar

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 spare kits? please help me what are you talking about.

I don't remember exact number but PAF had procured kits just enough to upgrade 36-existing fleet+26-second hand, with couple of more extra.
That's what i was referring.
If we need to upgrade more squadron we need to order more, which can be complicated considering, circumstances and leadership.

Last edited:
Bear with me for my lack of knowledge but can you please throw some light on spare parts??? I believe Norway would need approval from US before selling these F-16's to you...Now if they are allowing the re-sale of F-16's as such can't PAF simply buy spare parts from them???? Is it possible????
Pakistan already have the agreement in place from Bush-Musharraf era.
Pakistan had the permission to buy 26-30 used F-16, i don't think PAF has acquired the agreed amount.

I think perhaps PAF didn't liked the condition of USAF planes and now using same permission to buy it from US allies.

BTW.. i'm not replying to your remaining post but what ever you wrote is very childish.

I don't remember exact number but PAF had procured kits just enough to upgrade 36-existing fleet+26-second hand, with couple of more extra.
That's what i was referring.
If we need to upgrade more squadron we need to order more, which can be complicated considering, circumstances and leadership.

That does not make sense. MLU M3 is not like a kit that is acquired and kept at home and later sent overseas to be integrated in the air craft. To my understanding so far agreement has been signed and production has been started in US and all the systems will be sent to TAI which will then enter the phase of integrating in PAF F-16s.
Remember PAF original plan prior to 2005 earth quake was to build F-16 fleet up to 100+ and US did agree. So ordering more F-16s is not an issue with US.

The question we need to ask ourselves, " are we preparing ourselves for a long sustained conventional war" ?????

The only reason why i see pakistan getting so many planes is to keep its fleet flying even if US imposes sanctions on it during war with its enemies...

i dont see any other reasons why they will go for f16s when they can have J10 in their fleet...

Its the deterrent factor my friend.

India has a very large Military and we need to guarantee that any attack on Pakistani Soil will result in devastating Indian casualties that India would balk at any adventures across the border.

If we don't add more teeth to our arsenal and India keeps arming up, India will get complacent and arrogant and will attack Pakistan.

India needs to know that will drown in an ocean of tears and blood if it attacks Pakistan and that is what these F-16 will guarantee. :)

I think cheap second hand F16 could make good "drones" or remote control fighters for making deep ground strikes in enemy territory without risking loss of qualified pilot.

How will China react if Pakistan is buying military equipment from Norway, especially after the Noble peace prize issue?

How will China react if Pakistan is buying military equipment from Norway, especially after the Noble peace prize issue?

China trades with india even after so disputes......... so i dont think tht will be even a issue........

I think cheap second hand F16 could make good "drones" or remote control fighters for making deep ground strikes in enemy territory without risking loss of qualified pilot.
Would certainly be the most expensive drones in the World. Far easier to work on a UCAS from scratch than modify an F-16. Plus, who said we'll have access to the source codes and hardware?

Interesting question. Here's my take on it:

China hasn't stopped trading with Norway due to the Nobel issue. For example, Noway has off-shore oil reserves which the Chinese are interested in. Chinese government owned exploration and petroleum companies are helping them out. Norway, in fact, has a dedicated "China-strategy". For example, China is the leading producer of Solar and Wind Energy technology in the world, and Norway has plans to "green"-ify its energy supply further. Who are they going to buy from? Tulsi Tanti?

See, the thing about China and this whole Nobel thing is that China's growth has also brought about tremendous maturity. A few decades ago, we could have expected a North Korea-like tit-for-tat for the Nobel issue and a complete shut-off of trade, but China has grown up quite a bit. It eats on the big table with the big boys, and acts like it. Another reason some may say that India or Brazil, for example, are just not ready for the UNSC.

Its the deterrent factor my friend.

India has a very large Military and we need to guarantee that any attack on Pakistani Soil will result in devastating Indian casualties that India would balk at any adventures across the border.

If we don't add more teeth to our arsenal and India keeps arming up, India will get complacent and arrogant and will attack Pakistan.

India needs to know that will drown in an ocean of tears and blood if it attacks Pakistan and that is what these F-16 will guarantee. :)

India will never dare to undertake misadventures against Pakistan.

Thunder can make it rain in children's diapers and make them cry. What your point?
My point?
Thunders----->jf-17
Rain----------->F-16
Honestly..just coz u asked me..jf-17 is not much of a threat to IAF. But f-16 could be a pain in the @s$ that too with MLUs. If PAF is buying whole fleet of Norway,then it has all the potential to create havoc. That's all..no offence :)

BTW..thunders are effective against children...not big boys.

JF17 is not liked by indians at all ,they just can't appreciate it.
for u it might not be a threat but ask IAF whether it is for them or not.

It is our baby and we are proud of it.

My point?
Thunders----->jf-17
Rain----------->F-16
Honestly..just coz u asked me..jf-17 is not much of a threat to IAF. But f-16 could be a pain in the @s$ that too with MLUs. If PAF is buying whole fleet of Norway,then it has all the potential to create havoc. That's all..no offence :)

BTW..thunders are effective against children...not big boys.
Any aircraft flown by Pakistan, even the F-7s, are most assuredly a threat to the IAF. The JF17s are purpose built to give the IAF something to think about. If that weren't the case, we would have no need to pursue them further and you would have no need for the MMRCA, PAK-FA etc.

There are no big boys to our East, so the Thunder is plenty.

I don't think its gonna be a good idea to buy used f-16's .mean for how long will we keep huging those f-16's .they are good fighters but everything has a peak during certain period of time and f-16's peak era was 1980-2010 or may be you can add couple of years more but now with the evolution of new tech they have become less threatening as compared to the other aircrafts .Also bringing more f-16's in means stepping ahead towards another possible embargo. jf-17 would be 1000 times better than a embargoed f-16

Also current plans are to evacuate NATO forces from Afghanistan till/in 2012.so after that we would see sudden change in policy from US towards Pakistan and surely that would be more negative than the current one.As they would no more need help from Pakistan like they do now.

So why to step towards ambiguity?

Also many PAF officials have said 100 of times that within couple of years f-16 block 52+ will not be the most advance fighter in PAF inventory .so when they say this they mean this as they have some credibility .
An Airforce who loves f-16 to death when herself says that something better than block 52+ is coming out in couple of years so you can think what they mean

J-10 may be better in design but issue is AL-31 WS-10A not up to the mark. Plz people elaborate what else is available other than F-16s
Rafale can't afford them no sense of having a fleet of 10-12 jets Eurofighter too expensive. JSF nod to Americans and its not even better than F-16 cant out turn it. Its going to be another Bombtruck like F-4.
we should buy F-16s from where ever we can it can be a source of spares and put a few in service. PAF certainly wants the F-16 Fleet to be 110 as originally planned in the 90s:pakistan:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom