What's new

Pakistan Constitution should make hijab compulsory: JI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, there is no compulsion in religion just like no one told a Muslim to take Shahadah...Once you have taken it, like once you have become a UK citizen, you need to follow certain law/ order...

Yes, there is no use in forcing, but educating one to understand the needs would be a good start.

As for the prostitutes...If they are using hijab, doesn't make the Hijab bad just like a clumsy car driver doesn't soil the make of the car he is driving...

I agree with you about educating part and adult should have freedom to do something by their own freewill and we all know every adult is responsible for his/her own deeds. All we can do is explain them with kindness and love but its their choice .

No i never said hjiab is bad if prostitute wear it. I was saying that prostitute will not become modest just because you see her wearing hijab. We should not judge character of peoples just because they are wearing certain clothes. Modesty should start from heart and mind.

Just because the belly is covered? Well, I thought Sari is the dress not the showing of the belly!

Sari has a very unique,weird combination of modesty and hotness quotient that is simply not replicable in any other dress. I'm a sucker for girls in sarees. Mini skirts can go take a hike !

No flame here...Have you been to Bali?

Yes....and Indonesia is more like Iran, not like Arabia. Where the native culture influences Islam and has produced a syncretic form.

And Bali is the last stronghold of the ancient culture there.

well sari has different design and variety.

well something like this

That is just one way of wearinf saree. If you pull the paallu and throw it atop your shoulder then you have the belly view. :blink:

No i never said hjiab is bad if prostitute wear it. I was saying that prostitute will not become modest just because you see her wearing hijab. We should not judge character of peoples just because they are wearing certain clothes. Modesty should start from heart and mind.

Agreed...But judging itself is not our part to do. Have you seen hooligan male? I have..I know in South Asia even if you are in a burqa...Manly eyes can make you feel naked- THE WAY THEY STARE...I am not the only ones saying this! People here complain the same about South Asians!

But a gora RARELY- usually if he is drunk or just has bad manners stares at you in the same manner...and if you have the basic hijab (no not the burqa...just loose clothing and showing the face and hands..) ALHAMDULILLAH I have never felt as I feel from the stare of a South Asian!

Wouldn't know...Tripped and fell on one when I was a kid, bled like crazy at mamoo's marriage :( and then dad forbade my mom to ever wear one! :P

oh bad..I think sari look good on tall slim woman but that is just my perception :D salwar kameez can look good on any women no matter what size or length as you can have any design and style you like from simple to fancy and easy to handle compare to sari

At topic: What Jamaat is saying is technically 100% true. Pakistan is an Islamic Republic, and what kind of Islamic Republic does not have laws based on Islam?

At topic: What Jamaat is saying is technically 100% true. Pakistan is an Islamic Republic, and what kind of Islamic Republic does not have laws based on Islam?

Did you know Pakistan became Islamic republic in the late 1950? (thats years after partition) The laws today in Pakistan are not islamic. Its the people who need to change, they have become hypocrites....

Sari has a very unique,weird combination of modesty and hotness quotient that is simply not replicable in any other dress. I'm a sucker for girls in sarees. Mini skirts can go take a hike !

Being a woman, THAT is disturbing...

Yes....and Indonesia is more like Iran, not like Arabia. Where the native culture influences Islam and has produced a syncretic form.

Yes? You have been to Bali / Yes you have been to Indonesia?

And Bali is the last stronghold of the ancient culture there.

Ancient culture did not have semi- nude beaches...Their ancient culture was Hindu- Buddhist! Foreign white bodies in the beaches and bringing in prostitution market as well as expensive resorts is FAR from their ancient culture

Agreed...But judging itself is not our part to do. Have you seen hooligan male? I have..I know in South Asia even if you are in a burqa...Manly eyes can make you feel naked- THE WAY THEY STARE...I am not the only ones saying this! People here complain the same about South Asians!

But a gora RARELY- usually if he is drunk or just has bad manners stares at you in the same manner...and if you have the basic hijab (no not the burqa...just loose clothing and showing the face and hands..) ALHAMDULILLAH I have never felt as I feel from the stare of a South Asian!

I know what you are talking about.. but those men who stare at women forget that Islam asked them to lower their gaze before Islam ask women to wear hijab. They dont follow part of their hijab but give fatwa on women that hijab should be compulsory for them. Its open hypocrisy

Talon its true for girls as well. I saw some hijabi girl in college staring at guys behind hijab because they think they can easily do this and no one will notice them. Its simply a habit. Those who like staring on opposite gender. they will never stop doing it no matter what women is wearing, no matter they are eastern or western etc

Do you have selective reading habits?

“We don’t prohibit Shia adherents to practise but there are (laws) that don’t allow preaching to adherents of Sunnah Wal Jamaah (Sunnis),”

Every country has its laws...France doesn't allow the practising of wearing the Hijab, cross or any other religious symbol just to show that it wasn't aiming at Islam but wanted everyone to look alike- Talk about "enforcing" people to look the same and not follow a religion- THIS the world did not raise a voice at nor protested except the Muslim countries...

Hence, If Malaysia has it's laws of NOT SPREADING a certain sect...Then why raise voices?

Being a woman, THAT is disturbing...

Why it should be ?...:blink:

Yes? You have been to Bali / Yes you have been to Indonesia?

I have been to Bali which is in Indonesia. But if you meant ask other parts of Indonesia, then no.

Ancient culture did not have semi- nude beaches...Their ancient culture was Hindu- Buddhist! Foreign white bodies in the beaches and bringing in prostitution market as well as expensive resorts is FAR from their ancient culture

Why should nudity be always associated with modernity ? Actually it is covering up that is relatively modern.

Do you have selective reading habits?

“We don’t prohibit Shia adherents to practise but there are (laws) that don’t allow preaching to adherents of Sunnah Wal Jamaah (Sunnis),”

Every country has its laws...France doesn't allow the practising of wearing the Hijab, cross or any other religious symbol just to show that it wasn't aiming at Islam but wanted everyone to look alike- Talk about "enforcing" people to look the same and not follow a religion- THIS the world did not raise a voice at nor protested except the Muslim countries...

Hence, If Malaysia has it's laws of NOT SPREADING a certain sect...Then why raise voices?

Did I condemn that or express my outrage ? I am a fanatic follower of "their country, their rule" policy.

Why I mentioned this was some guy told Pakistan should be as civilized as Malaysia. I just showed how Pakistan is actually better than Malaysia in treating its Shias, atleast on a constitutional level. You are free to disagree with that though ;)

I know what you are talking about.. but those men who stare at women forget that Islam asked them to lower their gaze before Islam ask women to wear hijab. They dont follow part of their hijab but give fatwa on women that hijab should be compulsory for them. Its open hypocrisy

YES! It is! But as a woman I will at least do my part and let them answer to ALLAH

Talon its true for girls as well. I saw some hijabi girl in college staring at guys behind hijab because they think they can easily do this and no one will notice them. Its simply a habit. Those who like staring on opposite gender. they will never stop doing it no matter what women is wearing, no matter they are eastern or western etc

1 girl? Well, that is her problem...I would go up and ask doesn't he look gorgeous and if its a yes, were you staring. If it is a no and she stares then she was staring and just found another excuse to take a second look. A true woman would blush and walk away or scold you..

BTW, the problem is not the girl's stare...Did the guy feel naked by the way she stared? Did she have intentions in her eyes? Can she overpower him?

These are the fears I as a woman have when I am being stared at...Better cautious than sorry! Plus in a backward country like Pakistan if a man attacks you have 2 choice, hope to GOD that everyone in the area had a bad day and were waiting to beat a man up or hope to GOD they actually have the guts to call someone who can help and that you can run faster than BOLT!!

Why it should be ?...:blink:

Tell it to your sister or daughter and wait for your wife to slap you :)

I have been to Bali which is in Indonesia. But if you meant ask other parts of Indonesia, then no.

Go to other parts of Indonesia and then tell me how SIMILAR is that to Bali...

Why should nudity be always associated with modernity ? Actually it is covering up that is relatively modern.

No not modernity...I was talking about how tourism had distorted Bali and made it different from what it was supposed to be!

Did I condemn that or express my outrage ? I am a fanatic follower of "their country, their rule" policy.

Good :)

Why I mentioned this was some guy told Pakistan should be as civilized as Malaysia. I just showed how Pakistan is actually better than Malaysia in treating its Shias, atleast on a constitutional level. You are free to disagree with that though ;)

I am a bit of both- Pakistani as well as a Malay...I would not let anyone slash either :)

On a constitutional basis Pakistan is much much more tolerant to Shias than Malaysia.

I personally dont see any issue if one sect declare others sect wrong based on their interpretation of Islam. I am only against oppression or using any kind of violence for other sects simply because they are not Interpreting the Islam as you do. You can think others whatever you wish as long as you don't give any harms to them but that is just my thinking

Hadith are very important to understand Islam. Without Hadith Muslims would not know how to pray. Problem arises from differentiating the authentic from unauthentic ones.

I personally dont see any issue if one sect declare others sect wrong based on their interpretation of Islam. I am only against oppression or using any kind of violence for other sects simply because they are not Interpreting the Islam as you do. You can think others whatever you wish as long as you don't give any harms to them but that is just my thinking

Once you declare other as wrong, from then on its a slippery slope.

Why should the wrong be spared ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom