What's new

PAKISTAN - CRADLE OF CIVILIZATIONS

if we are not Egyptians then who is ? people from space ? and because we converted to islam does that mean we are not Egyptian any more
i have seen people from all around the world saying that modern Egyptians are not real Egyptians even if all DNA studies shows that we are the same
jews europeans arabs ethiopians berbers all claim they were the real egyptians and every one has his story but this is the most stupid thing i have ever heard

dude you will get mental talking to indians, you will soon accept you are not egyptian but it were infact the indians who built the pyramids

Tipu Sultan was Muslim & this religion spread to india through Pakistan. Don't you people say that Muslim do not belong to Subcontinent & should move back to Arabian land;)

That's funny, you chaps follow Mr. Jinnah's claim that Islam constituted a separate nation regardless of where you were. It obviously follows that anything non-Islamic is not part of your nation. Trying to have it both ways, eh?

Probably, during IVC times the present territory of Bharat was regarded as a barbarious place.

In which case, isn't it a wonder how things change?:)

That's funny, you chaps follow Mr. Jinnah's claim that Islam constituted a separate nation regardless of where you were. It obviously follows that anything non-Islamic is not part of your nation. Trying to have it both ways, eh?

In which case, isn't it a wonder how things change?:)

Look at the hypocracy one band of brothers posts on Islam related issues as we are one, its not just belonging to ummah!!! they claim it was "them" "us" who were on top.

On these threads they claim they share this history too!! phew. The common man must have his head swirling in confusion.

<sigh>

Same old same old.

I am tempted to step beyond the boundaries of the debate as it is usually conducted (usually during a significant phase of the moon, odd considering the probable gender of the discussing parties), and remind people of the circumstances surrounding the civilization in question, circumstances that are hardly ever brought up, but have a vital bearing on our understanding of these long-past events.

On the other hand, considering that Umair Nawaz and Icewolf have already got involved, I am strongly untempted.

Pakistan is like an abandoned orphan looking for its parentage. And it will grasp at whatever straws within its reach. Then again, there is a trifle issue of filling its history books, which unlike our thick volumes merely finishes in two chapters.

Its all perfectly understandable and i hold no grudge my dear neibhours. Although instead of the cradle of any civilizations, you are the offspring of earlier muslim invadors which raped and looted the local populace thus laying the foundation of majority of pakistan as we know it.

But whatever makes you feel worthwhile. Its all good. No point debating here.

I think every country in the world with the sole exception of pakistan has its own unique culture and history. What pakistanis did, is unprecedented anywhere else in the world. They willingly abandoned their history and culture. Vociferously maintaining some illusion of having been "conquerors", when they were in fact the most afflicted and abused.

Now they suffer for it, because even if they want to reclaim their heritage now, no one will believe them.

lol again with the "world"
You guys seriously sound like children
"the whole world knows my daddy is beat your daddy up"
And seriously, the "whole world" doesn't give two craps about India (Or Pakistan), when they think India they think poverty and starvation.

And again, please provide evidence that the Republic of India has existed for 7000 years.
until you do, I will be here laughing at your silliness.

Republic of India is just a name we coined after Independence....we trace our roots to IVC and beyond. We are living and breathing embodiment of our ancient past which you cannot deny.

however you can claim the roots if you can connect the dots all the way to IVC. Show me those dots and we will gladly accept your claims.

Republic of India is just a name we coined after Independence....we trace our roots to IVC and beyond. We are living and breathing embodiment of our ancient past which you cannot deny.

Dear Its not WE but history denying your roots to IVC....Its Herodotus to be precise.

however you can claim the roots if you can connect the dots all the way to IVC. Show me those dots and we will gladly accept your claims.

Republic of India is a legal entity that has a government, laws, and border in common.
Your History does not. You can claim claim your roots as you have that right, but you don't have the right to make up history and claim that the republic of India is a bazillion years old.

Republic of India is a legal entity that has a government, laws, and border in common.
Your History does not. You can claim claim your roots as you have that right, but you don't have the right to make up history and claim that the republic of India is a bazillion years old.

Isn't it what we are debating? In history the border of a country keep changing and at the time of IVC they happened to be living on the banks of Indus river. After abandoning their cities they just dispersed to greener pastures.... most likely other river banks or near water bodies. We claim IVC because of our roots based on Hinduism which is based on history. You are claiming based on boundary only. If Pakistan was not partitioned in 1947 we would have claim to both history and border as well.

150px-Yogi._Mold_of_Seal%2C_Indus_valley_civilization.jpg

An Indus Valley seal
showing the
"pashupati" figure.

indians should refrain from claiming cultural heritage of foreign countries, i'm sure you can dig up your own ancient history, hands off ours.

Discuss but don't drag religiin sire!!
well history told that main Hindu culture and roots were in Indus valley which vanished after Muhammad Bin Qasim attach as much people converted into Islam and laid foundation of a new civilization...
here people of subcontinent are very different and add different things in their culture soo that happened here and Islamic values got mixed with Hinduism...
that happened mainly due to Akbar introduction of new religion which was a mixture of both Islam and Hinduism....
here buddhism was also a dominated religion in north and christianity got introduced after britans domination.....
some other religion are also in here in very less percentage and are vanishing.....
That's allz..:coffee:

indians should refrain from claiming cultural heritage of foreign countries, i'm sure you can dig up your own ancient history, hands off ours.

If you have conclusive proof that IVC belongs to Pakistan and is not related to Hinduism then please elaborate.

The center of Indus Valley culture was along the Indus River basin and its tributaries, which places most of it in present day Pakistan, but ruins of this culture have also appeared as far west as northern Afghanistan along the Oxus river and east into present day Gujarat, and even into Haryana State in central India. This covers an area the size of Western Europe and so far over a thousand cities and settlements have been located! The Indus Valley people left behind an extensive set of cities and towns, the most notable of which are Harappa, Mohenjo Daro and Lothal, and through these sites it is clear that they were well organized with planned streets, elaborate bathes, covered sewage systems, water and drainage to individual homes, and even large port facilities.

Hinduism and The Indus Valley Civilization

The center of this civilization and it's most magnificent cities - and achievements are in Pakistan - so belongs to us, regarding it's links to Hinduism - negative, buried their dead, ate beef, no temples or idols have been found.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom