What's new

Pakistan Constitution should make hijab compulsory: JI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see various free political expression throughout the country and the right to protest peacefully.

Good to see various free political expression throughout the country and the right to protest peacefully.

Very positive way of looking at it! :)

That too from the voices of women!

Everyone is throwing te word 'modern 'around without even knowing the meaning. These women in the picture are the only modernists, we have been wearing traditional clothes like shalwar kameez, saris etc. but this weird talibani clothes are something new, hence modern.

Do Pak women wear saris ?

well we have many serious issue to discuss than talking about compulsion of hijab or beard.

As far me concern there is no compulsion in religion. I don't see any use of that hijab which women wear because of fear of law or society. Just wearing hijab is not guarantee of modesty as i have seen some prostitute in Pakistan who used hijab so that no one can recognise them. Forcing hijab is as logical as offering namaz without wodu or keeping beard because of fear of taliban. I am also not in favour of taking that choice away from women by using force.

I don't understand why extremism in Pakistan exists on two ends. There is a left side and there is also a right side. Why can't we become civilized Muslims like Indonesians, Malaysians ??

Being a Shia is a punishable offence in Malaysia and the sect is banned there. Just saying.

Bali is not even Indonesian - That island is all foreigner! :(

Doesn't really represent the country!

At the risk of starting a flame war, I would say BALI is what actually represents the residue of ancient Indonesian culture !

well we have many serious issue to discuss than talking about compulsion of hijab or beard.

As far me concern there is no compulsion in religion. I don't see any use of that hijab which women wear because of fear of law or society. Just wearing hijab is not guarantee of modesty as i have seen some prostitute in Pakistan who used hijab so that no one can recognise them. Forcing hijab is as logical as offering namaz without wodu or keeping beard because of fear of taliban. I am also not in favour of taking that choice away from women by using force.

Yes, there is no compulsion in religion just like no one told a Muslim to take Shahadah...Once you have taken it, like once you have become a UK citizen, you need to follow certain law/ order...

Yes, there is no use in forcing, but educating one to understand the needs would be a good start.

As for the prostitutes...If they are using hijab, doesn't make the Hijab bad just like a clumsy car driver doesn't soil the make of the car he is driving...

not much..sari is not common dress in punjab, khyber or else where..just seen very few elite women wear it on marriages party or media functions but that also with belly covered

Well that aint sari ! ;)

At the risk of starting a flame war, I would say BALI is what actually represents the residue of ancient Indonesian culture !

No flame here...Have you been to Bali?

Being a Shia is a punishable offence in Malaysia and the sect is banned there. Just saying.

Where did you get this?

where did you get this from ?

lol just realize its second time i am saying same thing what talon posted :D

Well that aint sari ! ;)

well sari has different design and variety.

well something like this

Bandhani-Saree-Design-for-Pakistani-Girls-520x833.jpg

well sari has different design and variety.

well something like this

Bandhani-Saree-Design-for-Pakistani-Girls-520x833.jpg

Wouldn't know...Tripped and fell on one when I was a kid, bled like crazy at mamoo's marriage :( and then dad forbade my mom to ever wear one! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom