What's new

PAKISTAN - CRADLE OF CIVILIZATIONS

By your logic Egypt doesn't build Pyramids anymore nor they have or beleive in Statue Gods so that Ancient Egyptian civilization is now no more Egypt's history? IVC was Pakistan's history, people of this land leave those practices as time passes & as they accept religion of light...but this doesn't means that their fore fathers became your fore fathers. You should be proud of your fore fathers even if they failed to give anything of your own which you could claim proudly by thumping your chest. But i see atleast most indians inherited one thing, that is to claim others acheivements as their own.:lol:

As you ask why Pakistan wanted E-Pakistan i.e Bdsh so let me clear your mind that it was leaders of Bdsh who opt to join with Pakistan. According to original Pakistan plan Pakistan was supposed to be Punjab, KPK, FATA, Kashmir, Sind & Balochistan, Bdsh with Assam was supposed to be another country in the east & Osmanistan a third country in South. I hope you won't bring offtopic cr@ps anymore.

Thats what you wanted, nothing supposed to be.

Dont cry now that you Quaid got you a moth eaten Pak which you lose more with your arrogance.

Moth eaten Pak ate its own hands and ended up like this today.

Thats what you wanted, nothing supposed to be.

Dont cry now that you Quaid got you a moth eaten Pak which you lose more with your arrogance.

Moth eaten Pak ate its own hands and ended up like this today.

right but from your words it sounds like you are crying not him :lol:

I am very happy dude,I have 4 CVs from Pak friends who want to leave plush jobs in Karachi and move abroad as they dont want to settle down in Pak.

The view I favour is that the original inhabitants of the lower Indus Valley may well have had links with the Elamite peoples of Iran and Babylon.

However, by 2500 BC they had become quite integrated with the Vedic peoples, who had expanded westwards from the Ganga-Yamuna-Saraswati region. (There are verses in the Rig Veda in which the poets speak of their ancestors who lived in Kashi, even further east in the Gangetic Valley.)

If you look at ruins on the banks of the Indus and the Saraswati, dating to about 2500 BC, i.e. the Rig Vedic period, you find a uniform system of measurements used everywhere. (This system matches well with the measures described in the Arthashastra, and interestingly, there are old buildings existing in India and Nepal today that are based on the same system of measurement as Mohenjodaro and Harappa!)

This was also roughly the period in which Zoroastrianism originated in Afghanistan or the upper Indus Valley. As is well known, the Avestan language of the Zoroastrians is basically identical to Vedic Sanskrit.

The view I favour is that the original inhabitants of the lower Indus Valley may well have had links with the Elamite peoples of Iran and Babylon.

However, by 2500 BC they had become quite integrated with the Vedic peoples, who had expanded westwards from the Ganga-Yamuna-Saraswati region. (There are verses in the Rig Veda in which the poets speak of their ancestors who lived in Kashi, even further east in the Gangetic Valley.)

If you look at ruins on the banks of the Indus and the Saraswati, dating to about 2500 BC, i.e. the Rig Vedic period, you find a uniform system of measurements used everywhere. (This system matches well with the measures described in the Arthashastra, and interestingly, there are old buildings existing in India and Nepal today that are based on the same system of measurement as Mohenjodaro and Harappa!)

This was also roughly the period in which Zoroastrianism originated in Afghanistan or the upper Indus Valley. As is well known, the Avestan language of the Zoroastrians is basically identical to Vedic Sanskrit.

In other words you are suggesting that the "Aryans" emerged not from C. Asia but from North/Central India? I will not refute this view (I find it quite appealing at times as well) but it still leaves a lot open to explanation. I mean how does one explain the heavy presence of say Soma in the RigVeda and its simultaneous use by the Iranic peoples further West. The plant from which Soma was made as far as I am aware does not exist in South Asia but rather is found in Central Asia and parts of Northern Pakistan.

Regarding the relationship of the IVC people with the Elamites and Babylonians, I like that hypothesis because it explains a lot. The IVC language is understood to be a Dravidian tounge, and many immediately argued thus that the IVC and its people are related to S. India. However the Brahvi people (the only Dravidian speaking people left in Pakistan today) are ironically the most West Asian in the country as far as genetics are concerned:

"The second linguistic outlier is the Brahui population, located in central Baluchistan, which represents a Dravidian-speaking enclave outside India. Historical records indicate that the Brahui are descendants of Turko-Iranian tribes from west Asia (Hughes-Buller 1991). Today, Dravidian languages are essentially restricted to south India and Sri Lanka, but the proto-Elamo-Dravidian hypothesis (McAlpin 1974, 1981) proposes that they originated in the Iranian province of Elam and were once spoken over a much larger area, including Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and all India. The Brahui population is characterized by high prevalences (55%) of western Eurasian mtDNAs and the lowest frequency in the region (21%) of haplogroup M*, which otherwise is common (∼60%) among Dravidian-speaking Indian populations. As shown in the PC1 (fig. 6), the Brahui lie in an intermediate position between Iranian and Indus Valley populations, far from the Gujaratis and even farther from Dravidian-speaking Indian groups (results not shown). These observations exclude the possibility that the Dravidian presence in Baluchistan has resulted from recent incursions of Dravidian speakers from India and show that the maternal gene pool of the Brahui is similar to that of Indo-Iranian speakers from the southwestern Asian corridor. Although the present Brahui population could represent an ancient Indian Dravidian-speaking population relocated to Pakistan, where they admixed with local populations, no historical record supports this hypothesis. Thus, this suggests that they are the last northern survivors of a larger Dravidian-speaking region predating the arrival of Indo-Iranian speakers, thus reinforcing the proto-Elamo-Dravidian hypothesis (McAlpin 1974, 1981)."

Where West Meets East: The Complex mtDNA Landscape of the Southwest and Central Asian Corridor

I will not refute this view (I find it quite appealing at times as well) but it still leaves a lot open to explanation. I mean how does one explain the heavy presence of say Soma in the RigVeda and its simultaneous use by the Iranic peoples further West. The plant from which Soma was made as far as I am aware does not exist in South Asia but rather is found in Central Asia and parts of Northern Pakistan.

Actually it is not known with any certainty what the Soma plant was.

But the part of the Rig Veda that speaks a lot about the Soma plant (Book 9), is known to be one of the newer parts of the Rig Veda. By that time, Northern Pakistan and Afghanistan were a part of the Vedic sphere. So it may well be that the plant was native to those regions.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom